Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Portland Trail Blazers Forum

Portland Trail Blazers Forum Portland Trail Blazers forum - Portland Trail Blazers message board

Old 02-24-2010, 02:38 PM   #1
blazerjimmy
High School Starter

Default Fernandez - Unhappy In NBA/Portland

This is a concern!!!

Real Madrid wants to sign Rudy Fernandez following the current season. Fernandez is reportedly uncomfortable in Portland and would be amenable to a return.

Fernandez appeared open to the idea when interviewed by Eurosport.

"Right now, in this situation, I don't rule out anything," said Fernandez. "Because I just want to play. I don't mind where."

Fernandez spoke of the difference in not playing beside Sergio Rodriguez.

"Last year we had a different team and at least I had Sergio, who understood my game. I have noticed a change this year. I don't get the ball as much and the system is different."
blazerjimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 04:43 PM   #2
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Default Re: Fernandez - Unhappy In NBA/Portland

All the more reason why I thought of him as the most trade-able Blazer when looking at expendability + trade value. Btw, Rudy would get more playing time if he stopped playing like crap. He was much more productive last year. When you are on a deep team and play like crap, you lose your minutes to somebody else. Thats the way things work, Rudy.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 09:13 PM   #3
Kumo
ISH Jump Crew

Meh, he's not very good. I get frustrated with his sweeping hook passes that look like crap, and create a ton of turnovers. He also plays very jittery, looking uncomfortable when he gets the ball, unable to do anything unless he's wide open for a 3. I would rather him stay... but without Sergio disguising some of his weaknesses I don't care all that much.
Kumo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 09:46 PM   #4
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

And of course Rudy is responding to our criticism with one of his better games of the season thus far
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 03:42 AM   #5
BlazersDozen
NBA lottery pick

I love being right LoL

I remember saying that the Blazers needed to keep Sergio in Portland until Rudy became comfortable in the NBA and Portland...and they trade him and now Rudy wants out.
BlazersDozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 10:11 AM   #6
blazerjimmy
High School Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlazersDozen
I love being right LoL

I remember saying that the Blazers needed to keep Sergio in Portland until Rudy became comfortable in the NBA and Portland...and they trade him and now Rudy wants out.

I don't see how keeping an unhappy Rodriguez in Portland would have made Rudy any happier or more content.

Agree with Myth - this is a pretty deep team and Rudy's primary position (SG) is manned by an All-Star.
blazerjimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 12:38 AM   #7
BlazersDozen
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazerjimmy
I don't see how keeping an unhappy Rodriguez in Portland would have made Rudy any happier or more content.

Agree with Myth - this is a pretty deep team and Rudy's primary position (SG) is manned by an All-Star.

Because Sergio has been Rudy's friend for a long time and is one of the reasons that Rudy was so happy to come to Portland...if not the only reason besides the NBA salary.

Think of it this way...would you rather have a boring class in school with none of your friends or a boring class in school with your best friend?
BlazersDozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 08:31 AM   #8
GoldMedallist
Great young streetballer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlazersDozen
Because Sergio has been Rudy's friend for a long time and is one of the reasons that Rudy was so happy to come to Portland...if not the only reason besides the NBA salary.

Think of it this way...would you rather have a boring class in school with none of your friends or a boring class in school with your best friend?

NBA Salary? Man, rudy lost a lot of money by coming here. He could have signed like 6-7M$ a year in Europe signing with CSKA Moscow, but he wanted to play NBA.
GoldMedallist is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: