Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Streetball Forum

Streetball Forum Streetball Message Board - street basketball and streetball forum

Old 03-02-2010, 05:21 AM   #16
Birmingham1955
High school junior varsity star

Default Re: Which is more embarrassing?

never been dropped, but that is easily the worst especially if the guy hits the jumper.
Birmingham1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 10:51 PM   #17
Lancerballer21
Serious playground baller

This isnt necessarily embarrassing but it really sucks when you get dotted, i mean you do almost everything possible to stop this guys shot and he still drains it on you.

Back to the original question, i would say getting dropped is more embarrassing because blocks happen enough to be an official stat, but getting dropped is very rare, so when it happens more people cheer for the dropper and boo/mock the droppie.
Lancerballer21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 11:34 PM   #18
Swaggin916
Enter the Dragic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancerballer21
This isnt necessarily embarrassing but it really sucks when you get dotted, i mean you do almost everything possible to stop this guys shot and he still drains it on you.

Back to the original question, i would say getting dropped is more embarrassing because blocks happen enough to be an official stat, but getting dropped is very rare, so when it happens more people cheer for the dropper and boo/mock the droppie.

Yea I don't know usually if you have somewhere you play... you know who the guys are that can dot so it's not that bad if they dot you. Otherwise... it's just luck. I've had a few people do that to me who I know are not capable of that sort of thing and if it happens I just chalk it up as the only time they are doing it
Swaggin916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 02:24 PM   #19
theydidntnameme
Can barely lace up my sneakers

i dont think gettin dottd is a bad thing, that still means u played good D.

the worst to me is when someone crosses over and steps on your foot, you lose your balance and everyone thinks you got your ankles broken...
theydidntnameme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 09:48 PM   #20
Lancerballer21

Quote:
Originally Posted by theydidntnameme
i dont think gettin dottd is a bad thing, that still means u played good D.

I didn't mean that it was a bad thing i just meant that it was kind of demoralizing cause u can did ur best and the guy still scored on you
Old 03-05-2010, 12:56 AM   #21
Shoo

No way...

If you get crossed up, that means you're actually playing aggressive defense. You can't break your knees without trying to guard someone. Even Michael Jordan got crossed over by Allen Iverson.

Getting blocked is more embarassing because that means you took a dumbass shot.
Shoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 02:30 AM   #22
Swaggin916
Enter the Dragic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoo
No way...

If you get crossed up, that means you're actually playing aggressive defense. You can't break your knees without trying to guard someone. Even Michael Jordan got crossed over by Allen Iverson.

Getting blocked is more embarassing because that means you took a dumbass shot.

Well that's more getting your shit stuffed... sometimes people just have really good timing and it's a good block. Other times you just got owned
Old 03-07-2010, 12:33 AM   #23
Swaggin916
Enter the Dragic

In a previous post on here I said I rarely ever get blocked.

Today I got blocked twice but I wasn't embarrassed. Getting blocked just isn't that big a deal to me I guess.
Old 03-07-2010, 12:39 AM   #24
phoenix18
4/27/91-7/23/09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggin916
In a previous post on here I said I rarely ever get blocked.

Today I got blocked twice but I wasn't embarrassed. Getting blocked just isn't that big a deal to me I guess.

Getting crossed has way more of an effect on me than getting blocked. I'm short, I am used to getting blocked. Getting dropped means another human being made me lose control of my own body without touching me. Not good for the psyche.
phoenix18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 11:47 AM   #25
Lancerballer21

My middle school coach told us that he loved getting blocked when he was younger, for two reasons.

1st: Most of the time when he got blocked the ball came right back to him so it was pretty much just like getting a pass for him

&

2nd: The guy who blocked him would get so cocky and arrogant that for the next couple of possesions he wouldnt play d and he could score two three mre buckets before he got subbed out.
Old 03-07-2010, 04:01 PM   #26
Swaggin916
Enter the Dragic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancerballer21
My middle school coach told us that he loved getting blocked when he was younger, for two reasons.

1st: Most of the time when he got blocked the ball came right back to him so it was pretty much just like getting a pass for him

&

2nd: The guy who blocked him would get so cocky and arrogant that for the next couple of possesions he wouldnt play d and he could score two three mre buckets before he got subbed out.

That first one is very true. I almost always get the ball back when I get blocked (got it back both times on the blocks yesterday). The second is partially true. The first guy who blocked me is a 6'6 athlete and I doubt he was too excited about blocking a 5'11 guy lol. The second guy though was only about 6'2 and an energy player. After the first block, he tried to block me again on the same play after I got the ball back and totally hacked me lol. That would have been 2 free throws if it was any sort of league game and a good possession for my team. So in his case, I think he got excited and wanted to block me again and ended up making a bad play. Other people could very well get arrogant though and just not respect you. In their own mind they just owned you and that can certainly lead to complacency if they aren't disciplined.

So for the second one, I think it more depends on the person.
Old 03-09-2010, 02:39 AM   #27
BrentISballin
Local High School Star

I can't say i've ever been completely dropped but i got shaken enough to trip over my self and stumble. I think getting dunked on , the ball hitting your head and then you falling is probably the most embarrassing thing possible
BrentISballin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 04:49 AM   #28
Sticks

Personally I think itīs way worse to get faked out and then the offensive guy stepping around you for an easy hoop.

Being crossed is something thatīs going to happen if youīre playing good defense. Being dotted is quite the same. Being dunked on was quite embarassing but itīs not all that bad in my opinion, if the guy can jump over me (6'3" and enough lift to block at the rim) then he deserves that basket.

All of this is bound to happen when you play hard and you play defense, the trick is not letting it get to your head during the game. And afterwards search the guy out and let him know he made a nice move, after all we're playing a game.
Sticks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 10:32 PM   #29
carpevicis
Decent playground baller

I agree, you have to play defense to get crossed. I've seen plenty of lazy people stand there as the guy blows past them cause they didn't even move. But regardless, I'd hate to get beat like that. I'd rather step back and give them a semi-open shot.

And getting blocked... I've gotten used to it. I'm short and pretty unathletic so it happens alot. It bugs me for a play or two then I forget about it.
carpevicis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 07:51 PM   #30
EliteBaller56

Quote:
Originally Posted by LebronairJAMES
getting dropped would be the worst feeling prob worse then getting dunked on
Ha guess you havent seen Vince Carter in high school dunking on a dude while dropping him
EliteBaller56 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: