Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > San Antonio Spurs Forum

San Antonio Spurs Forum San Antonio Spurs message board - San Antonio Spurs forum

Old 03-07-2010, 10:29 AM   #1
TMT
#1 Spurs Fan

TMT has an incredible reputation hereTMT has an incredible reputation hereTMT has an incredible reputation hereTMT has an incredible reputation hereTMT has an incredible reputation hereTMT has an incredible reputation hereTMT has an incredible reputation here
Thumbs down Tony Parker breaks bone in right hand

Quote:
The San Antonio Spurs will have to find a way to win without Tony Parker(notes) for a while.

Parker broke a bone in his right hand at the end of the first half, putting a damper on the Spurs’ 102-92 victory over the Memphis Grizzlies on Saturday night.

“He’s got a broken hand. He’ll be out six weeks,” Spurs coach Gregg Popovich said. “He did it in the first half when he dove on the floor."

“We’re playing well,” Duncan said. “That is the one positive about the whole thing. We’re going to have to get these guys to step up and step in and continue to play well.

“It hurts losing Tony, obviously. Hopefully, we’ll find a way to get it done.”

Parker broke the fourth metacarpal—the bone between the bottom knuckle and wrist—during a scramble for the ball near the end of the first half and did not return.

LINK

Horrible news for us, Tony out until the playoffs most likely. Just as, I feel, he was getting back to playing at a high level for us. George Hill will have to step up again, but he's used to it and has proved he can be a very reliable player when given the opportunity. This also will give Roger Mason more of a chance to find his way back into the rotation. But this really hurts, especially going into one of the toughest second half schedules in the league and as of right now only holding the 7th playoff spot in the West.
TMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 04:08 AM   #2
claveriastephen
Can barely lace up my sneakers

claveriastephen has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Tony Parker breaks bone in right hand

That's a tragic thing for Spurs! lol.. I heard Tony Parker will be away for like 6 weeks?

Well, I hope he gets well sooner so he can help the Spurs in their games.. haha

But don't worry coz if you're a fantasy sports player, you can choose the player you want so if he get injured, everything's gonna be fine. Good thing I can choose my own players at FantasyFactor.com.

Last edited by claveriastephen : 03-16-2010 at 09:27 PM.
claveriastephen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 01:29 PM   #3
Keepin it REAL

Keepin it REAL has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by claveriastephen
That's a tragic thing for Spurs! lol.. I heard Tony Parker will be away for like 6 weeks?

Well, I hope he gets well sooner so he can help the Spurs in their games.. haha

But don't worry coz if you're a fantasy sports player, you can choose the player you want so if he get injured, everything's gonna be fine. Good thing I can choose my own players at FantasyFactor.com.

HA, I think Spurs fans want a championship not a fantasy team!
Keepin it REAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 04:29 PM   #4
JR POLO BOY

JR POLO BOY has no real reputation yet.

Hopefully he's back and ready soon!!! Altough I like how George Hill is getting a lot of minutes he has really been improving. He seems to get better everytime i watch him.
JR POLO BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: