Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 11-05-2006, 08:54 PM   #61
Younggrease
Banned

Younggrease has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mamba
Calm down, son. I was asking you why you thought that... I have my own stances.

my fault it sounded worst than i meant, i just finished a take home exam for pub finance dealing with some of the same issues and the thought of writing about about them again didnt feel too good.
Younggrease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006, 08:55 PM   #62
The Mamba
High School Starter

The Mamba is popular on this boardThe Mamba is popular on this boardThe Mamba is popular on this boardThe Mamba is popular on this boardThe Mamba is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Younggrease
I worked for Nike town and they make every1 watch this movie and take a test on Phil Knight. Its is crazy, the guy is so full of himself, and the managers and other people more important than i was talked about him like he was a god. They even quoted him in everyday conversation.
Phil Knight is full of himself, but he is also a great leader...
The Mamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006, 08:57 PM   #63
The Mamba
High School Starter

The Mamba is popular on this boardThe Mamba is popular on this boardThe Mamba is popular on this boardThe Mamba is popular on this boardThe Mamba is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
bottom line:

conservatives and libreals are all people. we all belong to the same human family. argument and debate, even name calling outside a public forum, is good for the sake of democracy. everyone in this forum is exercising his/her freedom of speech.

God Bless America
Exactly.

Trouche... and yes, I just combined True + Touche...
The Mamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006, 09:18 PM   #64
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat cool
Default re

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mamba
Exactly.

Trouche... and yes, I just combined True + Touche...

nice one.
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 01:28 AM   #65
reppy
Apparently likes anime

reppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
liberals omit the truth just as much as Bush does.

looks like both sidse are nothing but hypocrites. :rollingeyes:

Liberals never wanted to goto war with Iraq in the first place. Kind of hard to place the blame on them. Furthermore, what is happening right now is exactly what liberals said would happen: a civil war; a power vacuum; mass chaos. But no, the neocons were right and the liberals were anti-American and unpatriotic.

I read a point-counterpoint article in The Onion that while humorous and obviously fake, summed it up nicely. A liberal makes his point saying it will cause more problems, create new terrorists, create a power vacuum, etc. And the conservative's argument basically consisted of, "No, it won't. You don't know what you're talking about. Believe me. It just won't. OK?"

I recently saw a video where an American soldier is speaking to an Iraqi.

"We do not have food and water."

"But now you have democracy and freedom. Are you saying you'd rather live under Saddam?"

"Yes: we had food and water."

That's not entirely how it went, but that is essentially the point the Iraqi made.

And really, I don't think we were greeted as liberators. In some small pockets, yes. But overall, we were not welcomed with the red carpet.

I'm also not a fan of the libertarian/free market model. I would say the basic argument is this: corporations will take care of their customers because if they don't, their customers won't return. But that's an illogical argument. Indeed, if this were the truth, there would be no crack dealers; there'd be no market for nicotine; McDonald's would serve nothing but celery and wheat grass. If employers took care of their employees to ensure that they will keep coming back and working hard for them then there would be no sweat shops.

It's a flawed ideology. Absolute power breeds corruption. There needs to be checks and balances in every system.

Last edited by reppy : 11-06-2006 at 01:33 AM.
reppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 01:36 AM   #66
final.wrath
Banned

final.wrath has decent reputationfinal.wrath has decent reputation

people are naturally greedy... having a complete hands off economic policy will only result in massive shrinking of the middle class. it's already shrinking.
final.wrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 01:58 AM   #67
embersyc
Lurker

embersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputation

Look whats going on with energy deregulation. People said it would create competition, increase service and lower prices, but I don't see a bunch of alternate power companies springing up and energy rates are spiraling out of control.
embersyc is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: