Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Houston Rockets Forum

Houston Rockets Forum Houston Rockets message board - rockets fan forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-24-2010, 10:50 PM   #1
Q.E.C
нυєy
 
Q.E.C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Houston,Tx
Posts: 2,517
Q.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation here
Default The Rockets are weak

The Rockets are weak now. These past 3 games have shown everything. I know Lowry hasn't been playing, and it might take awhile for the new guys to get used to everything, but we look like a weaker team now.
Q.E.C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 07:36 AM   #2
Jordandunk23
Rockets
 
Jordandunk23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,791
Jordandunk23 has decent reputationJordandunk23 has decent reputation
Default Re: The Rockets are weak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q.E.C
The Rockets are weak now. These past 3 games have shown everything. I know Lowry hasn't been playing, and it might take awhile for the new guys to get used to everything, but we look like a weaker team now.

yeah it will take sometime. the backcourt of brooks and kmart has the potential to be dangerous, but they have to first develop chemistry. as mentioned in last nights game, kmart only seemed to be dominant when he controls the ball but as we all know brooks will be controlling the basketball so they will just have to find a healthy median.

i believe lowry is a key part of this team, he brings toughness and a change of pace of the bench.

i dont know when most ppl see this trade, they look at it as a playoff push. me on the other hand not so much. i think this trade is more for the future with houston expecting a healthy yao ming back in the picture next season. as of now were 3 games in, kmart had his first good game, 5-14 from the field is not so solid but in the sense that he found some comfort at some point, mainly in the 2nd half.

they may seem weak right now with a 3 game skid, they're 28-28 and not in the playoff picture but you just gotta give it sometime. kmart himself was injured for sometime with sacramento this season. then you stick him in the middle of the year with a new squad, and houston is a relatively young team themselves. kmart isnt getting accumulated with a bunch of veterans. so again, it will take sometime.
Jordandunk23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 02:18 PM   #3
mattevans11
National High School Star
 
mattevans11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 2,344
mattevans11 is considered somewhat coolmattevans11 is considered somewhat coolmattevans11 is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: The Rockets are weak

i like the trade, dont get me wrong, but i have to agree with the original poster.

1. tmac couldnt play because he might ruin the chemistry? but you can trade landry mid-season and that is not gonna mess with the chemistry. I am beginning to think that Morey was scared that Tmac would not have a good showing in full minutes. I would have loved to give tmac a chance here and see where that would have taken the rockets before trading him.

2. yeah it is going to take some time for these guys to gel. i actually like the makeup of the team after the trade. the only piece that seems to not fit is brooks. I am starting to think if an upgrade needs to be made in this regard. A player mush like lowry might fit better alongside martin. It would work with brooks, if he really wanted to change his mindset a little bit and do more spot up shooting for martin when he drives, as well as look to kick it out to martin when brooks, himself, drives. now that i think about it.... maybe this is the type of guy needed here.

3. martin is at his best when he is taking it to the rack. I did not know this about him. i really thought he was more of a spot up shooter than he really is. I love when i see him go the the rim.

4. jeffries seems to be more useful for the rockets than he was for the knicks. I like what jeffries brings to the table. if he were not a string bean, he could man the middle easily. I liek what he brings to the table defensively. is it me or does he look really tall out there (maybe i am used to our midget center)

5. Hill seems to be a project, but i like his effort. I think he could develop into something nice.

6. Hilton is a usable 3rd stringer...... not a bad throw in for the trade.
mattevans11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 03:40 PM   #4
Jordandunk23
Rockets
 
Jordandunk23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,791
Jordandunk23 has decent reputationJordandunk23 has decent reputation
Default Re: The Rockets are weak

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattevans11
i like the trade, dont get me wrong, but i have to agree with the original poster.

1. tmac couldnt play because he might ruin the chemistry? but you can trade landry mid-season and that is not gonna mess with the chemistry. I am beginning to think that Morey was scared that Tmac would not have a good showing in full minutes. I would have loved to give tmac a chance here and see where that would have taken the rockets before trading him.

2. yeah it is going to take some time for these guys to gel. i actually like the makeup of the team after the trade. the only piece that seems to not fit is brooks. I am starting to think if an upgrade needs to be made in this regard. A player mush like lowry might fit better alongside martin. It would work with brooks, if he really wanted to change his mindset a little bit and do more spot up shooting for martin when he drives, as well as look to kick it out to martin when brooks, himself, drives. now that i think about it.... maybe this is the type of guy needed here.

3. martin is at his best when he is taking it to the rack. I did not know this about him. i really thought he was more of a spot up shooter than he really is. I love when i see him go the the rim.

4. jeffries seems to be more useful for the rockets than he was for the knicks. I like what jeffries brings to the table. if he were not a string bean, he could man the middle easily. I liek what he brings to the table defensively. is it me or does he look really tall out there (maybe i am used to our midget center)

5. Hill seems to be a project, but i like his effort. I think he could develop into something nice.

6. Hilton is a usable 3rd stringer...... not a bad throw in for the trade.

4. Jeffries does seem to be very useful for houston. i thought he would be a bench warmer for us but he looks like he will be a solid role player out there. and yeah he is tall, he is 6'11 but he is a 3-4 type player. i did see him in some possessions guarding d.howard though.

5. hill is definitely a project. i dont know for some reason, i really think this guy can be good but who really knows.

6. i saw hilton get some burn last night againts orlando, he seems decent. at 6'11 and he looks like he has a crazy wingspan, i think he has the potential to be a solid player. saw some decent post moves, but those fundamentals need work. seems to be a decent man to man defender, with his lenght he might be a good shotblocker (not sure doesnt get enough PT).

yeah its a nice trade. just need time to gel.
Jordandunk23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 10:32 PM   #5
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian
 
L.Kizzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Houston, TX -
Posts: 35,950
L.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: The Rockets are weak

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattevans11
i like the trade, dont get me wrong, but i have to agree with the original poster.

1. tmac couldnt play because he might ruin the chemistry? but you can trade landry mid-season and that is not gonna mess with the chemistry. I am beginning to think that Morey was scared that Tmac would not have a good showing in full minutes. I would have loved to give tmac a chance here and see where that would have taken the rockets before trading him.

2. yeah it is going to take some time for these guys to gel. i actually like the makeup of the team after the trade. the only piece that seems to not fit is brooks. I am starting to think if an upgrade needs to be made in this regard. A player mush like lowry might fit better alongside martin. It would work with brooks, if he really wanted to change his mindset a little bit and do more spot up shooting for martin when he drives, as well as look to kick it out to martin when brooks, himself, drives. now that i think about it.... maybe this is the type of guy needed here.

3. martin is at his best when he is taking it to the rack. I did not know this about him. i really thought he was more of a spot up shooter than he really is. I love when i see him go the the rim.

4. jeffries seems to be more useful for the rockets than he was for the knicks. I like what jeffries brings to the table. if he were not a string bean, he could man the middle easily. I liek what he brings to the table defensively. is it me or does he look really tall out there (maybe i am used to our midget center)

5. Hill seems to be a project, but i like his effort. I think he could develop into something nice.

6. Hilton is a usable 3rd stringer...... not a bad throw in for the trade.
I always thought that McGrady - chemistry stuff was BS. Mac played with every besides Ariza and David Anderson.
L.Kizzle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 11:59 PM   #6
Q.E.C
нυєy
 
Q.E.C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Houston,Tx
Posts: 2,517
Q.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: The Rockets are weak

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
I always thought that McGrady - chemistry stuff was BS. Mac played with every besides Ariza and David Anderson.

Another reason why it's BS is because they're gonna have to change it when Yao gets back.
Q.E.C is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:27 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy