Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 03-07-2010, 05:08 PM   #1
IN-PAX-WE-TRUST
ROSE > THAN YOU

IN-PAX-WE-TRUST is starting to rub some people the wrong wayIN-PAX-WE-TRUST is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default 2011 Bulls Roster... Fill in the Blanks

PG- Rose
SG- ???
C-Noah
PF-???
SF- Deng

Other than the usual names at PF, who is available at SG? I think Hinrich is much more valuable as a 20-25 min guy off the bench. We are so close to being a 50 win team.
IN-PAX-WE-TRUST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 05:51 PM   #2
Go Getter
Wild 100's

Go Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: 2011 Bulls Roster... Fill in the Blanks

Anthony Morrow or Mike Miller would be nice at the 2....and JJ of course.

At PF we need whoever man I used to thin Amare and Booz didn't fit but at this point we need any high level PF we can get to take the pressure off of Derrick.
Go Getter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 08:52 PM   #3
fknc
Get JJ Minutes

fknc is considered somewhat coolfknc is considered somewhat cool

Kelena Azubuike would be a good pickup at Sg. He probably would be rather inexpensive too. He has been injured all season but was terrific last season. He's big and sterong and plays great d. He does all the little things a team needs to win. He's also a really good shooter. He could probably average 14 to 17 a game for us.

A backup idea to him would be his teammate Anthony Morrow. A talented shooter that is starting to add to his game. Either guy would be great next to Rose at the guard position. I think we need a big man first and a guard second.

If we somehow signed Bosh and Az I would be stoked. Easily a 50 win team.
fknc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 10:34 PM   #4
Abe Frohman
I am the Sausage King

Abe Frohman has decent reputationAbe Frohman has decent reputation

Rose-PG
JJ-SG
Deng-SF
Lee-PF
Noah-C

Do not sleep on that team...Damage will be done in the league please believe
Abe Frohman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 10:56 PM   #5
JimmyConway
****in Morrie

JimmyConway is a pretty well-respected posterJimmyConway is a pretty well-respected posterJimmyConway is a pretty well-respected posterJimmyConway is a pretty well-respected poster

PG- Rose, Hinrich/murray
SG- J.Johnson, Brown/murray
SF- Deng, James J.
PF- Bosh, Gibson, Warrick
C- Noah, Asik

not sure if asik will be here in 2011. Can someone fill us in on that situation?
JimmyConway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 12:12 AM   #6
Undisputed
Devil without a cause

Undisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

PG-Rose
SG-An actual shooter
C-Noah
PF-Offense?
SF- Deng
Undisputed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 12:22 AM   #7
Crystallas
Smile, you're on ISH

Crystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

JJ+Lee= PWN ALL.

I don't think we could pull it off though Lee makes decent endorsements in NY, and he wont give the Bulls any discount off his going rate. JJ is more likely to step down from a max deal for the Chicago love.

We have to be careful of who we get and how much we overpay any player. If the Bulls set the bar too high, then any subpar contract to Rose will be a slap to his face. Home town or not, he's not going to take peanuts.

Technically, the Bulls can start negotiating a contract with Omer now, even though he can't play for us this season.
If we sign Omer, the only way he'll be okay, is if we can sign him ASAP, throw him in a pre-camp, get him on a strength program, let him skip part of summer league, and have him available to play by mid-December. He is a developmental project, but he provides a great attitude, good work ethic, and he can basically play entire games with his arms swinging in every-which direction above his head. He also has a set of post-out moves that resemble Olajuwon, but he doesn't have the endurance to start.
What is likely to happen; The Bulls have to wait until EC16 is done, their playoffs for EL. Then they can offer contracts to players, and Omer will weight out the Bulls offer with whatever team's offer out there. Basically, the Bulls have to persuade him to try the NBA for at least 1 year, but his contract could still be a 1+1 minimum, like most rookies at no more than 2mil per year because of his draft position(I don't see the loophole out of the rookie contract). If they want to throw 3 million to him in EL, then basically he's staying there, and we're not going to see him without promising an extension after the first season for his FMV(fair market value.)
Hopefully, he has a goal to play in the NBA. I want to see what the white Mutumbo can do in a Bulls uni.

Last edited by Crystallas : 03-08-2010 at 12:24 AM.
Crystallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 05:55 AM   #8
eeeeeebro
Decent college freshman

eeeeeebro has decent reputationeeeeeebro has decent reputation

Rose
Allen
Lebron
Gibson
Noah

6th man of the year Deng
eeeeeebro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 11:50 AM   #9
Rose
nanu nanu

Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Asik doesn't come over till 2011 so as not to effect on cap space for this offseason.
Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 11:59 AM   #10
Lord Leoshes
Local High School Star

Lord Leoshes has an OK reputation so far

PG -Rose
SG - JJ - would be great but not enough for him, & Boozer. But a sign & trade with ATL might do it, but doubt it. If not Allen/T-Mac, but only after GS matches offer on Morrow. Or one of them sign really cheap.
SF - Dung
PF - Boozer
C - Noah

But in the draft i would go for either X Henry/J Anderson, or one of the better offensive minded PFs like Monroe, or Patterson, if they fall enough.
Lord Leoshes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 03:14 PM   #11
ljsbb27
Local High School Star

ljsbb27 is popular on this boardljsbb27 is popular on this boardljsbb27 is popular on this boardljsbb27 is popular on this board

For SG: Mike Miller, Anthony Morrow, Roger Mason, Quentin Richardson, Dorell Wright, Raja Bell, Rasual Butler are guys that I listed in another thread.

I guess I'll rank them now:

1. Anthony Morrow
2. Dorell Wright
3. Mike Miller
4. Roger Mason
5. Quentin Richardson
6. Rasuel Butler
7. Raja Bell

All of those guys would be nice pickups and each would contribute in their own unique way. I'd be really happy with either one of the top 2 on my list. I'd be happy with Mike Miller. And then content with any of the other guys. But regardless either one of these 7 in addition to a big time power forward would be a very good increase from this team's roster.

For PF: In order (My opinion) I'll rank these as well

1. Chris Bosh
2. Amare Stoudemire
3. David Lee
4. Carlos Boozer

Out of those 4 only Chris Bosh deserves the MAX imo.

So filling in the blanks:

PG- Derrick Rose/ Draft Pick (Avery Bradley, Willie Warren, Jerome Dyson)
SG-Anthony Morrow or Dorell Wright/Draft Pick (James Anderson, D. Jones)
SF-Luol Deng/James Johnson
PF-Chris Bosh/Taj Gibson/Warrick
C- Joakim Noah/Brad Miller
ljsbb27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 10:08 PM   #12
tamaraw08
Decent college freshman

tamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljsbb27
For SG: Mike Miller, Anthony Morrow, Roger Mason, Quentin Richardson, Dorell Wright, Raja Bell, Rasual Butler are guys that I listed in another thread.

I guess I'll rank them now:

1. Anthony Morrow
2. Dorell Wright
3. Mike Miller
4. Roger Mason
5. Quentin Richardson
6. Rasuel Butler
7. Raja Bell

All of those guys would be nice pickups and each would contribute in their own unique way. I'd be really happy with either one of the top 2 on my list. I'd be happy with Mike Miller. And then content with any of the other guys. But regardless either one of these 7 in addition to a big time power forward would be a very good increase from this team's roster.

For PF: In order (My opinion) I'll rank these as well

1. Chris Bosh
2. Amare Stoudemire
3. David Lee
4. Carlos Boozer

Out of those 4 only Chris Bosh deserves the MAX imo.

So filling in the blanks:

PG- Derrick Rose/ Draft Pick (Avery Bradley, Willie Warren, Jerome Dyson)
SG-Anthony Morrow or Dorell Wright/Draft Pick (James Anderson, D. Jones)
SF-Luol Deng/James Johnson
PF-Chris Bosh/Taj Gibson/Warrick
C- Joakim Noah/Brad Miller

Great post...again. I like ALL the players you mentioned..except for the future draftees that Im not familiar with except of Dyson which I also like.
My question to you is, do you really think Vinny should come back to coach the team.
With what is happening right now, esp losing to Memphis and Indiana, Im not sure. If they start competing hard, minimize their mistakes, then Ill consider it esp if they can hire an experienced assistant coach. I would really love them to lure Hubie Brown to help Vinny out, provide him with valuable input, spot the little details, those missed rotations, player tendencies etc.
If they CONTINUE to falter and play half heartedly, unfocussed ball, I woud rather see Jeff Van Gundy handle this team. This guy is a genius, always well prepared, knows how to connect with his players etc.
tamaraw08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 11:18 PM   #13
ljsbb27
Local High School Star

ljsbb27 is popular on this boardljsbb27 is popular on this boardljsbb27 is popular on this boardljsbb27 is popular on this board

To be completely honest coaches is something I don't know too much about. I know which guys I think are good coaches and which I think are bad ones, but its something that works out kind of funny sometimes. Alot of times good teams and good players make coaches look good. Not saying that good coaches don't help teams or don't make teams better, but if you have a good team and good players a coach can look better than he actually is.
Just to throw something out there: Would the Jordan and Pippen era Bulls teams still win titles if Phil wasn't coaching them? They definately still do. On the flip side would Phil Jackson make this years Nets team a playoff team? Definately not. And this isn't a knock on Phil at all. He's a great coach and definately knows how to coach superstars and put teams over the hump but I'm just using him as an example in those two scenarios. I think first you have to set up a good team with complimentary players surrounding your star. Get a coach that fits the style of play that is best suited for your star and then surround him with assistants that specialize in different aspects of the game that aren't what the head coach is necessarily strong in or known for.
I think I would be ok with giving Vinny a shot at coaching an improved roster next season and see what he can do. I don't really care for our assistant coaches so I would be in favor of improving our staff, but I don't really know who would be good candidates for assistants. Maybe see if Pippen wants to be an assistant. But if VDN were to be let go the guy I keep thinking of that I think would be a good replacement for Byron Scott. He did a really good job with Chris Paul in the beginning of his career, taught him alot, and helped him become a star. That was a really good New Orleans team for a number of years and I think he got fired undeservingly. They started the season off really poorly but I think they had been overrated and the team wasn't as good as they made it out to be. They used Scott as an excuse and blamed it on him when it wasn't his fault. I think he would do wonders for DRose and I think he would come in here and want to show the rest of the league he's a good coach and prove that he was mistreated in N.O. and was wrongfully let go from there. Out of the guys that are out there he's my favorite. I dont really like Avery Johnson or Jeff Van Gundy
ljsbb27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 12:07 AM   #14
bullz_rule21
Decent playground baller

bullz_rule21 has an OK reputation so far

Rose
Joe Johnson
Luol Deng
Chris Bosh
Noah

-I'm gonna dream real big here, the only way this could happen is if we found a deal for Hinrich. Maybe a sign and trade??
bullz_rule21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 09:52 PM   #15
tamaraw08
Decent college freshman

tamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljsbb27
To be completely honest coaches is something I don't know too much about. I know which guys I think are good coaches and which I think are bad ones, but its something that works out kind of funny sometimes. Alot of times good teams and good players make coaches look good. Not saying that good coaches don't help teams or don't make teams better, but if you have a good team and good players a coach can look better than he actually is.
Just to throw something out there: Would the Jordan and Pippen era Bulls teams still win titles if Phil wasn't coaching them? They definately still do. On the flip side would Phil Jackson make this years Nets team a playoff team? Definately not. And this isn't a knock on Phil at all. He's a great coach and definately knows how to coach superstars and put teams over the hump but I'm just using him as an example in those two scenarios. I think first you have to set up a good team with complimentary players surrounding your star. Get a coach that fits the style of play that is best suited for your star and then surround him with assistants that specialize in different aspects of the game that aren't what the head coach is necessarily strong in or known for.
I think I would be ok with giving Vinny a shot at coaching an improved roster next season and see what he can do. I don't really care for our assistant coaches so I would be in favor of improving our staff, but I don't really know who would be good candidates for assistants. Maybe see if Pippen wants to be an assistant. But if VDN were to be let go the guy I keep thinking of that I think would be a good replacement for Byron Scott. He did a really good job with Chris Paul in the beginning of his career, taught him alot, and helped him become a star. That was a really good New Orleans team for a number of years and I think he got fired undeservingly. They started the season off really poorly but I think they had been overrated and the team wasn't as good as they made it out to be. They used Scott as an excuse and blamed it on him when it wasn't his fault. I think he would do wonders for DRose and I think he would come in here and want to show the rest of the league he's a good coach and prove that he was mistreated in N.O. and was wrongfully let go from there. Out of the guys that are out there he's my favorite. I dont really like Avery Johnson or Jeff Van Gundy
PHil Jackson canNOT transform the Nets in to a contender, he is not a magician, NOBODY can! I said it before, Ill say it again when Jordan, announced his abrupt retirement, the Bulls replaced him wiht a journey man Pete Myers. So you take out arguably the greatest player and you plug in a player who was not good enough to get hired in the NBA THE PREVIOUS year and the Bulls win 55 games, thats winning 67% without your leader.
Can an average coach do that? Some skeptics would say, oh bec. he sstill had a veteran team, yeah a team composed of ROLE PLAYERS WHOM NONE except for Pippen will be even considered to ben named in the hall of fame. Its like coahing the Cavs wihtout Lebron...
Then theres Hubie Brown who took the hapless Grizzlies to the playoffs atleast a couple of times.
I can't remember Van Gundy or Adelmans team being cellar dwellers.
Imagine Houston who lost Yao and TMac and still be a .500 team, you really think an average coach can duplicate that feat? really?
I don't think Vinny is stupid but it kinda frustrates me wheever he loses a key player, his team really struggles.
Lakers loses Kobe and they win 70% of their games he's out. Cavs won a couple without James.
I want to see how this team plays the rest of the seaon before I express my opinion about Vinny's overall performance.
tamaraw08 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: