Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Golden State Warriors Forum

Golden State Warriors Forum Golden State Warriors message board - warriors fan forum

Old 02-24-2010, 04:31 PM   #1
BayAreaSportz
I hit open layups

Default Scrap This Team

At this point, I'm not even sure you can call this a team. They look much more like a team when Ellis is on the bench. You see people passing, cutting and running to open spots. When Monta is in there, they just stand around because they know he probably won't pass the ball. Biedrins is also being a huge disappointment and is nothing more than being an overpaid player at this point. I'd scrap this team and put one together with Curry as the foundation. This kid is the real deal and his best games have come with Ellis hurt or on the bench. He averaged a triple double in two games that Ellis missed. Stephen Curry is the only true keeper on this team and everyone else can go.

Draft Day:

1. The Warriors are in line to grab the #2 or the #3 pick. I'd do anything to grab Evan Turner. Turner is the most complete player in this draft and is a poor man's Lebron James in terms of what he brings to the floor. At 6'7, he can handle and pass the ball like a point. He rebounds like a PF and plays excellent defense. He would be the perfect backcourt mate to Curry since Turner can handle the ball a part of the time and leave Steph to run off picks to get open shots.

2. This may sound crazy, but I think it works out for the Warriors in the long run. The Kings will more than likely be picking right after the Warriors. They gave up Kevin Martin and will be looking for a guard to replace him. I'd offer Ellis for their lottery pick as an even trade. They'll be under the cap and would be able to absorb Monta's contract while handing them back a trade exception worth about $8M (think Richardson for Wright). Monta would be a great backcourt mate to Tyreke Evans. Evans is 6'5 and can handle and pass the ball like a point, but also able to guard 2 guards. The Warriors nab another early lottery pick to take Al Farouq Aminu. His value has risen. He's a terrific rebounder from the 3 spot and a good defender. He's a cross between Josh Smith and Luol Deng.

3. Several teams will be interested in Randolph. I'd trade Randolph for another lottery pick to take Cole Aldrich, who is a Chris Kaman type center. Has soft hands and a nice back to the basket game.

Off Season Trades:

1. I know Elton Brand isn't hot on anyone's list because of the season he is having in Philly, but the guy is still getting healthy. He's playing in a fast paced game in Philly and thus far, has held up nicely. Healthy, Brand is still a top PF in the league and is capable of 20,10 and 3 block nights. He gives the Warriors a scoring threat in the half court set which has killed them this season. The lack of a post scorer has made them jump shooters. Send Biedrins and Maggette to Philly for Brand. Dalembert will be in his last year of his contract so they'll be looking for a replacement center. We get rid of two bad contracts for a questionable one. If Brand gets back to 100%, then the Warriors would get a steal. They make to take a player like Willie Green to make the salaries work.

Off Season Signings:

1. Re-sign players like Morrow, Hunter, Bell and Azubuike.

2. Try to sign Drew Gooden and hopefully he gives them a hometown discount.

3. Try and sign Chris Duhon. A floor general that can play defense and pass the ball.

2010-11 Line up:

PG Curry - Duhon
SG Turner - Bell - Morrow
SF Aminu - Azubuike
PF Brand - Gooden - Wright
C Turiaf - Aldrich - Hunter
BayAreaSportz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 12:05 AM   #2
Bandito
NBA Role Player

Default Re: Scrap This Team

I like your offseason trades a lot. It helps the Sixers if Biedrins stop sucking all of a sudden and Maggette is a pretty good player when he's not on the injury list. For the Warriors it works only if Brand comes back to be a 20 10 type of player he was in his clips days. It is a risky debt but one I would take if I was a Gm.
Bandito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 04:22 PM   #3
BeeClips
I airball my layups

I bet nothing productive will happen this offseason.

How many games more does Nellie need? I bet he won't reach that until next year too...
BeeClips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 01:11 AM   #4
enayes
Teacher & Son

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeClips
I bet nothing productive will happen this offseason.

How many games more does Nellie need? I bet he won't reach that until next year too...

Nellie needs 7 more, GS would need to go 7-12 to end the season.
enayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 06:36 PM   #5
HOV
Can barely lace up my sneakers

You should get shot for wanting to trade for Brand. Why should we inherit his god awful contract when we already have Randolph who's gonna put up similar numbers anyway? The key to success for this franchise is building around Curry and staying young. Brand is washed up and he has the worst contract in basketball. We should try trading Biedrins and Ellis for expiring contracts and just let Randolph develop his game at PF.
HOV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 06:30 AM   #6
Iceman778
Can barely lace up my sneakers

yes i think they complete this very soon
Iceman778 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: