Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 06-18-2006, 04:43 PM   #16
AKA AAP
Banned

AKA AAP has no real reputation yet.

It all depends on whether the other teams in the West stay healthy or not. Playoff locks that turned bad last year: Jazz, Sonics, and Rockets. And I wouldn't be suprise if one of the other 4 remaining teams sneak into the 8th seed. Lakers only made the playoffs this year by default.
AKA AAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 05:10 PM   #17
hotsizzle
Superstar

hotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation here

well i picked them to win 50 last yr and they could have have they not blown so many games. anyways, i think that if they keep odom, they can get around 50-55 games next season. i also heard that PJAX gave specific goals to kwame and odom. he told kwame that he wants his number next season to be around 15/10 whild odom set a goal for him at 19/9/7. if they can get that outta of both if them, then lakers will be in really good shape
hotsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 06:04 AM   #18
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKA AAP
It all depends on whether the other teams in the West stay healthy or not. Playoff locks that turned bad last year: Jazz, Sonics, and Rockets. And I wouldn't be suprise if one of the other 4 remaining teams sneak into the 8th seed. Lakers only made the playoffs this year by default.

after reading about 4839545 of ur posts i still wonder why u hate them sooo much.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 02:14 PM   #19
XxNeXuSxX
The Master Debater

XxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderman08 24
Sure buddy, whatever helps you go through the day..

Odom just isn't as good as some people think.

He can't average 20 ppg in the NBA. First of all, he's not agressive. Second of all, he's inconsistant. He's a good player but nothing special. I wouldn't mind to see him traded.

..Okay? How do you know he cannot average 20PPG since he's improved? I think on the contrary. He plays inside/Out now.

How does that help me go through the day, go look it up jackass.
XxNeXuSxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 02:23 PM   #20
Spiderman08 24
Banned

Spiderman08 24 has not been impressing people

He can't average 20 ppg and he won't improve. He's been in the NBA for over 6 years now and he hasn't improved at all since his rookie year...except for rebounding, that's the only thing he improved at.

He's not a 20 ppg scorer. Period.

Not agressive
Inconsistant

Case closed.
Spiderman08 24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 05:02 PM   #21
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I kinda agree with spiderman because It is time to try and make big moves to win a Championship.

We can't rebuild all the time. Up until last week i was against getting Garnett until i remembered something important.

Vince Carter was getting worse in toronto just because he didnt wanna be there.

If Garnett comes to the lakers, you are looking at a rejuvenated Kobe and Garnett and we can probably win a championship.

Kobe passes to people he trusts and I am more convinced that he trusts Garnett.
Old 06-19-2006, 07:12 PM   #22
drkmushroomz
Can barely lace up my sneakers

drkmushroomz has an OK reputation so far

KG to the Lakers is a pipe dream. No way can they afford that with Kobe's mammoth contract unless the trade was incredibly lopsided. eg it's not going to happen
drkmushroomz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 07:12 PM   #23
traditionone
High school junior varsity star

traditionone has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
I kinda agree with spiderman because It is time to try and make big moves to win a Championship.

We can't rebuild all the time. Up until last week i was against getting Garnett until i remembered something important.

Vince Carter was getting worse in toronto just because he didnt wanna be there.

If Garnett comes to the lakers, you are looking at a rejuvenated Kobe and Garnett and we can probably win a championship.

Kobe passes to people he trusts and I am more convinced that he trusts Garnett.

Kobe + Garnett is not enough to win titles. We would have to give up a lot to get him and that would leave us with two superstars and nothing good surrounding them.

It's better to invest that money in getting several talented players who could all make key contributions to the team.
traditionone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 02:37 AM   #24
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by traditionone
Kobe + Garnett is not enough to win titles. We would have to give up a lot to get him and that would leave us with two superstars and nothing good surrounding them.

It's better to invest that money in getting several talented players who could all make key contributions to the team.

we would still have good players sorrounding them.
Old 06-20-2006, 10:40 AM   #25
traditionone

Quote:
we would still have good players sorrounding them.

Only if Minnesota is willing to trade Garnett for Odom and Bynum only. If they ask for more players, then I probably wouldn't do it.

I just checked that trade and it doesn't work.

Garnett for Odom, Bynum, and Mihm works.

A Garnett trade will be difficult to do. It won't happen.
Old 06-20-2006, 04:58 PM   #26
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Well yeah they might ask for more.

I wonder If lakers talked to toronto about bosh.
Old 06-20-2006, 05:39 PM   #27
traditionone

Quote:
Well yeah they might ask for more.

I wonder If lakers talked to toronto about bosh.

Minnesota would have to ask for more because there is no other way to make that deal happen under the CBA.

Bosh wants to stay in Toronto, so that possibility is out.
Old 06-20-2006, 08:41 PM   #28
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

What if someone like JO came to the lakers.

They said he might be traded. He probably wouldnt blend in well with Kobe though.
Old 06-20-2006, 08:43 PM   #29
traditionone

Quote:
What if someone like JO came to the lakers.

They said he might be traded. He probably wouldnt blend in well with Kobe though.

Garnett is better. I wouldn't go after JO for the same reason why I wouldn't go after KG. The Lakers will have to give up a lot to get him.
Old 06-20-2006, 09:03 PM   #30
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Indiana seems a little more desperate to shop JO
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: