Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 02-26-2013, 07:01 PM   #1
tmacattack33
NBA rookie of the year

Default Is Miami playing how you envisioned when they came together in the summer of 2010??

Is the way Miami playing how you envisioned it when they came together in the summer of 2010??

I don't know about you, but I thought that...

1. Bosh would do a more offensively. He's almost turned into a spot up jump shooter.

2. I've also been surprised by the play and importance of their role players...like Shane Battier and Chalmers.

3. I also thought there might have been more problems with Wade and Lebron out there on the floor together with floor spacing. They've worked out ways to compliment each other to offset this...and Lebron's outside shot has improved.
tmacattack33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 07:39 PM   #2
Bandito
NBA Role Player

Default Re: Is Miami playing how you envisioned when they came together in the summer of 2010??

I think they would go undefeated to be honest
Wade and Bron are both top 5 players and Bosh is great player (like Gasol like). But Wade had to take a backseat in order to let the ball all the time because he can't play without it. And they barely pass the ball to Bosh so you can't really blame him. Bron is great so that's why they win so much. I don't think this team is playing like they could, but I don't think that will happen to be honest.
Bandito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 07:42 PM   #3
kennethgriffin
Banned

Default Re: Is Miami playing how you envisioned when they came together in the summer of 2010??

even though they made the finals and won a lockout season title. i still feel like they should have dominated much more than they have been

i was thinking along the lines of 70 win seasons
kennethgriffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 08:04 PM   #4
Lebron23
Most Valuable Player

Pacers will give them a hell of a fight in the post season. They are going to beat the top 8 teams in the West in a best of 7 series.
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 08:12 PM   #5
DuMa
Canned

1. Wade/Bron fastbreaks is the best basketball you can see today on the floor. Its just poetry in motion. I thought I would see a lot more of those than what has transpired already. But Wade's injuries have also been a factor missing games and trying to get back in rhythm. I can understand this

2. I was expecting Bosh to be more of a half-court monster. He used to kill guys in Toronto with his face up post game on the the elbow or baseline. Its been few and far between. He has become a lot softer but at the same time, his defense has tremendously improved. I didnt expect that.

3. I also expected a decent center for Miami to follow but They have yet to find that player. I'm starting to think they might never get that decent player for Wade and LBJ to throw lobs/passes to because theyre so lethal with the PnR game. If they keep winning chips without a decent big, theres no reason to fix what isnt broken.
DuMa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 08:14 PM   #6
DMV2
NBA Stats Watcher

I thought the #1a and #1b option thing would last more than one season. Also didn't think LeBron would developed a low-post game. Other than that, they're playing how I thought they would.

I don't remember who on ISH said this during the 2010-11 season but he said the only chance the Heat would have for at a championship is if LeBron becomes a low-post player. That happened in 2012 Finals. He posted that before LeBron had his training session with Hakeem.
DMV2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 08:15 PM   #7
Gotterdammerung
God-killer

This is what I wrote when they first started in 2010, from this link:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Götterdämmerung
Spolestra must develop a vastly different game plan than the one he had: an uptempo offense that actually unleashes the dobermans on his team. LeBron and wade are among the best finishers in the league, and moreover, they will pass to the open man. Plus Bosh is a quick slashing big man who gets to the line a lot. Thus, Spo needs to let them run, run, run, and run some more. At least three guys are thoroughbreds - run teams to the ground. Let Haslem and Miller trail for putbacks & open threes (respectively).

On defense, the Heat should emulate the 1991 Bulls, the quick trapping, pressure defense led by a 27 year old Jordan and 25 year olds Pippen & Grant. Bron n Wade n Bosh shouldn't worry about foul trouble because they're not the sole pointmakers of their team anymore. No "saving energy for offense" BS. Go full core for 35 minutes, if not 40 (to pace themselves).

Spo needs to take advantage of the talent at hand, and not overcoach like call plays every possession. Mediocre coaches who aren't secure w themselves or their team try to slow down the game and call every play, so by default the game is lower scoring and the coach can claim to have a good defensive team. If Spo isn't mediocre, and lets the team fly, and demands them to pressure, have bron crash the boards w haslem n bosh, instead of leaking out, then the Miami Heat will win 65 plus games, health willing.
Gotterdammerung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 08:15 PM   #8
Haymaker
College superstar

Shane Battier was a huge surprise. Who would've thought he would have more impact than Bosh in the playoffs.
Haymaker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 08:23 PM   #9
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

I wasn't sure what would happen to be honest. I wasn't sure they would win a title with that trio. After making the Finals in their first year, despite losing, I thought they would win at least 1 title.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 08:25 PM   #10
LikeABosh
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennethgriffin
even though they made the finals and won a lockout season title. i still feel like they should have dominated much more than they have been

i was thinking along the lines of 70 win seasons
I was thinking the Lakers could avoid the lottery when they signed 2 more hall of famers
LikeABosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 08:46 PM   #11
lilgodfather1
Wait and See

They are so much better than I thought they would be. I didn't think that Wade, and Bron could co-exist. We all knew that the talent was there, but now there is talent, chemistry, and complementing play. I didn't think Wade and LeBron would ever look like they do now, and honestly it's great that Wade has embraced his role to this extent.
lilgodfather1 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: