Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Houston Rockets Forum

Houston Rockets Forum Houston Rockets message board - rockets fan forum

Old 03-08-2010, 07:47 PM   #1
Jordandunk23
Rockets

Jordandunk23 has decent reputationJordandunk23 has decent reputation
Default 2010/11 Season - Predict Rockets Statistics

Well it looks like Aaron Brooks and Kevin Martin have figured out how to play together. They look like they will be a very dangerous backcourt next season. Luis Scola has been beasting lately scoring and rebounding. I know our playoff chances look slim but we have a lot to look forward to next season and we are playing well hovering around .500. We seem to have a pretty good big three in (AB-Kmart-Scola), then you add Yao Ming back into the mix next season.

So just for fun, what do yall predict will be the stats for players next season?

Yao (19.0ppg, 10rpg)
Scola (15.0ppg, 9rpg)
Battier (7.5ppg, 5rpg, DEFENSE)
Martin (23.0ppg,3.0apg)
Brooks (18.0ppg, 6apg)

- i just listed what i presume would be the starters (could be battier or ariza) and basically i was wondering how the ball would be distributed between Yao-Martin-Brooks with Scola getting his hustle points and open jumpers. I also wonder how Ariza would be a factor offensively. He put up 15ppg this season because Adelman let him have that freedom but he shot at a dismal 38% from the field and 31% from beyond the arch. He needs to work alot on that shooting during the off season and I expect him to go back to a more natural role with less scoring responsibilities.
Jordandunk23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 12:04 AM   #2
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: 2010/11 Season - Predict Rockets Statistics

85 points from our starting line-up.
L.Kizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 08:52 AM   #3
Jordandunk23
Rockets

well its 75 between our top 4 scorers. unlikely? eh maybe but you gotta figure scola is going to get around 13-15 points, with all the open jumpers he gets and all the hustle points.

Yao if he comes back healthy is a 20-10 guy, i figure they would limit his minutes a bit and average around 18-20 a game?

Martin is going to score the ball. he's accurate from beyond the arch and he is deadly driving to the rack. i mean you figure this guy is going to get 20+ a game.

and Brooks has averaged 19+ this whole season. his scoring might decrease as you expect more touches between Yao and Martin but with brooks intangibles he is going to put up atleast 16 a game.

Old 03-10-2010, 06:28 PM   #4
CAYO
Serious playground baller

CAYO has an OK reputation so far

i dont care about the numbers if yao is healthy the whole year ill be happy
CAYO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 08:23 PM   #5
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation here

Yao Ming will be returning from a complete season off, he's not putting up 20 / 10 his first year back. I'll be surprised if he gets 15/8.

Brooks will be our highest scorer at about 19-20, followed by Martin at about the same average. Scola will get about 14 and Shane about 7-8.
L.Kizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 08:56 PM   #6
Jordandunk23
Rockets

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
Yao Ming will be returning from a complete season off, he's not putting up 20 / 10 his first year back. I'll be surprised if he gets 15/8.

Brooks will be our highest scorer at about 19-20, followed by Martin at about the same average. Scola will get about 14 and Shane about 7-8.

I dont know i think Yao Ming will come back strong, i think he will surprise some people. Seeing a 15/8 Yao Ming just seems unrealistic to me.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: