Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Clippers Forum

Los Angeles Clippers Forum Clippers message board - clippers fan forum

Old 03-10-2010, 02:43 AM   #1
qrich
King Heno

qrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Dunleavy Gone From ClipperNation!

Quote:
The Los Angeles Clippers and General Manager Mike Dunleavy today have severed ties. Dunleavy previously also served as the team’s head coach from 2003-04 until February 4, 2010, when he resigned as head coach.

The organization has determined that the goal of building a winning team is best served by making this decision at this time. The team has simply not made sufficient progress during Dunleavy’s seven-year tenure. The Clippers want to win now. This transition, in conjunction with a full commitment to dedicate unlimited resources, is designed to accomplish that objective.

Neil Olshey, presently the Clippers’ Assistant General Manager, will assume the duties created by Dunleavy’s departure. He joined the organization as Director of Player Development for the 2003-04 season. He served as an Assistant Coach in 2004-05, and was elevated to the position of Director of Player Personnel from 2005-06 through 2007-08. He assumed the role of Assistant General Manager prior to the start of the 2008-09 season.

Olshey has played an important role in the completion of several significant team transactions, including the deals which brought Marcus Camby, Craig Smith, Rasual Butler, Steve Blake, Travis Outlaw, and Drew Gooden to the Clippers, among others. He also played a integral part in administering all preparation for the Clippers’ last four NBA Drafts, which produced Al Thornton, Eric Gordon, DeAndre Jordan, and last year’s #1 overall pick, Blake Griffin.

Per RealGM.

Great movie. Expect a legit pitch to LeBron this summer.
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 05:54 AM   #2
eemas91
Kids at the park dunk on me

eemas91 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Dunleavy Gone From ClipperNation!

I'm really confused. This firing makes me wonder if Dunleavey was the one behind clearing the cap space for this summer, or is it was Neil Olshey.
eemas91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 12:40 PM   #3
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

So was this a surprise?

Why does this correlate to Lebron coming to the Clippers?

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 02:05 PM   #4
qrich
King Heno

qrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalMike
So was this a surprise?

Why does this correlate to Lebron coming to the Clippers?

I was surprised, not at the fact that he "severed ties", but the timing of it.

This might or might not have anything to do with LeBron, but it is clear that it will be a bargaining chip because then LeBron can choose who he wants as GM AND coach.
Old 03-10-2010, 04:13 PM   #5
alexthegod
Local High School Star

alexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

its about friggin time! Dunleavy was a great talent evaluator, but didnt know much about personalities and chemistry. I was never a big fan as him as a coach either.

It will be interesting to see how they do this offseason. They have a pretty good core to work with in Griffin, Gordon, Kaman. A nice piece in DeAndre Jordan and who knows what Baron will do now that Dunleavy is out.

They have cap space, but they only have 5 guys locked up for next season. Big offseason for the Clippers!
alexthegod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 06:24 PM   #6
SoCalMike

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by qrich
I was surprised, not at the fact that he "severed ties", but the timing of it.

This might or might not have anything to do with LeBron, but it is clear that it will be a bargaining chip because then LeBron can choose who he wants as GM AND coach.

On the radio today, they said that this came as a big surprise to Dunleavy as well... wow.

Old 03-10-2010, 06:43 PM   #7
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year

DKLaker has not been impressing people

IMO......Great move to fire Dumbleavy, but the timing was stupid and it was done in a classless way.
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 08:29 PM   #8
Abd El-Krim
Decent college freshman

Abd El-Krim has an incredible reputation hereAbd El-Krim has an incredible reputation hereAbd El-Krim has an incredible reputation hereAbd El-Krim has an incredible reputation hereAbd El-Krim has an incredible reputation hereAbd El-Krim has an incredible reputation hereAbd El-Krim has an incredible reputation hereAbd El-Krim has an incredible reputation here

freeeeeeeeeeeeedooooooooom!
Abd El-Krim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 01:10 AM   #9
eemas91

I really wish Sterling would sell the team, but at the same time I am horrified at the idea of a new owner moving the Clippers to another city.

and I still don't know what to think of the Dunleavy firing. I'm so confused...
Old 03-12-2010, 10:09 AM   #10
SoCalMike

Sterling really does run his business a different way, thats for sure.

Old 03-12-2010, 07:34 PM   #11
qrich
King Heno

Apparently Dunleavy found out via internet that he was fired.

Priceless.
Old 03-12-2010, 08:17 PM   #12
ShawnieMac06
High School Varsity 6th Man

ShawnieMac06 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Sterling really does run his business a different way, thats for sure.

You're right, Mike. I mean I'm for Dunleavy's dismissal and all because it was time, but it could have been handled in a much more tactful way. Leave to Sterling and his boy wonder Andy Roeser to handle things so classy...it's almost in the same way that Elgin was canned, it was done so "matter-of-factly". I've mentioned this a couple times elsewhere that these two dumbasses (Sterling and Roeser) don't create a welcoming environment where the players truly feel a part of "the family"...it's kinda more or less like a dictatorship, or maybe in Ron Harper's words..."jail". Sterling's in his mid to late 70s now, so I don't except him to change, but whomever winds with the franchise after the Donald departs (in one way or another) has to be change not only the culture of losing, but their culture of people skills.
ShawnieMac06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 02:22 AM   #13
eemas91

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShawnieMac06
but whomever winds with the franchise after the Donald departs (in one way or another)

i was low-key thinking the the same thing.
Old 03-14-2010, 02:09 AM   #14
SoCalMike

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShawnieMac06
You're right, Mike. I mean I'm for Dunleavy's dismissal and all because it was time, but it could have been handled in a much more tactful way. Leave to Sterling and his boy wonder Andy Roeser to handle things so classy...it's almost in the same way that Elgin was canned, it was done so "matter-of-factly". I've mentioned this a couple times elsewhere that these two dumbasses (Sterling and Roeser) don't create a welcoming environment where the players truly feel a part of "the family"...it's kinda more or less like a dictatorship, or maybe in Ron Harper's words..."jail". Sterling's in his mid to late 70s now, so I don't except him to change, but whomever winds with the franchise after the Donald departs (in one way or another) has to be change not only the culture of losing, but their culture of people skills.

IMO, Sterling should not be an NBA team owner. He does not seem to care about the team and fans. I am not sure what he cares about. Do the Clippers even make him money?

I do wish that Sterling would just sell the team to someone more dedicated to making this team successful.

Until then, sadly, I feel the Clippers will continue to be cursed over and over.

Clipper fan - you are a brave soul!

Old 03-14-2010, 09:48 PM   #15
ZeN
RichardRiderLives

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
IMO, Sterling should not be an NBA team owner. He does not seem to care about the team and fans. I am not sure what he cares about. Do the Clippers even make him money?

I do wish that Sterling would just sell the team to someone more dedicated to making this team successful.

Until then, sadly, I feel the Clippers will continue to be cursed over and over.

Clipper fan - you are a brave soul!

He has made A LOT of money from all his years as a Clipper owner.

I very much dislike him as an owner, and would love for the Clippers to have a different one. However, I very much goes unnoticed that in the past five years Sterling has spent more than he has in the last 20 years.
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: