Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Denver Nuggets Forum

Denver Nuggets Forum Denver Nuggets forum - Denver Nuggets message board

Old 11-01-2009, 07:39 PM   #1
QuebecBaller
Next Great White Hope

QuebecBaller is a pretty well-respected posterQuebecBaller is a pretty well-respected posterQuebecBaller is a pretty well-respected posterQuebecBaller is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Any 7-footer available?

Don't you think Denver should try to sign (or trade for) a 7-footer? I'm sure there's some cheap big men who could help the Nuggets against all centers of the western conference.
QuebecBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 09:19 AM   #2
paguy1955
High School Starter

paguy1955 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Any 7-footer available?

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuebecBaller
Don't you think Denver should try to sign (or trade for) a 7-footer? I'm sure there's some cheap big men who could help the Nuggets against all centers of the western conference.

What do you think???? 7 footers that ARE WORTH IT just don't grow on trees
paguy1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 07:59 PM   #3
el gringos
Good college starter

el gringos has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by paguy1955
What do you think???? 7 footers that ARE WORTH IT just don't grow on trees

Right- there just aren't ways to get these "7 footers" - the team is too cheap to buy one (I still say rasheed wallace would have been the perfect piece)

The 2 young guys that fit the nugs core best would be bargnani and spencer hawes- both probobly ungettable, maybe hawes?

only way to get bigger is to move kenyon, and that would be hard- the trade I'd try is
Kenyon for sam dalembert and jason smith- I'd want to swap lawson and holiday and nugs would prob have to add petro and picks, but would dalembert and smith be worth kenyon? That would make our froncourt way bigger and imo make nene and birdman more effective

Kmart
Lawson
2 1sts

For

Dalembert
Jason smith
Jrue holiday

But the nuggets don't have to get bigger to be successful this season- just to be successful in the playoffs against teams like the lakers or if they ran up against the celtics, magic, or cavs- even the jazz and blazers bother me with how much bigger they are up front- but we are just as big as phoenix
el gringos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 08:52 AM   #4
monlong2004
Can barely lace up my sneakers

monlong2004 has an OK reputation so far

My dear friends! Odds are different in different betting companies, live score is changing in every minute, do not miss the wonderful live matches, Champion Cup, FA Premier Leagu, Italian Serie A, NBA. Nowodds.com will provide you the latest match information, and help you to grasp your victory. (Nowgoal.com provides you the latest matches information by free, to help you win in your bet)
www.nowgoal.com/25.shtml
monlong2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 05:24 PM   #5
tsforthrees
red vines cray

tsforthrees has decent reputation

If we made that trade I would vomit.
tsforthrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 05:13 PM   #6
el gringos
Good college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsforthrees
If we made that trade I would vomit.

Which part? Holiday/lawson?, take that out- could you really not want
Kenyon
for
Dalembert and jason smith

This front line is too small to win in the playoffs and too thin in depth(and size and talent)
Nene 6-11
Kmart 6-9
Bird 6-11
Petro 7-0
Balkman 6-7

A frontcourt like this makes nugs competitive against the top teams
Dalembert 7-1
Nene 6-11
Bird 6-11
Smith 7-0
Petro 7-0

That teams big enough to play with anybody- only worry is loss in the speed game after already losing klieza and jones- but nene and birdman can takeover all of the roles kmart plays and can do plenty close to as good or better

Imo jason smith is a hidden gem, and would fit the nugs perfect as an outside player to complement carmelo and nene- nugs will not be able to draft a big this good the next however many seasons- and then dalembert would be so important against lakers, portland, boston, cleveland, orlando type teams- hed give so much of a break on nene and birdman and make them both so much more effective

Nene playing as a pf would be crazy- nobody could handle him- and at c he is good, but still is undersized against big c's-

I know they aren't making this trade, but the fact is kmart has to go if they are going to be this cheap- its the only option- he doesn't bring enough impact that can't be replaced for the money and amout of cap he takes up- qaurter of the cap? Not worth it IF THEY'RE STAYING CHEAP

But philly wouldn't do that trade- kmarts contract needs to be broken into 2 or 3 pieces if they really aren't using any of those valuble trade extensions and just staying super cheap mode- what are your ideas- who do you try for?
Old 11-10-2009, 07:47 AM   #7
GUS DIDDLES
Can barely lace up my sneakers

GUS DIDDLES has an OK reputation so far

thats silly y would you want to get rid of TY
ok new trade idea

K-MART + 1st round draft pick (mabe 2 if needed)
for
Dalembert
and
M.Speights

and it works ive checkd on trade machine and dalembert dosent want to be there and we dont want Kenyons contract on the plus side their 2 bigs over 610 and together average almost 20 ppg and 12 rebounds and 2 block per game so yeah this would be my option
GUS DIDDLES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 02:20 PM   #8
el gringos
Good college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GUS DIDDLES
thats silly y would you want to get rid of TY
ok new trade idea

K-MART + 1st round draft pick (mabe 2 if needed)
for
Dalembert
and
M.Speights

and it works ive checkd on trade machine and dalembert dosent want to be there and we dont want Kenyons contract on the plus side their 2 bigs over 610 and together average almost 20 ppg and 12 rebounds and 2 block per game so yeah this would be my option

Speights is their #1 big man right now, I think that is an easy no from the philly side- reason I thought maybe jason smith could be had is because of how well speights is playing

Jason smith would be a great fit on the nugs because he has perimiter shooting and passing skills to offset carmelo and nene's low post games
Old 11-11-2009, 02:39 PM   #9
tsforthrees
red vines cray

tsforthrees has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by el gringos
Which part? Holiday/lawson?, take that out- could you really not want
Kenyon
for
Dalembert and jason smith

This front line is too small to win in the playoffs and too thin in depth(and size and talent)
Nene 6-11
Kmart 6-9
Bird 6-11
Petro 7-0
Balkman 6-7

A frontcourt like this makes nugs competitive against the top teams
Dalembert 7-1
Nene 6-11
Bird 6-11
Smith 7-0
Petro 7-0

That teams big enough to play with anybody- only worry is loss in the speed game after already losing klieza and jones- but nene and birdman can takeover all of the roles kmart plays and can do plenty close to as good or better

Imo jason smith is a hidden gem, and would fit the nugs perfect as an outside player to complement carmelo and nene- nugs will not be able to draft a big this good the next however many seasons- and then dalembert would be so important against lakers, portland, boston, cleveland, orlando type teams- hed give so much of a break on nene and birdman and make them both so much more effective

Nene playing as a pf would be crazy- nobody could handle him- and at c he is good, but still is undersized against big c's-

I know they aren't making this trade, but the fact is kmart has to go if they are going to be this cheap- its the only option- he doesn't bring enough impact that can't be replaced for the money and amout of cap he takes up- qaurter of the cap? Not worth it IF THEY'RE STAYING CHEAP

But philly wouldn't do that trade- kmarts contract needs to be broken into 2 or 3 pieces if they really aren't using any of those valuble trade extensions and just staying super cheap mode- what are your ideas- who do you try for?

dalembert is tall but he also sucks. he got cut from Canada's national team. dalembert would be an awful fit. we don't need another down low player we already have nene and melo. if we get another big we need to get a guy like zydrunas ilgauskas who could spread the floor a little bit. teams are sagging on us because we still aren't a very good shooting team.
tsforthrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 01:40 PM   #10
el gringos
Good college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsforthrees
dalembert is tall but he also sucks. he got cut from Canada's national team. dalembert would be an awful fit. we don't need another down low player we already have nene and melo. if we get another big we need to get a guy like zydrunas ilgauskas who could spread the floor a little bit. teams are sagging on us because we still aren't a very good shooting team.

I could never disagree w you saying that floor spacing is the big need out of a big- and that's why jason smith is a great fit- and its why rasheed was the guy to go after- couldn't get bargnani or spencer hawes or even yi, so smith would be.nice

But besides for a floor spacing big (which there aren't too many) post defense is the other issue- and no we wouldn't need dalemberts low post offense, but do need his size- imo nene would be a better defensive pf than kmart- kmart can't cover gasol and even bynum is way bigger than nene- put nene on gasol and I'd feel a lot better- same with birdman he would just be so much more effective w a center

Glad someone mentioned floor spacing, its only been the problem for years- carmelo is the ideal sf to play an outside/in pf alongside
Old 11-13-2009, 07:50 AM   #11
kurple
Very good NBA starter

kurple has a near all-star reputation herekurple has a near all-star reputation herekurple has a near all-star reputation herekurple has a near all-star reputation herekurple has a near all-star reputation herekurple has a near all-star reputation here

TE + Future 1st for Chris Wilcox

Kwame, Big Ben, Maxiell, Charlie V & Daye are all ahead of Wilcox in the rotation and Chris can really ball..

Pistons save 3 mill this & next, will have 3 more mill cap space next off season and they also get a pick
kurple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 07:50 PM   #12
Pokerface
Great young streetballer

Pokerface has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurple
TE + Future 1st for Chris Wilcox

Kwame, Big Ben, Maxiell, Charlie V & Daye are all ahead of Wilcox in the rotation and Chris can really ball..

Pistons save 3 mill this & next, will have 3 more mill cap space next off season and they also get a pick

I would trade Balkman and a future 2nd, or Balkman and Petro for Wilcox instead of a future 1st.
Pokerface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 10:38 PM   #13
el gringos
Good college starter

No on wilcox just because that's all the team already has is pf sized guys who can't shoot at all- the only way it should be another non floor spreading player is if the guy is big enough to cover 7 foot+ guys- wilcox gets outsized by the same guys that kmart and bird do

Now if it was for a pf than what about villenueva for the trade exemption and 2 picks?

Austin daye and jrue holiday were the 2 players in this draft that perfectly fit the nuggets- daye was picked only 3 spots before the nugs- he is many years from his prime or atleast until his body fills out but once he's bigger he is the ideal outside shooting pf that the nugs need to put alongside carmelo and nene
Old 02-25-2010, 12:23 AM   #14
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

So why haven't you guys signed Mikki Moore yet?
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 11:39 AM   #15
JerzeyBlaze
BBall gets u cut

JerzeyBlaze is considered somewhat coolJerzeyBlaze is considered somewhat cool

Y dont u guys pick up Dwayne Jones from the D-League ?
JerzeyBlaze is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: