Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 03-11-2010, 07:47 PM   #16
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Default Re: Big Ben is being accused of rape...again

Innocent or guilty his reputation is shot. And the "she hit her head" business is going to sound mighty suspect.
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 08:46 PM   #17
AtomSmasher
Truth Seeker

Big Ben is a big scumbag. We can both hopefully agree on that RMWG. Sorry for the name calling in the other thread - I should have refrained from that, but it did irk when you stated my points we're idiotic. Maybe choose different wording next time, even if you feel that's the case...just food for thought.

The Rooney's are old school owners. I bet you they're really, really upset by this. I'm sure Ben is on a short leash right now. The Steelers are one of the franchises who take character seriously. In the event he's proven guilty in a court of law (we all know he's guilty), he may have played his last game as a Steeler.
AtomSmasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 09:03 PM   #18
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

He might be a scumbag...but I know little about either of the rape accusations against the man. I will say that him being accused for a second time now makes him more suspect, but I actually don't feel the need to judge him, especially not when I don't know the facts. Unfortunately, rape is one of those cases where oftentimes there are only two people that will know what happened for sure.
Old 03-11-2010, 09:24 PM   #19
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomSmasher
Big Ben is a big scumbag. We can both hopefully agree on that RMWG. Sorry for the name calling in the other thread - I should have refrained from that, but it did irk when you stated my points we're idiotic. Maybe choose different wording next time, even if you feel that's the case...just food for thought.

The Rooney's are old school owners. I bet you they're really, really upset by this. I'm sure Ben is on a short leash right now. The Steelers are one of the franchises who take character seriously. In the event he's proven guilty in a court of law (we all know he's guilty), he may have played his last game as a Steeler.

I would disagree with this point that I bolded. I think, that they are on par with just about everyone else.

Of course, there are the steroid rumors from the 70s (not that they were the only ones, but still....), and then you look at the current team. Ben has had his issues, you got James Harrison being charged with a domestic dispute (charges were later dropped--but former Steelers WR Cedrick Wilson, who faced similar charges at the same time, was let go), then you have Jeff Reed's run-ins with the law. Same with Santonio Holmes.

The Steelers, much like everyone else, look the other way when a talented players runs afoul.

They are a model franchise in the sense that they win consistenly and have the most Super Bowls, but besides that, they pick their personnel similiar to the other teams.
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 09:32 PM   #20
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

True. The Rooneys are probably unhappy with the negative pub, but they aren't getting rid of the QB that was part of two SB rings until he gets convicted in a court of law and sent to jail.
Old 03-11-2010, 10:45 PM   #21
Randy
NBA sixth man of the year

Quote:
Perhaps most jarring is the maiden blog voyage of long-time, old-school Pittsburgh sportscaster John Steigerwald, who spent more than two decades on KDKA-TV, who has hosted radio in the Pittsburgh area, and who currently appears on a weekly Sunday night show on WTAE-TV.

Here's what Steigerwald says about Roethlisberger: "First of all, none of this surprises me. Ben is a bad citizen. He doesn't know how to treat people and he definitely doesn't know how to handle being the quarterback of the Pittsburgh Steelers. In my more than 30 years of working in the Pittsburgh sports media, I have never had any player come close to generating as many unsolicited questions from fans as Roethlisberger has. They want to know why he's such a jackass. And these aren't just Steelers fans who got turned down for an autograph. It's men and women from all walks of life."

Steigerwald specifically points to a Make-A-Wish child that Roethlisberger allegedly blew off. Per Steigerwald, KDKA opted not to pursue the matter as a news story. Steigerwald later spoke to the parents, who did not want to go public on behalf of their daughter, who had cystic fibrosis.

Steigerwald's verdict? "Roethlisberger is a punk who needs to be knocked down a peg or two."

What a piece of shit.
Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 11:55 PM   #22
northwinds
Banned

I heard from a friend of a friend, who's first cousin once saw Big Ben in a restaurant, that Big Ben is a jerk......therefore I hate him and he should go to prison....geez people...
northwinds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 01:08 AM   #23
D.J.
College superstar

Guilty or not, he's an idiot for putting himself in that type of situation, yet again. He's certainly not the first athlete to be a womanizing douchebag, but I don't know many that were accused of rape more than once. He's going to get himself into some big time trouble one day if he keeps this up. If he wasn't a top player in the NFL, I'm sure Goodell would have suspended him by now.
D.J. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 07:55 PM   #24
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

I wonder why swift punishment hasn't been applied to Big Ben yet like it has been for others?

Goddell hasn't always waited for others to be "officially charged" before handing out punishment.

He was told to stay home from OTA's this week.
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 12:45 AM   #25
scott0326
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlh1981
I wonder why swift punishment hasn't been applied to Big Ben yet like it has been for others?

Goddell hasn't always waited for others to be "officially charged" before handing out punishment.

He was told to stay home from OTA's this week.
Um, Goodell seems to be waiting with Ronnie Brown and Joey Porter as well.
scott0326 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: