Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum

D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum D-League Forum, Minor League and world international basketball forum

Old 03-02-2010, 07:53 AM   #16
la bomba
Local High School Star

la bomba has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: panathinaikos out!

PAO are favourites for sure, but it might be closer than you think. OAKA has proved not to be a fortress of late. partizan and barcelona won there and you could argue Maroussi did too.I am going to say despite, agreeing with you that PAO are favourites, that Olympiakos will win.
la bomba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 11:14 AM   #17
Grinder

Grinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakas Fan Yo
PAO beat Olympiacos so they clinch home court advantage. No way will Olympiacos win the Greek Championship. That is just some fantasy of Gridner's.
Cups and Euroleague are different because they are mainly a series of 1 game playoffs (except the one round of Euroleague), but a league finals is a 5 game playoff.

Olympiacos isn't as good as PAO and they can't beat them on the road in a 5 game playoff.

lmao....not mentioning the fact that Bourousis and Kleiza didn't play and they needed a monster night from Diamantidis and Nicholas and still won by only 8 at home.

Don't count on 27 point outbursts from Nicholas or another 26/11/7 game from DD.
Grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 03:40 PM   #18
la bomba
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinder
lmao....not mentioning the fact that Bourousis and Kleiza didn't play and they needed a monster night from Diamantidis and Nicholas and still won by only 8 at home.

Don't count on 27 point outbursts from Nicholas or another 26/11/7 game from DD.
lakas surely wont count on it because he thinks diamantidis is overrated.
but to be fair Spanoulis might or Pekovic or Batiste, my point that they dont need a great effort from one particular player, they have plenty.
i am totally neutral , for fun and because I have a gut feeling I am going with Olympiakos.
Old 03-03-2010, 04:18 AM   #19
Lakas Fan Yo
Banned

Lakas Fan Yo has a very bad reputationLakas Fan Yo has a very bad reputationLakas Fan Yo has a very bad reputationLakas Fan Yo has a very bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinder

Keliza plays NO DEFENSE. He never guards even one single possession. Whatever he scores, he gives up almost the same on defense. The great thing about him is his rebounding but there were no rebounds to have in that game so it really meant nothing all that much that he did not play.

Sure they need Bourousis but not in that game. Schortsanitis had his best game of the season and totally dominated Pekovic and Batiste, and Bourousis tends to have problems guarding them because he fouls too much.

As for Diamantidis and Nicholas sure they won't play like that again but so what? Olympiacos can't beat them at OAKA. There was officially recorded by the Greek League 20,000 attendance at the game. And that is what they will face in the playoffs.

You don't seem to be able to separate NBA from European basketball. It's not like the NBA where good teams cruise until May. You have to be healthy as early as now with cup games and Euroleague or you get eliminated and you don't get to play a playoff series, where regardless the best team wins.

But in the Greek League you get all the way to June to get ready and you play a 5 game series. And in that case one team team will win in a 50/50 match up if they have home court advantage. This is not a 50/50 cup final on a neutral court or a series of 1 game playoffs like the Euroleague (where what condition teams are in early in the season decides most of the outcomes).................

The league championship is a marathon just like an NBA season and you don't seem to be able to grasp that. No one in Europe would beat PAO on the road in a 5 game series. Not CSKA, Barca, Olympiacos, Real Madrid nor anyone else.

You also can't grasp (because you clearly do NOT watch European basketball despite your claims) that by PAO losing in the Eurolleague top 16 they now basically guarantee they will win the league title.

Olympiacos will be at the Euroleague final four almost to a 100% certainty. PAO will only play once a week from now on and has an easy remaining schedule. They will also have an easier second round of the playoffs probably as Olympiacos will get Maroussi, which could easily be a 5 game series. Maroussi for example took Olympiacos to 5 games just 2 seasons ago and it took a miracle comeback in game 5 at the very end for Olympiacos to escape that series.

Even in ACB with Barca being better than Real (not 50/50 like PAO-Oly) if Real did not have to play past Euroleague top 16 and then had home court in the playoffs - they would be the favorites and most likely to beat Barca, even a team that is better than them.

Start actually learning about European basketball since you talk so much crap about it.

Last edited by Lakas Fan Yo : 03-03-2010 at 04:25 AM.
Lakas Fan Yo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 02:56 PM   #20
la bomba
Local High School Star

I agree with you that panathinaikos has the advantage of only playing for the league. i dont agree that Madrid would be favourites if they were in the same situation.
Anyway nothing is impossible in basketball. stop being so certain about things. you were certain that PAO would not go out, you were adamant that barca would not win at oaka, you were almost convincing that maroussi had a 50/50 chance against barca! barca just wiped the floor of oaka with them. Trias played lots of minutes and even Barton showed up for his 1st game after over a year . In basketball anything can happen we have to be open to those possibilities.
Old 03-03-2010, 03:04 PM   #21
Hyman
Serious playground baller

Hyman has decent reputation

Olympiakos playing 100% the euroleague final is one of the dumbest commentaries I've heard of Lakas, and he has said a few

Madrid, CSKA or Barça are at least at the same level as Olympiakos

Notwithstanding that teams like Baskonia, Siena or Maccabi can perfectly beat them on a good day

I would give Olympiakos as much as a 30-35% chance of playing EL final. Which is a lot
Hyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 08:43 PM   #22
Lakas Fan Yo
Banned

Lakas Fan Yo has a very bad reputationLakas Fan Yo has a very bad reputationLakas Fan Yo has a very bad reputationLakas Fan Yo has a very bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman
Olympiakos playing 100% the euroleague final is one of the dumbest commentaries I've heard of Lakas, and he has said a few

Madrid, CSKA or Barça are at least at the same level as Olympiakos

Notwithstanding that teams like Baskonia, Siena or Maccabi can perfectly beat them on a good day

I would give Olympiakos as much as a 30-35% chance of playing EL final. Which is a lot

Final four. You can't even read.

Last edited by Lakas Fan Yo : 03-03-2010 at 08:45 PM.
Old 03-03-2010, 08:45 PM   #23
Lakas Fan Yo
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by la bomba
I agree with you that panathinaikos has the advantage of only playing for the league. i dont agree that Madrid would be favourites if they were in the same situation.
Anyway nothing is impossible in basketball. stop being so certain about things. you were certain that PAO would not go out, you were adamant that barca would not win at oaka, you were almost convincing that maroussi had a 50/50 chance against barca! barca just wiped the floor of oaka with them. Trias played lots of minutes and even Barton showed up for his 1st game after over a year . In basketball anything can happen we have to be open to those possibilities.

Stop twisting what i say. 50/50 for Maroussi? I will give you one last chance to stop lying about what I say and stop twisting my words before I completely quit responding to you.
Old 03-04-2010, 06:41 AM   #24
la bomba
Local High School Star

Quote:
Hard for PAO to beat Partizan at Pionir. However, Maroussi can easily beat Barca at OAKA. It's probably 50/50 but Maroussi can definitely beat them.

Obradovic never wants to beat Partizan for obvious reasons. However despite that he always tries to tank those games no way in hell will he want an 0-6 finish. They will have to get 1 win or he will definitely be fired by the club's new owner.
your words. you have amnesia?
dont call me a liar. I have not given you grounds to do so.
Old 03-04-2010, 05:52 PM   #25
Lakas Fan Yo
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by la bomba
your words. you have amnesia?
dont call me a liar. I have not given you grounds to do so.

You twist and manipulate what I write. I did not say 50/50 chance that Maroussi would win the game. Either you can't read or you twist and manipulate the words of others. Clearly from the history of your posts it it appears to be the latter.

Anyway, we will see if PAO allows Maroussi through, but based on Obradovic's comments after the game he wants his home club Partizan through.

Hey Grinder, you said Walter Herrmann would be a superstar in Euroleague and start on any Euroleague team for sure. You also said Patrick Beverly would be the starting point guard of Olympiacos this season....
Old 03-05-2010, 06:33 PM   #26
la bomba
Local High School Star

Quote:
You twist and manipulate what I write. I did not say 50/50 chance that Maroussi would win the game. Either you can't read or you twist and manipulate the words of others. Clearly from the history of your posts it it appears to be the latter.

Anyway, we will see if PAO allows Maroussi through, but based on Obradovic's comments after the game he wants his home club Partizan through.

Hey Grinder, you said Walter Herrmann would be a superstar in Euroleague and start on any Euroleague team for sure. You also said Patrick Beverly would be the starting point guard of Olympiacos this season....
I really dont know how i have twisted those words,dont bother replying , I am done with it. I think your quote cant be manipulated its far to clear.
Old 03-07-2010, 03:17 PM   #27
LJJ
Extra Cheese

LJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

You got twisted and manipulated on son! You better recognize and bow down!
LJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: