Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Cleveland Cavaliers Forum

Cleveland Cavaliers Forum Cleveland cavaliers message board - cleveland cavaliers fan forum

Old 12-06-2009, 02:33 AM   #1
Go Getter
Wild 100's

Default I'm not being a troll I just want an honest opinion.

I am a Bulls fan.

However, I went to Ohio State [Buckeye thru and thru] and have followed the Cav's for a minute.

I love Lebron James' game and think he's awesome on the court without question.

With that said were you guys as fans a little embarrassed by his dancing DURING the game?

I like that the team is close and has fun before or after the game but taunting the other team during the game with that dance seemed a bit off putting.

Again, I don't think that a person should be judged on one incident, and I love Lebron James' game, and I hope you guys have a great season.
Go Getter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 08:12 AM   #2
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan 1997

Default Re: I'm not being a troll I just want an honest opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Getter
I am a Bulls fan.

However, I went to Ohio State [Buckeye thru and thru] and have followed the Cav's for a minute.

I love Lebron James' game and think he's awesome on the court without question.

With that said were you guys as fans a little embarrassed by his dancing DURING the game?

I like that the team is close and has fun before or after the game but taunting the other team during the game with that dance seemed a bit off putting.

Again, I don't think that a person should be judged on one incident, and I love Lebron James' game, and I hope you guys have a great season.

No, I wasn't embarrassed. All it is, is a game when it's all said and done. A lot of things in professional sports are taken way too seriously. Because some people have too much pride, some people have too much ego, etc. In the end, they're a bunch of a grown men playing a kids game and yet people expect them to act like men? That's never the case in sports. When you thump your chest on a big dunk, or throw a fist towards a face because you're pissed off, or kick the ball in the stands. This isn't mentioned with the same tone. But, if a man dances, having fun playing a kids game, he's apparently crucified for it? Whatever. I wish all NBA teams did this.

For once, it would make for more entertainment. And two, people need to be more loose about things like this. Enjoy the damn game. Don't be pissed off because you're team is being outplayed.
Meticode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 01:54 PM   #3
Go Getter
Wild 100's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meticode
No, I wasn't embarrassed. All it is, is a game when it's all said and done. A lot of things in professional sports are taken way too seriously. Because some people have too much pride, some people have too much ego, etc. In the end, they're a bunch of a grown men playing a kids game and yet people expect them to act like men? That's never the case in sports. When you thump your chest on a big dunk, or throw a fist towards a face because you're pissed off, or kick the ball in the stands. This isn't mentioned with the same tone. But, if a man dances, having fun playing a kids game, he's apparently crucified for it? Whatever. I wish all NBA teams did this.

For once, it would make for more entertainment. And two, people need to be more loose about things like this. Enjoy the damn game. Don't be pissed off because you're team is being outplayed.

I played ball from 6th grade all the way through college where I gave up my hoop dreams....I have NEVER seen a coach or player do anything like he did that game.

I do expect grown men to act like grown men...

I was at the game when Raja Bell punted a ball into the stands he got ejected. I don't have any problem with screaming after a good play, doing rehearsed dances and skits BEFORE the game, and a little trash talk.

Hey my team got outplayed by a better team. It doesn't make me mad.....but Lebron's antics were bush league. I coach kids in basketball and I've never seen sportsmanship like that from my 4-6 grade group....not hating I'm being honest.

I know having fun is important but is it more important than sportsmanship?

I know the league needs fun-loving guys like Howard and Lebron and everyone is not a Gasol or Duncan but you have to have a tleast a modicum of professionalism.
Old 12-06-2009, 04:30 PM   #4
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan 1997

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Getter
I played ball from 6th grade all the way through college where I gave up my hoop dreams....I have NEVER seen a coach or player do anything like he did that game.

I do expect grown men to act like grown men...

I was at the game when Raja Bell punted a ball into the stands he got ejected. I don't have any problem with screaming after a good play, doing rehearsed dances and skits BEFORE the game, and a little trash talk.

Hey my team got outplayed by a better team. It doesn't make me mad.....but Lebron's antics were bush league. I coach kids in basketball and I've never seen sportsmanship like that from my 4-6 grade group....not hating I'm being honest.

I know having fun is important but is it more important than sportsmanship?

I know the league needs fun-loving guys like Howard and Lebron and everyone is not a Gasol or Duncan but you have to have a tleast a modicum of professionalism.

You don't see kids doing it because grownups plant it in their head it's a bad thing to do and it's punishable. It's not like they're going over to the opposing bench dancing in front of them purposely taunting them. There's nothing wrong with what he did. People need to stiffen up their upper lip and stop whining.
Meticode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 07:00 PM   #5
Go Getter
Wild 100's

Quote:
You don't see kids doing it because grownups plant it in their head it's a bad thing to do and it's punishable. It's not like they're going over to the opposing bench dancing in front of them purposely taunting them. There's nothing wrong with what he did. People need to stiffen up their upper lip and stop whining.

Lol I'm not whining I'm asking a question...if you don't think it's an issue that's your opinion and I respect it...but imo Lebron is a whiny crybaby.

You don't want to do interviews when you lose a big game but you want to dance and be smug after you win a meaningless game.

The reason why Bron is so jaded and arrogant is ppl like you making excuses for him when he acts immature like this. There is something wrong with dancing while your teammates are playing a game...they watch you you sit down and watch them.

There is something wrong with showboating like that when you aren't in the game....it's bush league and not what pros do.

During the bucks cavs game today the announcers were commenting on Lebron immaturity today...seems like he's rubbing alot of people the wrong way.

We all know he's the biggest baddest guy in the league no need to attention whore and/or rub it in.
Old 12-06-2009, 07:02 PM   #6
Go Getter
Wild 100's

Quote:

I teach respect for your opponents....save the dancing for after the game...I coached basketball in the ghetto in Chicago and we didn't have to teach our kids that they already knew....go figure.
Old 12-07-2009, 12:06 AM   #7
Tool
Ball til I fall

Lebron dances during a game so now hes immature

Dude is probably younger than you and more mature than you. Now your questioning him because of a little dance he did because his team was blowing out a team that couldn't even bother to show up and play that night.

Give me a break, the NBA is Lebron's league and he shouldn't be questioned about his antics. He should be encouraged and if its offending anyone turn off the f'ing tv because no one is forcing you to watch Cavs games, Lebron or the NBA for that matter.

You can have your opinion and I respect that, your blowing this way up its not in any case a big deal. Noah and you are probably the only two that don't like Lebron's dancing or your both just jealous. Dude has the right to show emotions in game and thats exactly he was feeling.

I'll take a stab at it but I'm guessing your not as fun-loving, easy going as Lebron common man why are you questioning something so small. You've never felt like just dancing so what if it was during a game. Maybe if the team was inclined to show up and play Lebron would have acted more seriously. You don't see Lebron as happy during Magic/Cavs games do you? No hes serious as hell cause hes focused.
Tool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 01:30 AM   #8
Go Getter
Wild 100's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tool

Dude is probably younger than you and more mature than you. Now your questioning him because of a little dance he did because his team was blowing out a team that couldn't even bother to show up and play that night.

Give me a break, the NBA is Lebron's league and he shouldn't be questioned about his antics. He should be encouraged and if its offending anyone turn off the f'ing tv because no one is forcing you to watch Cavs games, Lebron or the NBA for that matter.

You can have your opinion and I respect that, your blowing this way up its not in any case a big deal. Noah and you are probably the only two that don't like Lebron's dancing or your both just jealous. Dude has the right to show emotions in game and thats exactly he was feeling.

I'll take a stab at it but I'm guessing your not as fun-loving, easy going as Lebron common man why are you questioning something so small. You've never felt like just dancing so what if it was during a game. Maybe if the team was inclined to show up and play Lebron would have acted more seriously. You don't see Lebron as happy during Magic/Cavs games do you? No hes serious as hell cause hes focused.

Yo man you can insult me all you want but NEVER EVER EEEEVER question my dance moves!

I'm a goofy fun loving guy. I just let my son tie a towel around my neck and played super heroes with him.

Lebron's league?

He hasn't won spit yet man!

And as far as me and Noah being the only two put off by James you must not have read the three threads directed towards his stark immaturity.

I still respect his game and think he's the best in the NBA right now but he has a lot of growing up to do.

Last edited by Go Getter : 12-08-2009 at 02:54 AM.
Old 12-07-2009, 10:41 PM   #9
magicmanfan
Local High School Star

LeBron's dancing is arrogant BS. With Shaq guarding his back, he's
back to his arrogant Hummer driving highschool days. He's dancing
after missed shots!!! Immature crap IMO. I love Yoakim for calling him
on it!!!
magicmanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 04:53 AM   #10
Go Getter
Wild 100's

P.S. I can understand as true and loyal fans that you wouldn't talk bad about your guy(s) especially to outsiders
Old 12-09-2009, 07:57 AM   #11
Lebron23
Most Valuable Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tool

Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 05:13 PM   #12
Dengness9
Homecourt: Hell

Hey this is me being a troll.... When Lebron is dancing on the end of another teams bench next season, after the Cavs fail to win a title in the 09-10 season, ull be screaming immaturity while the Cavs r back to 20-30 win seasons and continue to be title-less just like the rest of Cleveland Sports.
Dengness9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 12:16 AM   #13
Grey Dawn
KG cancer to the NBA

LeBron is sore winner & sore loser.

He seemed humble enough given his immediate stardom for a while, but like Garnett, has turned into a total imbecile with the heightened stardom.

Sore winner = dancing around on court when winning by a bunch.

Sore loser = running off the court on a playoff series loss to go cry in the dressing room, disrespecting players on both teams.

Textbook case unfortunately.
Grey Dawn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 01:39 PM   #14
Keepin it REAL
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey Dawn
LeBron is sore winner & sore loser.

He seemed humble enough given his immediate stardom for a while, but like Garnett, has turned into a total imbecile with the heightened stardom.

Sore winner = dancing around on court when winning by a bunch.

Sore loser = running off the court on a playoff series loss to go cry in the dressing room, disrespecting players on both teams.

Textbook case unfortunately.

That is EXACTLY what I was going to say. I think he is an embarassment to the game in that way. Make me wonder what classless speech he would give for the HOF......might make Jordan's look like Obama in comparison......lol.

Shaq has a lot of fun on the court.....but does it with class, he should learn from him.
Keepin it REAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 09:39 PM   #15
bmshue51
Can barely lace up my sneakers

I dont understand why anyone thinks LeBrons during game dancing is disrespectful to the opposing team... when your teams doing good your supposed to have fun! It just helps build chemistry between him and the rest of the cavs team when they joke around and do that stuff.
bmshue51 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: