Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 11-05-2006, 08:32 PM   #46
XxNeXuSxX
The Master Debater

XxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation here

No, but I'm saying theres reason behind a pure free market that could be beneficial.
XxNeXuSxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006, 08:37 PM   #47
The Mamba
High School Starter

The Mamba is popular on this boardThe Mamba is popular on this boardThe Mamba is popular on this boardThe Mamba is popular on this boardThe Mamba is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxNeXuSxX
No, but I'm saying theres reason behind a pure free market that could be beneficial.
Like what?

A mixed economy is still the best way to go...
The Mamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006, 08:38 PM   #48
Younggrease
Banned

Younggrease has an OK reputation so far
Default ...

yes but how much of which. Absolutes rarely work but i think we are too mixed now and should more towards more free markets, not absolutely free but more towards that direction.
Younggrease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006, 08:40 PM   #49
The Mamba
High School Starter

The Mamba is popular on this boardThe Mamba is popular on this boardThe Mamba is popular on this boardThe Mamba is popular on this boardThe Mamba is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voratian
So you're pro Laissez-faire?
laissez-faire in some cases works. Hell, look at my avatar. The top of the sporting good market, and their ceo implements a laissez-faire system of leadership.
Old 11-05-2006, 08:40 PM   #50
The Mamba
High School Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Younggrease
yes but how much of which. Absolutes rarely work but i think we are too mixed now and should more towards more free markets, not absolutely free but more towards that direction.
Ok. Tell me why...
Old 11-05-2006, 08:42 PM   #51
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat cool
Default re

hey guys did anyone check out that new Simpsons Halloween Special that aired a few moments ago?

the third act was about the aliens Kang and Kodos invading and destroying Earth after ORson Well's War of the Worlds hoax occured.

then after three years, the aliens say:

"I tell you Commander Kang, sometimes I think Operation Enduring Invasion was a bad idea. We were promised to be their liberators!"

"But I tell you we had to invade, they were making weapons of mass disintegration!"

Anti Bush at its finest.

which is fine, freedom of speech and all. I think the war may not have been a great idea, and it has not accomplished much besides

1) getting Saddam executed

2) killing many top leaders of Al Qaeda

3) leaving a permanent garrison in Iraq.

4) killed a lot of brave young Americans.

5) wasted a lot of money.

but my point is: way to go liberals, casually leave out of that cartoon the fact many Iraqis actually hated the rule they were under and they did initially welcome the change. whom were the people of Springfield under tyranically rule of?

liberals omit the truth just as much as Bush does.

looks like both sidse are nothing but hypocrites. :rollingeyes:
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006, 08:42 PM   #52
Younggrease
Banned

Default ...

I worked for Nike town and they make every1 watch this movie and take a test on Phil Knight. Its is crazy, the guy is so full of himself, and the managers and other people more important than i was talked about him like he was a god. They even quoted him in everyday conversation.
Old 11-05-2006, 08:43 PM   #53
Younggrease
Banned

Default ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mamba
Ok. Tell me why...

I already finished my econ requirements, i not trying to do anymore homework. Go look up the positions yourself.
Old 11-05-2006, 08:44 PM   #54
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat cool
Default re

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mamba
Ok. Tell me why...

it's called profit maximization. that is simply the nature of people.

if government controlled markets controlled the market and denied even short run economic profits, then why would people want to stay in their toiling field of work? moreover, the government still levies taxes and that just siphons out pretty much any social surplus there might have been in the first place, not to mention all that deadweight loss in the market.
Old 11-05-2006, 08:46 PM   #55
Heilige
An Icon Forever

Heilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
it's called profit maximization. that is simply the nature of people.

if government controlled markets controlled the market and denied even short run economic profits, then why would people want to stay in their toiling field of work? moreover, the government still levies taxes and that just siphons out pretty much any social surplus there might have been in the first place, not to mention all that deadweight loss in the market.

You know your stuff. Agree with about every post you have made in this thread.
Heilige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006, 08:47 PM   #56
TMacsOneGoodEye
College star

TMacsOneGoodEye is popular on this boardTMacsOneGoodEye is popular on this boardTMacsOneGoodEye is popular on this boardTMacsOneGoodEye is popular on this board

Why aernt you out fighting the war VC?
TMacsOneGoodEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006, 08:51 PM   #57
XxNeXuSxX
The Master Debater

XxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMacsOneGoodEye
Why aernt you out fighting the war VC?
XxNeXuSxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006, 08:52 PM   #58
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

Default re:

hmmm... you know right now I don't have any real path in my life. I could pursue a Masters, but what am I gonna be in the future? an accountant? a broker? an economist? a professor? maybe I should join the reserves.
Old 11-05-2006, 08:53 PM   #59
The Mamba
High School Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Younggrease
I already finished my econ requirements, i not trying to do anymore homework. Go look up the positions yourself.
Calm down, son. I was asking you why you thought that... I have my own stances.
Old 11-05-2006, 08:54 PM   #60
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

Default re

bottom line:

conservatives and libreals are all people. we all belong to the same human family. argument and debate, even name calling outside a public forum, is good for the sake of democracy. everyone in this forum is exercising his/her freedom of speech.

God Bless America
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: