Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Fantasy Basketball Forum

Fantasy Basketball Forum Fantasy basketball message board - fantasy basketball forum

Old 11-05-2006, 07:07 PM   #1
echocentric42
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Default Good or bad? KG & artest for harrington villanueva gay diaw hinrich

I made this trade KG & artest for harrington villanueva gay diaw hinrich in an 8team fantasy point league. my team was lacking depth, i had a bunch of scrubs and a few stars, so i made this swap.

good or bad?

my team before: (12 start)
bibby
jcrawford
jterry
kg
odom
kenny thomas
amare stoudemire
yao
artest
derek fisher
caron butler
claxton
kurt thomas
eddie jones
pj brown
nocioni
gasol
bobby simmons

my team after: (12 start, i dropped kenny thomas for curry) (dropped jones, brown and simmons)

bibby
jcrawford
jterry
harrington
odom
eddie curry
amare stoudemire
yao
villanueva
derek fisher
caron butler
claxton
kurt thomas
diaw
hinrich
nocioni
gasol
gay

im keeping gasol as a risk/reward package, but if i see a really nice FA i may drop him
echocentric42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006, 08:29 PM   #2
RidonKs
NBA Legend

That's a terrific trade for you on paper. You could probably say Artest is worth CV and Gay, or a combination like that. And KG definately isn't worth Hinrich, Harrington, AND Diaw. The other GM must be a complete moron. That's just crazy. And it's good for you because you get to drop a few guys who wouldn't do anything anyways. Guys like Fisher, Simmons, and Brown are definately drop-worthy in such a small league. Now your worst player is probably Eddie Jones, which is definately a good sign.
RidonKs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006, 09:33 PM   #3
bigboi_baller
NBA rookie of the year

You made a wise choice. How did you start out with such a weak roster in an 8 team league anyway? Weak draft?
bigboi_baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006, 10:09 PM   #4
echocentric42
Can barely lace up my sneakers

well i was auto drafted, so my team is a little weak, (stoudemire went at #18 damnit) but its funny because everybody in my league thinks i got the short end of the deal.

btw, i dropped jones when i made the deal, and i just dropped fisher for may, was that a good idea?

also, should i trade gasol for morrison? i have great depth so gasol may be a nice risk/reward, but i usually don't fill all of my slots, so morrison could mean a lot more points overall.
echocentric42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006, 10:33 PM   #5
RidonKs
NBA Legend

Haha, I did the exact same thing in one of my leagues. I slept in and didn't get to the draft until my first five picks were taken. I got Garnett, AMARE, Kidd, Jamison, Rasheed. Not exactly a killer top five. I ended up doing much better with the later picks, but STAT in the second round especially killed me.
Old 11-05-2006, 10:38 PM   #6
RidonKs
NBA Legend

Pau should be back within the next month or two. I wouldn't do it. Even if he's not 100%, he's still an almost guarenteed 15/8, and almost definately more. If you drop Pau, he'll be snatched up right away for sure. Keep him.

And May has been doing very well, but keep in mind that Brezec is coming back within the next week or two, and that could eat at Sean's minutes. So it's questionable. But he's definately better than Fisher (injured anyways), so not bad. He's getting about 13/8 right now, which is really solid for a guy drafted consistently so low (or not drafted at all).
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: