Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 03-03-2010, 10:37 PM   #1
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

knickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Bill Walker

This guy has been playing good with the minutes hes getting. Looks like a steal atm. His contract on ESPN says 3yrs/766k, that's good. It seems like he'll be a crucial role player for us, one of those chemistry guys you need on a good team. Now we need to get Douglas some PT and develop him into one of those role/chemistry type of players also to pair with our big FA signing this summer. I feel more comfortable now cause it looks like we got our selves a nice, cheap, young bench player for next year.
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 07:28 AM   #2
earlofupstate
Good High School Starter

earlofupstate is popular on this boardearlofupstate is popular on this boardearlofupstate is popular on this boardearlofupstate is popular on this boardearlofupstate is popular on this board
Default Re: Bill Walker

Donnie can't draft, but he sure can trade. I like what I'm seeing in our Young SkyWalker !
earlofupstate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 08:09 PM   #3
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

He would be even better, but he had a few injuries on his way to the pros.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 06:33 PM   #4
Nickel06
Kids at the park dunk on me

Nickel06 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickballer
This guy has been playing good with the minutes hes getting. Looks like a steal atm. His contract on ESPN says 3yrs/766k, that's good. It seems like he'll be a crucial role player for us, one of those chemistry guys you need on a good team. Now we need to get Douglas some PT and develop him into one of those role/chemistry type of players also to pair with our big FA signing this summer. I feel more comfortable now cause it looks like we got our selves a nice, cheap, young bench player for next year.

Agreed, through and through.. However, and I'm probably crazy for sayin this, but I think this kid could be a star in this league, never mind a role player... Few people remember, but he was Michael Beasley's sidekick at Kansas St. And he was pretty damn good, almost every bit as good as Beasley. Now I aint sayin he's got Beasley's talent, but he's got enough to make do with....
Nickel06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 06:56 PM   #5
Knicks101
Retired

Knicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickel06
Agreed, through and through.. However, and I'm probably crazy for sayin this, but I think this kid could be a star in this league, never mind a role player... Few people remember, but he was Michael Beasley's sidekick at Kansas St. And he was pretty damn good, almost every bit as good as Beasley. Now I aint sayin he's got Beasley's talent, but he's got enough to make do with....

Yeah, you crazy.
Knicks101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 10:33 PM   #6
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board

I guess people are looking for something to get excited about... Every time a knick does decent they get there own thread and gets lumped into future. Then after reality sets in and they stink threads fall to the bottom.

Last edited by Rameek : 03-09-2010 at 10:36 PM.
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 10:37 PM   #7
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!

Bano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameek
I guess people are looking for something to get excited about... Every time a knick does decent they get there own thread and gets lumped into future. Then after reality sets in and they stink threads fall to the bottom.

Gallo had 27 and 5 last night.
Bano114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 05:59 PM   #8
Nickel06
Kids at the park dunk on me

Nickel06 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knicks101
Yeah, you crazy.

Yea dude, true dat right there... But its all good... And its always good to dream... But I really do think he can be great... Seriously, other than playin time, what is there to stop him???
Nickel06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 08:42 AM   #9
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board

Quote:
Mike D'Antoni continues to rave about ex-Celtic Bill Walker, whom the Knicks are interested in keeping on. Funny how there's been more buzz about Walker than Tracy McGrady recently. Walker faces his former high school teammate O.J. Mayo tonight. They teammed for two state high school championships in Cincy.

D'Antoni noted Walker scored just 1 point in San Antonio but was a plus-11.

D'Antoni wants Walker to work on his body and get stronger and in better shape. "I still think (the potential) is pretty high,'' D'Antoni said. "Even when he had 1 point last game, he doesnít make mistakes. He was a plus-11 when he was on floor vs. San Antonio. That's tribute to him knowing how to play. He guards well, doesnít force things and has a good feel for the game. I like the part every time he's on the floor the team is a positive. That's huge.''

Mayo joked this morning that Walker was the better player growing up in West Virginia.

Meanwhile, J.R. Giddens said he's been given clearance to play March 17th.and could make his Knick debut in Boston against his former club.

"(Our scouts), they all raved about Walker and Giddens,'' D'Antoni said, disputing they were throw-ins in the Nate Robinson deal. "They were real excited about getting those two guys.''

http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/knicks...6pGf5M IVSqpO
Old 03-14-2010, 04:57 AM   #10
NY-Knicks
FIRE PRINGLES

NY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I think that Donnie has assembled a nice group of young players. If he can get one or two first round picks (we already have two second round picks) we could actually have a young and promising team. In the draft we should aim for a big man. Maybe trade for a lottery pick to do so.
what I like about our young guys is that they can play defense, wow.

Wilson Chandler
Danilo Gallinari
Toney Douglas
Bill Walker

Draft pick (big man) + Free Agents
that could become a decent squad.
NY-Knicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 07:27 AM   #11
Rameek
Krust Kingz

I would like to see this guy get some rebounds, assist, steals... He has played decent so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY-Knicks
I think that Donnie has assembled a nice group of young players. If he can get one or two first round picks (we already have two second round picks) we could actually have a young and promising team. In the draft we should aim for a big man. Maybe trade for a lottery pick to do so.
what I like about our young guys is that they can play defense, wow.

Wilson Chandler
Danilo Gallinari
Toney Douglas
Bill Walker

Draft pick (big man) + Free Agents
that could become a decent squad.
I dont know how you propose to get these 1st round picks. Its not like the Knicks have a bunch of chips to get these picks. I guess the Knicks can buy picks after 26...
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: