Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Streetball Forum

Streetball Forum Streetball Message Board - street basketball and streetball forum

Old 03-11-2010, 05:39 AM   #31
Sticks
Serious playground baller

Sticks has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Which is more embarrassing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EliteBaller56
Ha guess you havent seen Vince Carter in high school dunking on a dude while dropping him

You do get being dropped means getting your ankles broken. You don't get dropped by a crossover and dunked on on the same play. Now if VC broke someone's ankles and then dunked on someone else mad respect. But most likely it's cause the 1st guy was playing close D and the 2nd guy gave help-side D and came over to challenge the shot.
Sticks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 08:34 AM   #32
Fallguy20
Suck-A-Fish

Fallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation here

People get blocked and it happens. When it happens from behind its no biggie, but I can see why people hate to get one upped when a man straight faces you and throws your shiet into the rafters.

However, getting dropped has more reason to humiliating to me because it shows a lack of your own body control. The thing about getting dropped is that it means nothing if the guy then misses the jumper. Im so tired of and1 people who cross somebody up and then throw up a brick that more often then not ill let them take that jumper till they prove me wrong whenever I play pickup.
Fallguy20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 03:56 PM   #33
Swaggin916
Enter the Dragic

Swaggin916 has a terrific reputationSwaggin916 has a terrific reputationSwaggin916 has a terrific reputationSwaggin916 has a terrific reputationSwaggin916 has a terrific reputation

There are just a lot of gay people out there who are nobodies off the court and when they get on it they act like they are the shit. Sometimes they are the shit on the court... but they ain't shit off it so screw em
Swaggin916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 01:23 AM   #34
Splitz77
Good High School Starter

Splitz77 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by HylianNightmare
all that shit's overrated

if you are anywhere near a decent player that gets after the ball, gets back on defense you are going go get crossed, dropped, blown by and dunked on

and unless you are the greatest basketball player ever you are going to get blocked, lebrons gets blocked, wade does, Jordan did.

i've played long enough to just shrug that stupid stuff off and keep playing

agreed.
Splitz77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 01:24 AM   #35
Splitz77
Good High School Starter

Splitz77 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggin916
There are just a lot of gay people out there who are nobodies off the court and when they get on it they act like they are the shit. Sometimes they are the shit on the court... but they ain't shit off it so screw em

but it doesnt matter what your like off the court.. as long as you can bring your game when your on the court thats all i care about. I dont give 2 shits what their daily life consists of. I just wanna play ball.
Splitz77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 02:45 AM   #36
Swaggin916
Enter the Dragic

Swaggin916 has a terrific reputationSwaggin916 has a terrific reputationSwaggin916 has a terrific reputationSwaggin916 has a terrific reputationSwaggin916 has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splitz77
but it doesnt matter what your like off the court.. as long as you can bring your game when your on the court thats all i care about. I dont give 2 shits what their daily life consists of. I just wanna play ball.

Well I'm just saying there are a lot of cocky people out there. Just because you have a nice handle doesn't mean you get to act like a diva on the court.
Swaggin916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 10:13 AM   #37
Lancerballer21
Serious playground baller

Lancerballer21 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggin916
Well I'm just saying there are a lot of cocky people out there. Just because you have a nice handle doesn't mean you get to act like a diva on the court.

Agreed.

When i play soccer you can easily tell who thinks they are all that and i love it cause im a defender and i play great shut down d and i can piss alot of people off, cause i like to get physical (which most people think u cant do in soccer but trust me...u can) and it pisses them off so much.

Unfortunately, im not a good enough defender in basketball to completely shut down anyone but i can surprise some of the other big men cause i can fight (even though i weigh like 10 lbs) and somewhat slow them down a little.
Lancerballer21 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: