Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 03-03-2010, 01:10 AM   #31
ProfessorMurder
I am your soldier!

ProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: strange happenings in louisiana

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomSmasher
yes man, i'll be all summer. it's a really special/beautiful little town. great night life too.

ps - my old man painted that mural on that building.

the road i currently live is has been dubbed "the most haunted road in America" by shadowlands as well. dark hollow road.

Damn man, I'm interested. I'm getting all pumped thinking about ghost hunting now.

Looks like I may have some cool shit to do this summer after all.
ProfessorMurder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 01:12 AM   #32
ConanRulesNBC
Very good NBA starter

ConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this board

He should be more freaked out that his buddies saw him in the apartment but he was really at school rather than some strange dude in the parking lot.
ConanRulesNBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 01:12 AM   #33
IlliniFan
Very good NBA starter

IlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomSmasher
fair enough but part of me enjoys the sensation of fear. makes me feel alive, heightened sense of alertness, etc.

i could share some stories that would raise the hair on your neck.
I enjoy it too, but only in the moment. It's not fun when it stays with you after the moment has passed and you're constantly on edge.
IlliniFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 01:12 AM   #34
hayden695
NBA lottery pick

hayden695 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhayden695 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhayden695 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhayden695 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhayden695 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhayden695 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhayden695 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhayden695 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhayden695 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhayden695 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhayden695 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I have been reading some of the posts in the link you showed Atom, holy f*ck is some of that stuff wierd. Honestly if it were me and some stuff like that happened I would move the next day.
hayden695 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 01:13 AM   #35
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Who else just Googled ghost stories and turned your light off?

*raises hand*
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 01:15 AM   #36
PistolPete
The Pistol

PistolPete is a pretty well-respected posterPistolPete is a pretty well-respected posterPistolPete is a pretty well-respected poster

Going back to the story, I can't help but keep thinking about the movie The Mothman Prophecies which was a true story. Sounds to me like the 40 year-old man likes to get liquored up every night and tell fantastic tales the next morning, or he is actually having an encounter with someone or something that's out there.

Could be numerous explanations. A lot of haunted towns either sit on old Indian reservations or slave plantations and thus many haunted stories come out of that as a result.
PistolPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 01:15 AM   #37
ProfessorMurder
I am your soldier!

ProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete's montreux
Who else just Googled ghost stories and turned your light off?

*raises hand*

My light was off, I'm like 9,800 steps ahead!
Old 03-03-2010, 01:16 AM   #38
ConanRulesNBC
Very good NBA starter

ConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this board

As for the tall thing... anyone else picturing The Tall Man from Phantasm?
ConanRulesNBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 01:17 AM   #39
hateraid
Is it in you?

hateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

In the Phillippines this thing is known as Kapre

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kapre

My cousin says she had seen one peaking through her bedroom window when she stayed there. Here roon was on the second floor on a flat side on the house.
hateraid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 01:22 AM   #40
ProfessorMurder
I am your soldier!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConanRulesNBC

I couldn't help flashing to random X-Files episodes...

Who knows, maybe it was Manute Bol?
Old 03-03-2010, 01:22 AM   #41
miller-time
NBA sixth man of the year

miller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete's montreux

just had a look, it's funny how anything between i'd say 1850 and 1910 is more freaky than any other time period. i think it is just the menacing medical equipment and sub par but grand living conditions.
miller-time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 01:23 AM   #42
ProfessorMurder
I am your soldier!

Quote:
Originally Posted by miller-time
just had a look, it's funny how anything between i'd say 1850 and 1910 is more freaky than any other time period. i think it is just the menacing medical equipment and sub par but grand living conditions.

If I could pick one time to go live, I'd go back to the late 1800's.
Old 03-03-2010, 01:24 AM   #43
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConanRulesNBC
I was actually picturing the tall old man from Poltergeist 2.

....one of the freakiest characters in film history.

Sweet dreams after looking at those pics.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 01:24 AM   #44
IlliniFan
Very good NBA starter

IlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I hate you.
IlliniFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 01:25 AM   #45
AtomSmasher
Truth Seeker

AtomSmasher has decent reputationAtomSmasher has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC's Finest
Haha shit got me in the mood to hear some more of this eerie stuff. Can you tell some of your stories? You have to have had some strange encounters living where you do..
i was 16 years old at the time. i was living with my dad in an apartment complex that was set a mile south of new hope. new hope is nestled alongside a river. alongside the river is a canal that has a path that is referred to as a towpath. in order to walk back to my dad's place i had to walk on this towpath which is very dark, very scary, and even to this day leaves you feeling unsettled. here is a photo of the towpath i was traveling on:

anyway it's late at night, maybe around 1AM. i had done this walk late at night before and always ended up running home just because i'd get easily spooked. there is a very old restaurant called 'odettes' that i pass along the walk. 'odettes' is considered very haunted, a famous news reporter in the 80s called jessica savitch died there in the 80's to go along with numerous other strange happenings http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jessica_Savitch...

Quote:
On Sunday, October 23, 1983, Savitch had dinner with Martin Fischbein, vice-president of the New York Post, in New Hope, Pennsylvania. After the meal at Odette's Restaurant, they began to drive home about 7:15 pm, with Fischbein behind the wheel and Savitch in the back seat with her dog, Chewy.
Fischbein may have missed posted warning signs in a heavy rainfall, and he drove out of the wrong exit from the restaurant and up the towpath of the old Pennsylvania Canal's Delaware Division on the Pennsylvania side of the Delaware River. The car veered too far to the left and went over the edge into the shallow water of the canal. After falling approximately fifteen feet and landing upside down, the station wagon sank into deep mud which sealed the doors shut.
Savitch and Fischbein were trapped inside as water poured in. A local resident found the wreck at about 11:30 that night. Fischbein's body was still strapped behind the wheel, with Savitch and her dog in the rear. After the subsequent autopsies, the Bucks County coroner ruled that both had died from asphyxiation by drowning. He noted that Fischbein was apparently knocked unconscious in the wreck but Savitch had struggled to escape. There was no finding that drugs or alcohol had played any part in the crash.[2][4]

i have a zippo lighter in my hand. im sure you're are aware that zippos keep a flame very well. anyway i was nervous so i kept lighting my lighter and flicking it shut. trying to keep myself distracted on this terrible walk. as im doing this i feel a very strong gust of wind, the flame then proceeds to go out, i feel paralyzed by fear, im literally frozen. i see a woman that appeared to be in white garments standing along the bank of the canal. i closed my eyes for a moment because i thought i was seeing things, your mind can play awful tricks on you. i then hear very violent splashes of water in the canal. i glance for one second and it looked as if someone was running through the canal. i immediately ran as fast as i could back to my apartment which was maybe 1,000 yards away at this point. very scary indeed.

i'll share an even scarier story shortly.

Last edited by AtomSmasher : 03-03-2010 at 01:29 AM.
AtomSmasher is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: