Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Brooklyn Nets Forum

Brooklyn Nets Forum Brooklyn Nets message board - Brooklyn Nets forum

Old 03-11-2010, 06:21 PM   #1
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Finally... finally... ground is broken in Brooklyn for new Nets arena.

Quote:

Bruce Ratner was there, of course. Mikhail Prokhorov wasn't but his top aides were. Jay-Z was there, of course. LeBron James wasn't but the hope is that he will be. Spike Lee and the Rev. Al Sharpton, both born in Brooklyn, were in the house. And across the street, a small group of protestors tried to drown out the proceedings, leading arena cheerleader, boro president and emcee Marty Markowitz to joke, "Sorry about the noise. Obviously disgruntled Knicks fans". The ceremony was celebratory and filled with self-promotion. Embattled Gov. David Paterson and Mayor Michael Bloomberg praised Ratner for the "thousands of jobs" he will bring the city. Paterson even revealed he's been a closet Nets fan since he lived in Long Island during the 1970's, calling the day the Nets sold Julius Erving "the worst day of my life...until I became governor". Bloomberg basically dismissed the six years of protests by saying, "No one's going to remember how long it took. They're only going to look and that it was done". But Jay-Z best summarized the tone of the event best, "We did it again, Brooklyn!"

http://www.netsdaily.com/2010/3/11/1...again-brooklyn
i'm pretty sure i'm dreaming.

i'm definitely dreaming.

someone pinch me, because i'm obviously delirious. right?
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: