Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Minnesota Timberwolves Forum

Minnesota Timberwolves Forum Minnesota Timberwolves forum - Minnesota T-Wolves message board

Old 11-06-2006, 03:39 PM   #1
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default T Wolves @ Lakers

Should be a fun one.

Randy foye needs to start doing something though.

my unbiast prediction:

It will be close. it can go either way and it wont be a blow out.

Kobe scores 25+ in this one.

Garnett gets a double double (whats new)
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 04:48 PM   #2
jrt1584
High School JV MVP

jrt1584 has an OK reputation so far

Lakers will be catching the Wolves at the right time. Wolves play @ Sacramento tonight so the Lakers will be part of a back to back and the 4th road game in 5 nights for the Wolves. But this is the NBA so there are no excuses... So first, here's my unbiased prediction. If Trenton Hassell can hold Kobe under 30 and the Wolves centers can limit the production of Bynum/Turiaf, we'll have a good shot at winning this one. Odom will get his in this game, unless the Wolves are smart and put KG on him. But then u gotta worry about KG chasing Odom all over the place and not being as effective on the offensive end in the 2nd half, so either way Odom will more than likely be very effective in this game. I think it comes down to 2 things in this game. Mike James taking advantage of the Lakers weakness at PG and Bynum/Turiaf taking advantage of the Wolves weakness at center. Whoever does a better job of doing those things will more than likely come away with the 'W'.

Now here's my biased opinion.... T-Wolves win 103-100.
jrt1584 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 05:57 PM   #3
BlockShot
I hit open 5-footers

BlockShot has an OK reputation so far

kobe dominates 3rd quarter, wolves try to come back, kobe catchs fire, somebody wins by 1-3
BlockShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 08:06 PM   #4
04mzwach
NBA sixth man of the year

04mzwach is considered somewhat cool04mzwach is considered somewhat cool04mzwach is considered somewhat cool

It all depends on what Kobe can do in this game. If we stop Kobe, we stop the Lakers. Kobe has a bad night and this game is Wolves all the way, but if you've seen the tape. Trenton Hassell can just stand there and watch Kobe shoot a jump shot and get called for a foul because he missed it. I think the Wolves take this one. If the Wolves can take tonight at Sacramento and the Lakers, I'll be not just convinced because I am convinced we are a #4 seed, but I'll be completely convinced because our team chemistry is still horrible. KG says the chemistry is there, but he knows how good the team can get once they hit that 40+ game mark. That is where the Wolves will start showing everyone what they are made of. Mark my words.
04mzwach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 08:10 PM   #5
BlockShot
I hit open 5-footers

i wanna see kobe get blocked and lose all confedance
Old 11-06-2006, 08:16 PM   #6
jrt1584
High School JV MVP

jrt1584 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04mzwach
KG says the chemistry is there, but he knows how good the team can get once they hit that 40+ game mark. That is where the Wolves will start showing everyone what they are made of. Mark my words.

Unfortunately in the West, waiting until the 40th game to show everyone what they're made of will probably be too late. Not only would it be too late for the Wolves as a team, a sluggish start to this season could also spell the end to KG's career in Minnesota. This team was together for about half of last season, the whole offseason, and now the start of this season. I'll give them 10-15 games to have whatever problems they have straightened out, namely turnovers and perimeter defense. KG has never been one to lie or anything, if he says the chemistry is there right now, then its there. But i'm not gonna wait 40 games for them to get things together, and u can bet KG isn't gonna be nearly as patient as he's been in the past. Wolves gotta put together a full season, start to finish.
jrt1584 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 09:34 PM   #7
04mzwach

04mzwach is considered somewhat cool04mzwach is considered somewhat cool04mzwach is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrt1584
Unfortunately in the West, waiting until the 40th game to show everyone what they're made of will probably be too late. Not only would it be too late for the Wolves as a team, a sluggish start to this season could also spell the end to KG's career in Minnesota. This team was together for about half of last season, the whole offseason, and now the start of this season. I'll give them 10-15 games to have whatever problems they have straightened out, namely turnovers and perimeter defense. KG has never been one to lie or anything, if he says the chemistry is there right now, then its there. But i'm not gonna wait 40 games for them to get things together, and u can bet KG isn't gonna be nearly as patient as he's been in the past. Wolves gotta put together a full season, start to finish.
I didn't mean they would struggle in the beginning. Plus it won't hurt when Foye explodes either.

Last edited by 04mzwach : 11-06-2006 at 09:38 PM.
Old 11-06-2006, 10:45 PM   #8
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlockShot
i wanna see kobe get blocked and lose all confedance

Never happens...every time he gets blocked he either swats the next player or posterizes them

But the game comes down to "can the laker gaurds play defense"

we will see how much phil uses farmar for that game.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 04:52 PM   #9
BlockShot
I hit open 5-footers

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
Never happens...every time he gets blocked he either swats the next player or posterizes them

But the game comes down to "can the laker gaurds play defense"

we will see how much phil uses farmar for that game.
i know thats why i want it to happen so badly, it'll really build up OUR confedence to mentally hurt a allstar, especially one as good as kobe
Old 11-07-2006, 06:52 PM   #10
04mzwach

Who will score more points per minute? Kobe or Foye? (I'm hoping they play Foye tonight more)

Also, Will Trenton hold Kobe to under 25 points? Trenton loves gaurding Kobe even though he shows that mean ass face all game long. Our big men have to step up and deny penetration or this game is over from the start. Kobe will absolutely rip Blount apart if KG isn't there, so I wish they would start Griffin to make sure Kobe doesn't gain early confidence.

Last edited by 04mzwach : 11-07-2006 at 06:55 PM.
Old 11-07-2006, 09:14 PM   #11
LA.MJ&KB#1
Good college starter

LA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation here

Go Lakers..... Win or lose I love the lakers...Phi has these boys ready...And personally I dont think KG mind is no longer in Minny anymore...
LA.MJ&KB#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 09:51 PM   #12
mariodeathgrip
incoherent!!!!

mariodeathgrip is considered somewhat coolmariodeathgrip is considered somewhat coolmariodeathgrip is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04mzwach
Who will score more points per minute? Kobe or Foye? (I'm hoping they play Foye tonight more)

Also, Will Trenton hold Kobe to under 25 points? Trenton loves gaurding Kobe even though he shows that mean ass face all game long. Our big men have to step up and deny penetration or this game is over from the start. Kobe will absolutely rip Blount apart if KG isn't there, so I wish they would start Griffin to make sure Kobe doesn't gain early confidence.

Griffin is one of my favorite players not on the top of my list but I love his game at time, if only Rudy T could have gotten him to sign with us!! Piss me off that he went to you guys oh well!!
mariodeathgrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 09:55 PM   #13
mariodeathgrip
incoherent!!!!

mariodeathgrip is considered somewhat coolmariodeathgrip is considered somewhat coolmariodeathgrip is considered somewhat cool

Sorry to bring this up but I truly believe if Mchale was not part of your guys organization you guys would have a championship or two by now!!
mariodeathgrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 10:48 PM   #14
04mzwach

Bynum is really impressive, wish we had him, rather have him than Madsen
Old 11-07-2006, 10:51 PM   #15
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariodeathgrip
Sorry to bring this up but I truly believe if Mchale was not part of your guys organization you guys would have a championship or two by now!!

Actually, a different way is to ask the question about how Wolves fans feel about McHale???

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: