Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 03-14-2010, 12:01 AM   #481
Leviathon1121
I rule the local playground

Default Re: The Jordan hype train continues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roundball_Rock
As to the substance of his post, it is mostly specious. He often fails to understand the context in which some of those comments he responded to are made. No one, for instance, expects Jordan to beat the 87' Celtics. What some expect is him to lead the team to more than 40 wins and thereby avoid facing the 87' Celtics in the first round. After all, he is the clear GOAT. KG led scrubs to 45ish wins a few times so surely the clear GOAT could do the same?

I just don't get it, I really don't. Where in God's green earth are all these clear GOAT posts? Seriously? Come on, you harp on them in every single post you make. Nobody can post anything that opposes your views because you turn around and say, "Whatever, we expect more from the clear GOAT." You are so amazingly dense. You just got an amazingly well thought out post, from someone who wants you to just stop ruining multiple threads with your Jordan hate. And all you do is crawl back to this myth that this board is filled with people claiming Jordan is the clear GOAT. Nothing but a pure Jordan hating troll.
Leviathon1121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 12:13 AM   #482
juju151111
NBA All-star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathon1121
I just don't get it, I really don't. Where in God's green earth are all these clear GOAT posts? Seriously? Come on, you harp on them in every single post you make. Nobody can post anything that opposes your views because you turn around and say, "Whatever, we expect more from the clear GOAT." You are so amazingly dense. You just got an amazingly well thought out post, from someone who wants you to just stop ruining multiple threads with your Jordan hate. And all you do is crawl back to this myth that this board is filled with people claiming Jordan is the clear GOAT. Nothing but a pure Jordan hating troll.
I and like 2 other person who have ever said that. Other then that nobody has said that. Clear Goat gfor me= When u add everything up MJ always wins.
juju151111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 12:17 AM   #483
Leviathon1121

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatal9
You can keep acting like I think Kobe is the same leader, player MJ was, when I've never said anything of the sort. I do think the comparison is closer than most people think though, but not close enough to even make it arguable or a legitimate debate.

And yet, you are in pretty much every Kobe/Jordan thread doing what? Bashing MJ and propping up Kobe, interesting.
Old 03-14-2010, 12:24 AM   #484
Leviathon1121

Quote:
Originally Posted by juju151111
I and like 2 other person who have ever said that. Other then that nobody has said that. Clear Goat gfor me= When u add everything up MJ always wins.

Thanks a lot juju, you just gave them fuel for the next 6 months for their crusade against the "Jordan Clear GOAT" army that's taking over the universe.

Old 03-14-2010, 08:35 PM   #485
Roundball_Rock
NBA rookie of the year

ESPN fellating MJ even in a documentary about Reggie Miller and the Knicks.

ESPN completely dissed the 94' Bulls. Pathetic. They were "nothing" without Mike. Morons. They took the mighty Knicks who ESPN did this documentary about to 7 games and the refs bailed the Knicks out in that series. That is "nothing"? 55 wins without the "clear GOAT" is nothing? Nearly winning the #1 seed despite injury problems without MJ is nothing?
Roundball_Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 12:26 PM   #486
zizozain
15-1

Quote:

ESPN completely dissed the 94' Bulls. Pathetic. They were "nothing" without Mike. Morons. They took the mighty Knicks who ESPN did this documentary about to 7 games and the refs bailed the Knicks out in that series. That is "nothing"? 55 wins without the "clear GOAT" is nothing? Nearly winning the #1 seed despite injury problems without MJ is nothing?
who owns ESPN ?
zizozain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 01:01 PM   #487
Samurai Swoosh
Root Of All Evil

Quote:
ESPN completely dissed the 94' Bulls. Pathetic. They were "nothing" without Mike. Morons. They took the mighty Knicks who ESPN did this documentary about to 7 games and the refs bailed the Knicks out in that series.
And lost ... they were missing their key, most vital ingredient. I truly don't get how that is difficult to understand. Was it a nice run? Sure. But ultimately they lost in the 2nd round. You don't get points for it being 7 game series. And referees don't win and lose games or series for teams. Blaming the loss on a bad call would be a weak man's mentality. The Bulls had opportunity to put the Knicks away. They didn't because they didn't have the big brother on the team, the alpha dog closer. So? They are stuck in 2nd round immortality. It's nothing super special that they even made it to the 2nd round. For a team that was reeling off 3 championship rings, with enough experience and confidence all around they should've been in the 2nd round of the playoffs, easy.
Samurai Swoosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 02:11 PM   #488
Leviathon1121

Quote:

Seriously, can we have this guy banned? He is not even trying to hide behind making good threads anymore, hes just trolling.
Old 03-16-2010, 02:24 PM   #489
32jazz
National High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai Swoosh
And lost ... they were missing their key, most vital ingredient. I truly don't get how that is difficult to understand. Was it a nice run? Sure. But ultimately they lost in the 2nd round. You don't get points for it being 7 game series. And referees don't win and lose games or series for teams. Blaming the loss on a bad call would be a weak man's mentality. The Bulls had opportunity to put the Knicks away. They didn't because they didn't have the big brother on the team, the alpha dog closer. So? They are stuck in 2nd round immortality. It's nothing super special that they even made it to the 2nd round. For a team that was reeling off 3 championship rings, with enough experience and confidence all around they should've been in the 2nd round of the playoffs, easy.

So in hindsight the MJ sycophants say that the bulls should have made the 2nd rd easily & win 55 games when fans/sport journalist surmised they wouldn't make the playoffs. The Knicks actually IMPROVED with the midseason trade for Derek Harper(for peanuts; Tony Campbell & 1st rd pick) & the Bulls deciding to stick with CBA journeyman Pete 'friggin' Myers despite desperately needing a legitimate guard & Harper was available.

Scottie Pippen also missed 10 games that season & the Bulls were 3-7 without him so they actually would have improved over the preceding season with MJ(with Pete "FRIGGIN" Myers in his spot). Just as his 9 teammates actually collectively improved their FG%, dismissing the myth that MJ 'made his teammates better'(No one makes anyone 'better'. You are what you are).

It is also a 'weak man's mentality to blame MJ's early season failures on lack of talent which many of the MJ apologist do despite him having Oakley/Woolridge/George Gervin/Sedale Threatt/Quinton Daley,etc..

( KAREEM Went to a 19 win expansion team & turned them into a 50 plus win contender in a single season, BIRD took the same Celtics roster that had won 20 something games back to back season to over 60 wins, D ROB turned the awful Spurs into a contender ,OLAJUWON was in the NBA Finals with the Dreadful Rockets within two seasons,etc......... )

When RUSSELL abruptly retired after '69 season & winning a title the Celtics failed to make the playoffs the next season without him, Magic ABRUPTLY retires in '91 after a Finals trip & they dropped 15 games to barely .500 & 1st rd lost although Magic was replaced by a legitimate NBA player(Sedale Threatt), Big O retires ABRUPTLY after 74 Finals which they lost in 7 games & the Bucks fail to make playoffs next season, D Rob gets injured in 96 or 97(?) & misses the entire season & they dropped from a 50 something win contender to 20 wins allowing them to draft Duncan,etc..........It goes on & on.

If the 2nd round with PETE "FRIGGIN" MYERS is nothing then the MJ shot over Ehlo(88) is absolutely the most overhyped shot in NBA history considering the Bulls did 'nothing' ,but make the 2nd round in 88.

So the Hue Hollins 'phantom foul'call(Probably the single worst call in NBA Playoff history) which forced the Bulls to go down 2-3 instead of up 3-2 heading home for game 6(which they won) is an 'excuse'. But all of of MJ failures have no 'excuse' just many 'valid reasons'?

No one is disputing that the Bulls missed MJ's clutchness & especially his legendary "REF LUV', but for MJ sycophants to dismiss what the Buls did in '94 with Pete "FRIGGIN" Myers is a joke.
32jazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 02:31 PM   #490
32jazz

Quote:

Yet MJ's shot over Ehlo to get the Bulls to the 2nd round in '88( where the Bulls lost) revered as the greatest shot in NBA history

It was 'nothing' ,but the 2nd rd so why hype it so much? The Pistons sent them packing in round 2.

The Bulls were also 3-7 during a 10 game stretch without Pippen(injured) that '94 season. So it isn't far fetched to assume they would have improved upon the 55 games with CBA(yes CBA ) journeyman Pete "FRIGGIN" Myers replacing MJ

Last edited by 32jazz : 03-16-2010 at 02:40 PM.
Old 03-16-2010, 02:51 PM   #491
Alhazred
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by 32jazz
So in hindsight the MJ sycophants say that the bulls should have made the 2nd rd easily & win 55 games when fans/sport journalist surmised they wouldn't make the playoffs. The Knicks actually IMPROVED with the midseason trade for Derek Harper(for peanuts; Tony Campbell & 1st rd pick) & the Bulls deciding to stick with CBA journeyman Pete 'friggin' Myers despite desperately needing a legitimate guard & Harper was available.

He also missed nearly three games in the second round. For some reason, certain fans like to overlook this.

Quote:
Scottie Pippen also missed 10 games that season & the Bulls were 3-7 without him so they actually would have improved over the preceding season with MJ(with Pete "FRIGGIN" Myers in his spot). Just as his 9 teammates actually collectively improved their FG%, dismissing the myth that MJ 'made his teammates better'(No one makes anyone 'better'. You are what you are).

Did they do that in the playoffs? Horace Grant, BJ Armstrong and Scottie Pippen all had lower percentages in the 94 playoffs compared to 1993. Also, most people wouldn't consider a team averaging 7 less point per game and shooting a lower field goal percentage compared to the previous year an "improvement".

Quote:
It is also a 'weak man's mentality to blame MJ's early season failures on lack of talent which many of the MJ apologist do despite him having Oakley/Woolridge/George Gervin/Sedale Threatt/Quinton Daley,etc..

The only time all of those guys were on the team was 1986, when Jordan played in 18 games.
Alhazred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 02:58 PM   #492
guy
3-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
No one is disputing that the Bulls missed MJ's clutchness & especially his legendary "REF LUV', but for MJ sycophants to dismiss what the Buls did in '94with Pete "FRIGGIN" Myers is a joke.

No one's dismissing it. There just pointing out the fact that its not nearly as impressive as such a huge population of this board tries to imply. Seriously, since when has a 55 win, 2nd round team that was led by a top 25-35 player in his prime (in most fan's opinions, including almost all Jordan fans even though for some reason other fans think Jordan fans think Pippen was a nobody) with a good enough supporting cast and arguable GOAT coach really that impressive enough that it warrants the dominating of discussions of a basketball forum 16 YEARS LATER?!?!

Quote:
Yet MJ's shot over Ehlo to get the Bulls to the 2nd round in '88( where the Bulls lost) revered as the greatest shot in NBA history

It was 'nothing' ,but the 2nd rd so why hype it so much? The Pistons sent them packing in round 2.

It was actually in 89 and they ended up going to the ECF. What's the hype? It was a signature moment of one of the greatest players ever. Considering the situation and the shot was it not impressive? It was a buzzer-beater in an elimination "win or go home" playoff game for both teams, with the road team and underdog Bulls down by 1 beforehand. How many times has that happened in the NBA? I can't think of any other off the top of my head and definitely not in recent memory. And you're talking about highlights. Its not like its brought up here in discussions every single day.
guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 03:58 PM   #493
32jazz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alhazred
He also missed nearly three games in the second round. For some reason, certain fans like to overlook this.

Did they do that in the playoffs? Horace Grant, BJ Armstrong and Scottie Pippen all had lower percentages in the 94 playoffs compared to 1993. Also, most people wouldn't consider a team averaging 7 less point per game and shooting a lower field goal percentage compared to the previous year an "improvement".

The only time all of those guys were on the team was 1986, when Jordan played in 18 games.

Harper only missed two playoff games during that stretch & still logged more minutes than all ,but Ewing/Starks/OAkley in 5 games. I would take Harper in 5 over CBA journeyman Pete 'FRIGGIN' Myers in 7.

DUDE. I said MJ's teammates from the PREVIOUS season & it is obviuos that MJ had not ever played with the offensively challenged CBA journayman Pete Myers(7 pts) nor the Euro rookie(10 pts on 43% & 27% behind the arc). Certainly those two guys would be a drag on the Bulls overall stats.

MJ's teammates from the previous season(9 of them) collectively shot a better FG% without MJ. I can understand PPG improving as they finally actually got to shoot the damn ball, but their FG% improved.

Kareem joined a 19 win expansion franchise & made them an instant 50 plus win contender.
Bird joined the Celtics who had back to back 20 something win seasons & turned them into an instant 61 something win contender.
Russell Joined the Celtics(a barely .500) club & instantly won a title.

Big O abruptly retired from the Bucks in '74 after losing NBA Finals in 7 games & they missed the playoffs the next season.

MAgic abruptly retired from the lakers in '91(after NBA Finals) & they dropped 15 games & lost 1st round despite a legitimate NBA player(Sedale Threatt)

Bird went abruptly down in 89(back) & the Celtics dropped over 15 games & ECF's? to a 1st rd sweep without him(replaced by Reggie Lewis not a CBA journeyman)

Russell abruptly retired in '69 after winning the title & the Celtics proceeded not to make the playoffs the following season.

DROB turned the 20 something win Spurs into an instant 50 win contender.

D Rob abruptly went down & the Spurs fell to 20 wins despite bringing in a 20ppg Dominique Wilkins which allowed them to draft Tim Duncan since they were sodreadful without DROB.

It goes on with other greats like Wilt as well .
Why do MJ sycophants need to make 'excuses' for his early failures yet Bird/Kareem/Wilt/D Rob/Russell/etc.....turned their teams into instant contenders & their impact was felt much harder on ABRUPT retirements/injuries? They didn't whine about bad teams yet obviously they all started at the bottom of the League like most high draft picks do?
Old 03-16-2010, 04:36 PM   #494
Alhazred
Local High School Star

Quote:
Harper only missed two playoff games during that stretch & still logged more minutes than all ,but Ewing/Starks/OAkley in 5 games. I would take Harper in 5 over CBA journeyman Pete 'FRIGGIN' Myers in 7.

He also only played in 13 minutes for Game 3. The fact is, he was unavailable for a large portion of that series. The Knicks were obviously not at full strength for much of Game 3, as well as Games 4 and 5.

Quote:
DUDE. I said MJ's teammates from the PREVIOUS season & it is obviuos that MJ had not ever played with the offensively challenged CBA journayman Pete Myers(7 pts) nor the Euro rookie(10 pts on 43% & 27% behind the arc). Certainly those two guys would be a drag on the Bulls overall stats.

Actually, he did.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/CHI/1987.html

Quote:
MJ's teammates from the previous season(9 of them) collectively shot a better FG% without MJ. I can understand PPG improving as they finally actually got to shoot the damn ball, but their FG% improved.

In the regular season only. That wasn't the case during the playoffs.

Quote:
Kareem joined a 19 win expansion franchise & made them an instant 50 plus win contender.
Bird joined the Celtics who had back to back 20 something win seasons & turned them into an instant 61 something win contender.
Russell Joined the Celtics(a barely .500) club & instantly won a title.

Bird had 1980 Coach of the Year Bill Fitch along with two former MVPs in Dave Cowens and Nate Archibald, plus Cedric Maxwell. Russell had Red Auerbach, MVP Bob Cousy and Rookie of the Year Tom Heinsohn. Those situations are not remotely the same.

Quote:
Big O abruptly retired from the Bucks in '74 after losing NBA Finals in 7 games & they missed the playoffs the next season.

Kareem also missed 17 games in 1975. Plus, they actually should have made the playoffs as the 7th or 8th seed based on their record.

Quote:
MAgic abruptly retired from the lakers in '91(after NBA Finals) & they dropped 15 games & lost 1st round despite a legitimate NBA player(Sedale Threatt)

James Worthy was also injured in 91, he only played 54 games that year.

Quote:
Bird went abruptly down in 89(back) & the Celtics dropped over 15 games & ECF's? to a 1st rd sweep without him(replaced by Reggie Lewis not a CBA journeyman)

They also only won three games less without him the year after he retired and lost in the first round, mainly because Lewis passed out in Game 1 and never recovered.

Quote:
Russell abruptly retired in '69 after winning the title & the Celtics proceeded not to make the playoffs the following season.

Same Jones retired, too.

Quote:
DROB turned the 20 something win Spurs into an instant 50 win contender.

Along with a new 20+ ppg scorer in Terry Cummings.

Quote:
D Rob abruptly went down & the Spurs fell to 20 wins despite bringing in a 20ppg Dominique Wilkins which allowed them to draft Tim Duncan since they were sodreadful without DROB.

Dominique and Sean Elliot also missed a combined 62 games. It wasn't just Robinson who missed alot of time.

Quote:
It goes on with other greats like Wilt as well.

You mean like when the 76ers won 55 games the year after he left despite replacing him with the stiff Darrell Imhoff and a 13/3/3 guard? Or how about when the Lakers won their division after he retired despite Jerry West only playing 31 games that year?

As for Jordan not having impact? The 2001-02 Wizards had a .500 record with a 38 year old MJ in their lineup despite only winning 19 games the previous year. They were 7-15 without him.
Alhazred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 10:07 PM   #495
Bigsmoke
Death Before Dishonor

Durant is A BEAST!!!!!!!!
Bigsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: