Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Streetball Forum

Streetball Forum Streetball Message Board - street basketball and streetball forum

Old 03-01-2010, 05:03 AM   #1
ILLsmak
Life goes on.

Default Which is more embarrassing?

Getting your shot blocked or getting dropped?

I think anybody who has played perimeter defense and actually tried has been dropped a few times (stop lying if you say you've never been), and it's inevitable to even the most creative shooter to get your shot blocked.

To me, I'd MUCH rather get my shot blocked because at least I don't have to get off the floor.

-Smak
ILLsmak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 05:30 AM   #2
LebronairJAMES
troll hunter

Default Re: Which is more embarrassing?

getting dropped would be the worst feeling prob worse then getting dunked on
LebronairJAMES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 09:57 AM   #3
devin34harris
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Getting dropped is the worst thing that could happen to you in basketball. Think about everybody watching and laughing at you.
devin34harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 10:13 AM   #4
HylianNightmare
Moe Harkless Bandwagon

all that shit's overrated

if you are anywhere near a decent player that gets after the ball, gets back on defense you are going go get crossed, dropped, blown by and dunked on

and unless you are the greatest basketball player ever you are going to get blocked, lebrons gets blocked, wade does, Jordan did.

i've played long enough to just shrug that stupid stuff off and keep playing
HylianNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 11:46 AM   #5
Bandito
NBA Role Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by HylianNightmare
all that shit's overrated

if you are anywhere near a decent player that gets after the ball, gets back on defense you are going go get crossed, dropped, blown by and dunked on

and unless you are the greatest basketball player ever you are going to get blocked, lebrons gets blocked, wade does, Jordan did.

i've played long enough to just shrug that stupid stuff off and keep playing
+1
Bandito is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 02:26 PM   #6
1manfastbreak
B A Y A R E A , C A

i was at open gym at my old high school yesterday. it was probably the 3rd or 4th game, i called up my buddy from my college and told him to come play.

They made me guard him because i was the only one who kept up with him, he like 5'10" tops and im about 6'5", hes just a shooter, quick little shit. anyways the whole game was pretty sloppy, just running up and down. he got the ball round the ft line on a fast break and he always does this gay little dribble behind the back pull up. i knew it was commin but when he did it i went to stop and my leg just gave out, fell right to the floor. luckily he missed the jumper. couple dudes said ohhh but no one really saw it. ill admit he got me, never thought he would but he did.

i was so pissed, i got up got the rebound and came down and took his little ass right to the rack. took me about 10 min to get over it, its all in the game, when it comes down to it none of that shit really matters.
1manfastbreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 02:45 PM   #7
Automajic23
Playground Legend

i get dropped, blown by, crossed, shot on with hand in their face. up and underred, at least 2 times a night when I play.

But I run for 5-6 games straight with my friends, we usually don't lose our sport on the court.

I gamble on D. I hedge screens hard and go for the steal. I contest the jumpshot, and if they have a good fake, they might get me. It's going to happen to anyone that tries hard enough. But I'll still punch peoples sh!t 2-3 times a night too. I'll get 3-4 steals and I'll initiate a ton of fast breaks, sometimes being the finisher.

It happens to everyone, no one is perfect.

Wait, does getting dropped mean ankles broke? o_0 cuz I may get crossed once in a while but I do not let myself fall on my @$$!
Automajic23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 05:51 PM   #8
Rake2204
7-time NBA All-Star

I think there's some truth to Auto's "it's going to happen to anyone who tried hard enough". I've found that the lazier people play defense, the less likely they'll get crossed to the floor. It's often a result of someone trying to lock down extra tight, tighter than usual, and trying to switch their feet about quicker than they're used to.

I agree, I think it's a fad and kind of ridiculous that it's such a huge deal to do that to someone. I mean, I think it must mean the player made a nice move, but the way others respond with the hooting and hollering and whatnot, it seems a little overblown.

And I know that kind of makes it look like I'm a bitter fellow who's be crossed to the ground a time or two but somehow, it hasn't actually happened to me yet. I'm sure at some point though. My extra least favorite fad was that brief moment where anytime I saw someone get crossed over in a highlight clip, instead of the handler shooting the ball, he'd throw it into the stands. I love fun plays, but I could not wrap my head around that one.
Rake2204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 07:07 PM   #9
Swaggin916
Enter the Dragic

Well getting dropped would be the most embarrassing... but considering I've never been dropped (Been crossed like a mofo plenty of times but never dropped), the most embarrassing thing to me is getting picked at the top of the key because it most likely is an easy score at the other end.

Getting your shot blocked is not that embarrassing to me... but I rarely get my shot blocked... in fact I almost never have my shot blocked. I'm not a moron and take into traffic against bigs throwin up some dumb shots that can get blocked... I put my body into people so they can't block it (or stretch out/shoot quickly) and I have a good sense of how high I need to put it to get it over people. To me tho, getting the ball stolen or blocked, but not having lead to a fast break/easy points is not embarrassing... frustrating yes, but you can get back on D and prevent points off that turnover.

Being dropped is just sorry though... Tho I think half the time it's just cus people are tired and like dude said above legs just give out. You know it's bad though when people just tripping over themselves... that's when there is absolutely no excuse lol.

Last edited by Swaggin916 : 03-01-2010 at 07:15 PM.
Swaggin916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 07:31 PM   #10
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

I've been 'dropped', and dunked on, and blocked... and it doesn't bother me one bit.

I pride myself on defense, and odds are I'm going to get you back sooner or later.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 07:42 PM   #11
Kumo
ISH Jump Crew

Getting blocked and falling on your ass would be the worst I can think of.
Kumo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 08:17 PM   #12
halffttime
shorty doowop

i've dropped myself a couple times before because i always play with improper footwear. i'd be slowly dribbling the ball around the perimeter with my head up, then boom! out of nowhere i roll on my ankles and flop on the floor. it's all good..
halffttime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 09:48 PM   #13
plowking
well DENG

Never been dropped, though have been completely frozen by a quick crossover.
plowking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 10:31 PM   #14
OnceInADECADE
Banned

To Me It Is Getting Dropped It Has To Be When U Get Blocked It Is Good D But Worse Is Getting Dunked On Just Look At How Bad Damon Jones Career Went After Getting Baptised By Lbj
OnceInADECADE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 01:43 AM   #15
RaininTwos
Betrayed

halffttime and once in a decade are funny.

while people say making someone fall and getting blocked is overrated, its not that way for everyone. some people let their game fall apart afterwards so its not overrated. you can break a team's back a nasty cross en route to a score.
RaininTwos is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: