Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum

D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum D-League Forum, Minor League and world international basketball forum

Old 05-10-2010, 06:13 PM   #91
la bomba
Local High School Star

la bomba has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: euroleague qtr finals

Quote:
Originally Posted by chains5000
Like that's gonna happen
great call.
Barca weren't good enough.
No way Barcelona would beat panathinaikos.
Valencia would not win the uleb.
Clearly not a good year for predictions for Lakas. But we all do it otherwise we would all be millionaire gamblers.
la bomba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 06:22 PM   #92
la bomba
Local High School Star

la bomba has an OK reputation so far

As for the game. Barca proved to be clearly stronger than olympiacos. not only players but the coaching. pascual has been great and all his assistants as well as him are under 40. iannakis proved once again what a poor coach he is(great player that he was) his use of the bench is atrocious and his insistence on playing for sofo all the time suicidal!! sofo has been injured a lot and Olympiacos have played a lot better, why all of a sudden play all your offence to him. dreadful, especially as Sofo can't score a free throw to save his life.
Olympiacos also showed little discipline with kleiza and teodosic throwing their toys out the pram several times!
la bomba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 07:53 PM   #93
Lakas Fan Yo
Banned

Lakas Fan Yo has a very bad reputationLakas Fan Yo has a very bad reputationLakas Fan Yo has a very bad reputationLakas Fan Yo has a very bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman
Rubio is not the best european baller ever lived. He is an elite PG at Euroleague level and has potential to be a superstar

You have underrated him all the season aswell as you've done with Barça, that won the Euroleague with extreme facility, dominating in a way and with a superiority that any other european team since Maccabi (Jasikevicius, Parker, Burstein, Vujcic, Baston) has had

At least this is the time for you, to admit you were wrong in your predicitions. At the beginning of the season you said Barça didnt have much chances, that they had a weakest team than last year and that if somehow they managed to win euroleague, it would be with one of the worst champion rosters ever. The truth is that they have wiped the floor at Euroleague. They havent had any difficult moment at all during all the competition. They went 10-0 in the first round, 5-1 in top 16 (winning at OAKA where you said was impossible). The most difficul moment they faced was at quarterfinals against Madrid, but they managed to win convincingly 3-1 (including two away victories at Vistalegre). The F4 was extremely easy for them.
The result is that in your opinion what was one of the poorest rosters for being a euroleague champion has won it in the most dominating way of the decade (with permission of Maccabi)

Rubio has stepped up in the final moments, where big players do. He played excellent in two of the last three matches and has played a very important role on Barça's success. Indeed without Rubio and with Lakovic and Sada as PG's (as it was last year), I dont think Barça would have gone so far

I bet any single Barcelona fan is deceipt with Rubio

He is with 19 years old a top 5 european PG and he has one of the most impressive curriculums of basketball history for a boy his age. If its a matter of luck or not its your choice. But facts are facts

Pro career

Won 4 Catalan Tournaments: (2005, 2007, 2008, 2009)
Won the FIBA EuroCup Championship: (2006)
Led the Spanish ACB League in steals: (2007, 2009)
Won the Spanish ACB League Rising Star Award: (2007)
3× FIBA European Young Player of the Year: (2007, 2008, 2009)
Won the Spanish King's Cup: (2008, 2010)
Won the ULEB Cup Championship: (2008)
All-Spanish ACB League Team: (2008)
Voted the Spanish ACB League's Best Point Guard: (2008)
Mr. Europa European Player of the Year: (2008)
Spanish ACB League Defensive Player of the Year: (2009)
Catalan Tournament MVP: (2009)
Euroleague Rising Star: (2010)
Won Euroleague Championship: (2010)

Spanish national team

FIBA Europe Under-16 Championship: Bronze Medal (2005)
FIBA Europe Under-16 Championship: Gold Medal (2006)
FIBA Europe Under-16 Championship: MVP (2006)
2008 Olympics Basketball Tournament: Silver Medal
2009 FIBA European Championship: Gold Medal

You are an absolute joke. ZERO awards at a serious league that are not JUNIOR awards. Spanish team awards? LMFAO he should hand those medals to Navarro and Pau and Spain won in 2009 despite Rubio's horrible play.

He was so awful he almost got them eliminated by GB in the group stage. Guess you forgot about facts. Keep up your nonsense hype about Rubio. In 2 years you will be exposed just like your Rudy Fernandez crap.

Rubio is the most overrated player of all time.

Last edited by Lakas Fan Yo : 05-11-2010 at 07:57 PM.
Lakas Fan Yo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 07:55 PM   #94
Lakas Fan Yo
Banned

Lakas Fan Yo has a very bad reputationLakas Fan Yo has a very bad reputationLakas Fan Yo has a very bad reputationLakas Fan Yo has a very bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by la bomba
great call.
Barca weren't good enough.
No way Barcelona would beat panathinaikos.
Valencia would not win the uleb.
Clearly not a good year for predictions for Lakas. But we all do it otherwise we would all be millionaire gamblers.

What the hell are you talking about? I never said Valencia would not win Eurocup. It's not even called ULEB Cup either. I said Marouss is better than them. I never said Barca was not good enough. I said they are overrated.

Panathinaikos is the best team in Europe. You will see that in the Greek Finals. They were a team riddled with injuries when Barca barely eliminated them.
Old 05-12-2010, 03:56 AM   #95
chains5000
From Out Of Nowhere

chains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakas Fan Yo
What the hell are you talking about? I never said Valencia would not win Eurocup. It's not even called ULEB Cup either. I said Marouss is better than them. I never said Barca was not good enough. I said they are overrated.

Panathinaikos is the best team in Europe. You will see that in the Greek Finals. They were a team riddled with injuries when Barca barely eliminated them.
Excuses...
chains5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 01:49 PM   #96
Hyman
Serious playground baller

Hyman has decent reputation

Quote:
You are an absolute joke. ZERO awards at a serious league that are not JUNIOR awards. Spanish team awards? LMFAO he should hand those medals to Navarro and Pau and Spain won in 2009 despite Rubio's horrible play.

He was so awful he almost got them eliminated by GB in the group stage. Guess you forgot about facts. Keep up your nonsense hype about Rubio. In 2 years you will be exposed just like your Rudy Fernandez crap.

Rubio is the most overrated player of all time.

Rudy Fernandez would be the best greek player of the last 15 years

Today Rubio has won another award, as he has been named best PG of ACB surpassing Lull and Prigioni. Totally deserved award as he has been the second most efficient player of his team (after Navarro)

http://www.marca.com/2010/05/12/balo...273662944.html

Here is the list. 3 of the top 4 are IMO future NBA players and I think that the three of them can do good

How can you say that Rubio hasnt won any award at a serious league that are not junior awards? Is not a Euroleague championship enough? An ULEB cup being with 17 years the second best player of his team isnt enough neither? If u really watched the Eurobasket, can u put me the stats of Teodosic, Spanoulis and Parker against him?

The fact is that wherever Rubio plays, his team ends winning and always being a starter and having if not the most important, a quite important role.

As individual awards, he has lots of awards too, any of them of junior tournaments.

-Led the Spanish ACB League in steals: (2007, 2009)
-Won the Spanish ACB League Rising Star Award: (2007)
-3× FIBA European Young Player of the Year: (2007, 2008, 2009) (the funny thing of this is that he won it for first time with 16 years and probably he will win it until he leaves to NBA cause its until 22 years old. He advanced 4 or 5 years ANY Fiba player of his generation
-All-Spanish ACB League Team: (2008, 2010)
-Voted the Spanish ACB League's Best Point Guard: (2008, 2010)
-Mr. Europa European Player of the Year: (2008)
-Spanish ACB League Defensive Player of the Year: (2009)
-Euroleague Rising Star: (2010)

Individual awards at age 19, and not counting his team awards (twice spanish cup champion, euroleague champion, eurobasket champion, uleb cup champion, olympic finalist...)

But according to Lakas he has no awards except junior awards. The funny thing is that I cant remember any player with more awards, nor individual nor global in history at his age
Hyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 02:08 PM   #97
Hyman

Quote:

Barça are overrated how? This year they've made the best ACB record of history, they've won the euroleague in probably the most dominating way of the last decade, they are probably going to win all the national and continental tournaments they're in...

WTF makes them overrated? Their record this season against Real Madrid is 8-1, they won the F4 + 10 against CSKA and + 18 against Olympiakos. They won PAO both of their matches (including a +12 win in Barcelona that could have been a +25 win if they had wanted)

Concerning PAO'S injuries. Which players had they injured when they met BCN? A team riddled of injuries... Yeah and the Lakers are a team riddled of injuries too, although KB24 is playing great and Artest and Bynum are being pivotal.

The ONLY player PAO had injured was Tsartsaris, a player who has a similar importance for PAO than Jordi Trias for Barça

For you Panathinaikos are the best team in Europe right. But well, I will not take much into account as honestly you are one of the worst predictors I've ever seen.

I cant see how Barça can be overrated, when you said they didnt had a "EL winner roster" since the first round and they have wiped the floor against any rival they've had this season

Its time for you to congratulete them and to admit what is obvious, as any other normal person will do

As long as PAO wins the Greek league Barça will still be the best team of Europe. In fact winning the greek league doesnt seem very difficult. The major rival is Olympiakos, a team that Barça would win 9 out of 10 times. The rest? Maroussi a team that Barça won by +30 points AWAY and that a poor TAU trashed, Panellinios and Aris, a team that was really difficult for Valencia
Old 05-12-2010, 02:15 PM   #98
Hyman

Surprisingly, current PAO is the same team (if not worse), that won last years EL combining in the F4 a +4 points advantage against coincidentally the same teams Barça played: Olympiakos and CSKA

The difference is that Barça won them by a +28 advantage
Old 05-12-2010, 07:13 PM   #99
Lakas Fan Yo
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by chains5000
Excuses...

What excuses? Injuries are not an excuse.
Old 05-12-2010, 07:15 PM   #100
Lakas Fan Yo
Banned

Quote:
Rudy Fernandez would be the best greek player of the last 15 years

Today Rubio has won another award, as he has been named best PG of ACB surpassing Lull and Prigioni. Totally deserved award as he has been the second most efficient player of his team (after Navarro)

http://www.marca.com/2010/05/12/balo...273662944.html

Here is the list. 3 of the top 4 are IMO future NBA players and I think that the three of them can do good

How can you say that Rubio hasnt won any award at a serious league that are not junior awards? Is not a Euroleague championship enough? An ULEB cup being with 17 years the second best player of his team isnt enough neither? If u really watched the Eurobasket, can u put me the stats of Teodosic, Spanoulis and Parker against him?

The fact is that wherever Rubio plays, his team ends winning and always being a starter and having if not the most important, a quite important role.

As individual awards, he has lots of awards too, any of them of junior tournaments.

-Led the Spanish ACB League in steals: (2007, 2009)
-Won the Spanish ACB League Rising Star Award: (2007)
-3× FIBA European Young Player of the Year: (2007, 2008, 2009) (the funny thing of this is that he won it for first time with 16 years and probably he will win it until he leaves to NBA cause its until 22 years old. He advanced 4 or 5 years ANY Fiba player of his generation
-All-Spanish ACB League Team: (2008, 2010)
-Voted the Spanish ACB League's Best Point Guard: (2008, 2010)
-Mr. Europa European Player of the Year: (2008)
-Spanish ACB League Defensive Player of the Year: (2009)
-Euroleague Rising Star: (2010)

Individual awards at age 19, and not counting his team awards (twice spanish cup champion, euroleague champion, eurobasket champion, uleb cup champion, olympic finalist...)

But according to Lakas he has no awards except junior awards. The funny thing is that I cant remember any player with more awards, nor individual nor global in history at his age

You are a delusional fan boy. You can't be taken seriously. Rudy Fernandez is totally overrated by the Spanish fan boys like you. You bragged about how great he was and now in the NBA he sucks. The same with Rubio.

No one, I mean no one with serious basketball knowledge in Europe considers either of them amongst the best European players. You are even worse than NBA fans. You take any Spanish player and make him 10 times better than he is and ANY European player that is not Spanish you make him 10 times worse than he is.

Same with European teams, Spanish and non-Spanish. Your posts are nothing but fan boy homerism and nationalist pride.

BTW I watched the Eurobasket Spain Greece game and Spanoulis easily scored anytime he wanted to on Rubio and Spain strated double teaming him with Rudy and Cabezas the same with Teodosic early in the game in the Euroleague final until he got too sick to keep playing well.

It seems that you are simply full of shit and make up lies.

Last edited by Lakas Fan Yo : 05-12-2010 at 07:21 PM.
Old 05-12-2010, 07:17 PM   #101
Lakas Fan Yo
Banned

Quote:
Barça are overrated how? This year they've made the best ACB record of history, they've won the euroleague in probably the most dominating way of the last decade, they are probably going to win all the national and continental tournaments they're in...

WTF makes them overrated? Their record this season against Real Madrid is 8-1, they won the F4 + 10 against CSKA and + 18 against Olympiakos. They won PAO both of their matches (including a +12 win in Barcelona that could have been a +25 win if they had wanted)

Concerning PAO'S injuries. Which players had they injured when they met BCN? A team riddled of injuries... Yeah and the Lakers are a team riddled of injuries too, although KB24 is playing great and Artest and Bynum are being pivotal.

The ONLY player PAO had injured was Tsartsaris, a player who has a similar importance for PAO than Jordi Trias for Barça

For you Panathinaikos are the best team in Europe right. But well, I will not take much into account as honestly you are one of the worst predictors I've ever seen.

I cant see how Barça can be overrated, when you said they didnt had a "EL winner roster" since the first round and they have wiped the floor against any rival they've had this season

Its time for you to congratulete them and to admit what is obvious, as any other normal person will do

As long as PAO wins the Greek league Barça will still be the best team of Europe. In fact winning the greek league doesnt seem very difficult. The major rival is Olympiakos, a team that Barça would win 9 out of 10 times. The rest? Maroussi a team that Barça won by +30 points AWAY and that a poor TAU trashed, Panellinios and Aris, a team that was really difficult for Valencia

They are overrated because of morons like you. You talk about them as the greatest team ever. Please...........they are not as good as the CSKA and PAO teams of recent years were.

You don't even have basic facts right either.

Fotsis was injured
Spanoulis was injured
Saras was injured
Batiste was injured
Pekovic was injured

Every single one of them played with a serious injury that they had to sit out the other games but they had to play the Euroleague games hurt because it was top 16. Every single one of them had very serious injuries when they played Barca.

It seems that you have a real penchant for twisting and manipulating the truth.

Last edited by Lakas Fan Yo : 05-12-2010 at 07:19 PM.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: