Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Brooklyn Nets Forum

Brooklyn Nets Forum Brooklyn Nets message board - Brooklyn Nets forum

Old 11-06-2006, 02:44 AM   #1
villabong
Can barely lace up my sneakers

villabong has an OK reputation so far
Default How far will the nets go this season?

how far will the nets go this season?
i'm hoping for the nets to be in the finals
villabong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 01:24 PM   #2
ErhnamDjinn
“Homo homini lupus est

ErhnamDjinn is considered somewhat coolErhnamDjinn is considered somewhat cool

as much as I love the nets, realistic will be playoffs, good will be 2nd round, stretching it will be ECF.
ErhnamDjinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 08:19 PM   #3
whaley82
High School JV MVP

whaley82 has decent reputation

I wouldn't say Stretching it to make it to the ECF I can see them making that as long as everyone comes to play during the playoffs.
whaley82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 08:56 PM   #4
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat cool
Default re

and if Carter is still around after the trade deadline...
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 11:04 PM   #5
whaley82
High School JV MVP

whaley82 has decent reputation

Unless we make a remarkable trade and get even better, but I dunno if that can happen, unless we can a crazy good sg and a good PF :)
whaley82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 12:06 AM   #6
villabong
Can barely lace up my sneakers

villabong has an OK reputation so far
Thumbs up

as far as i can see the nets will be in the in the playoffs and would be in the top 3 seeds(maybe 2nd).
play0ff picture:
1. miami vs. 8. orlando
2. nets vs. 7. washington
3. bulls vs. 6. bucks
4. detroit vs. 5. cavs

i can see that the nets can beat the wizards on the first round and will past bulls on the 2nd but a hell series. ECF between nets and either heat/pistons.
and from there i dont know what will happen.... depending on how the heat will play if shaq can still and dwade are not yet tired. Pistons on how nazr fill up the shoes ben left in detroit and the other starters.
villabong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 12:20 AM   #7
The Italian
Defense? Whats that?

The Italian is a pretty well-respected posterThe Italian is a pretty well-respected posterThe Italian is a pretty well-respected posterThe Italian is a pretty well-respected poster

I can see them making the ECF possibly. I definetly see them making the semis. A long shot would be the NBA Championship.
The Italian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 03:13 AM   #8
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

The thing I don't understand is that no matter how bad Miami looks against other teams, they always seem to be sharp when they play the nets. I think that the nets can definitely beat any team in the east, but they tend to be inconsistent.

On a side note - people have been saying VC will have a career year because it's his contract year. Is it just me or does he look a little disinterested this year?
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 12:00 PM   #9
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat cool
Default re

its only been two games and he is averaging 26PPG with 5 asists a couple of rebounds. what more do you expect from him? he is shooting way above his career mark so far too.
Old 11-07-2006, 01:44 PM   #10
IlliniFan
Very good NBA starter

IlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

not on 3's...25%
IlliniFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 01:49 PM   #11
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

Default re

but i dont think he's actively taken many threes in two games. besides, most of them were those deep 3s from way downtown which he does for show.
Old 11-07-2006, 01:56 PM   #12
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

what does disinterest have to do with scoring averages. did you even read the question? It's has nothing to do with what I want from him, it's what he wants for the rest of his career. He's 30 and based on the way he's looked while he plays and also by the comments he's made when asked about his contract, can you really say that he'll most likely stay with the nets if they have another 2nd round defeat in the playoffs?
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 02:47 PM   #13
Kemosabe
High School Varsity 6th Man

Kemosabe has decent reputation

2nd round of the play-offs.
Nets have a good team but their bench (despite the add of Marcus Williams and Nachbar) his still a little short of resources.
Kemosabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 06:20 PM   #14
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

Default re

barring getting another strong interior presence, the Nets can go far on the strength of two things:

1) the bench averagin 20-25PPG at the very least. a stretch, but with hte way Nachbar and Williams may play, as well as the usual 6-7PPG from Cliff, this goal is attainable. Now if Wright can get going, and HOuse can knock down 2 threes agame...

2) the starting unit plays at a high level all year long
Old 11-07-2006, 11:54 PM   #15
funkylikemonkey
Football In The Groin

funkylikemonkey has an OK reputation so far

If the top seeding works out the way I planned:

1. Miami
2. New Jersey
3. Cleveland
4. Detroit

Then the Nets should make it to the ECF where they once again face off with Miami. It gets better every year first the 1st round, then the 2nd round last year, this year it will be the ECF.
funkylikemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: