Scrap This Team
At this point, I'm not even sure you can call this a team. They look much more like a team when Ellis is on the bench. You see people passing, cutting and running to open spots. When Monta is in there, they just stand around because they know he probably won't pass the ball. Biedrins is also being a huge disappointment and is nothing more than being an overpaid player at this point. I'd scrap this team and put one together with Curry as the foundation. This kid is the real deal and his best games have come with Ellis hurt or on the bench. He averaged a triple double in two games that Ellis missed. Stephen Curry is the only true keeper on this team and everyone else can go.
1. The Warriors are in line to grab the #2 or the #3 pick. I'd do anything to grab Evan Turner. Turner is the most complete player in this draft and is a poor man's Lebron James in terms of what he brings to the floor. At 6'7, he can handle and pass the ball like a point. He rebounds like a PF and plays excellent defense. He would be the perfect backcourt mate to Curry since Turner can handle the ball a part of the time and leave Steph to run off picks to get open shots.
2. This may sound crazy, but I think it works out for the Warriors in the long run. The Kings will more than likely be picking right after the Warriors. They gave up Kevin Martin and will be looking for a guard to replace him. I'd offer Ellis for their lottery pick as an even trade. They'll be under the cap and would be able to absorb Monta's contract while handing them back a trade exception worth about $8M (think Richardson for Wright). Monta would be a great backcourt mate to Tyreke Evans. Evans is 6'5 and can handle and pass the ball like a point, but also able to guard 2 guards. The Warriors nab another early lottery pick to take Al Farouq Aminu. His value has risen. He's a terrific rebounder from the 3 spot and a good defender. He's a cross between Josh Smith and Luol Deng.
3. Several teams will be interested in Randolph. I'd trade Randolph for another lottery pick to take Cole Aldrich, who is a Chris Kaman type center. Has soft hands and a nice back to the basket game.
Off Season Trades:
1. I know Elton Brand isn't hot on anyone's list because of the season he is having in Philly, but the guy is still getting healthy. He's playing in a fast paced game in Philly and thus far, has held up nicely. Healthy, Brand is still a top PF in the league and is capable of 20,10 and 3 block nights. He gives the Warriors a scoring threat in the half court set which has killed them this season. The lack of a post scorer has made them jump shooters. Send Biedrins and Maggette to Philly for Brand. Dalembert will be in his last year of his contract so they'll be looking for a replacement center. We get rid of two bad contracts for a questionable one. If Brand gets back to 100%, then the Warriors would get a steal. They make to take a player like Willie Green to make the salaries work.
Off Season Signings:
1. Re-sign players like Morrow, Hunter, Bell and Azubuike.
2. Try to sign Drew Gooden and hopefully he gives them a hometown discount.
3. Try and sign Chris Duhon. A floor general that can play defense and pass the ball.
2010-11 Line up:
PG Curry - Duhon
SG Turner - Bell - Morrow
SF Aminu - Azubuike
PF Brand - Gooden - Wright
C Turiaf - Aldrich - Hunter