Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 03-12-2010, 08:26 PM   #1
tamaraw08
Decent college freshman

tamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default The Clippers of the East?

Wow, 2 threads with the future Draft in mind.
Some fans would blame these rash of injuries and will look forward for the draft, wondering if they can get the next lottery pick, the bigger version of Ben Gordon or a better polished TT or who ever, the messiah, the savior who will save this team from this sorry state.
Lets examine the brief history.
This team sucked so bad they were rewarded to draft the best player in the pool, his name? Elton Brand. He was pretty good but then again they traded him for high school 7 footer Tyson Chandler. Had a bonus as they also acquired Eddy Curry via the DRAFT.
They CONTINUE to SUCK, being allowed to draft high, acquiring players like Kirk, Ben Gordon, Duhon, Noah, Gray TT etc.
Brand turned into Chandler, who was traded for PJ Brown who later on retired= wasted REWARD/a key player that is one important piece to succeed.
They lose Duhon= waste that reward/chance to be helped by him.
They sucked again and got REWARDED again by being allowed to collect the BEST player in the draft.
Paxson happily plucks Rose.
They signed Ben Wallace which they traded for the very expensive and selfish Hughes. Hughes becomes Jerome James which has logged in ZERO minutes to help this team.
They traded some good players like Nocioni for Salmons and Miller.
They lose Gordon to free agency.
Salmons gets traded for Warrick.
TT gets traded for Flip Murray, a 40% "shooting" guard.
Noah gets hurt and spreads the "injury bug". Deng and Rose get infected and the Bulls are out of the playoffs.
Paxson's heart starts beating again, checking the stats of the players of the major programs like Duke, Uconn etc.
FAns' appetite gets wet, yummy yummmy yummy, we are drafting high again.
They lose Kirk next season, possibly Deng.
A few yrs later they lose Rose, then fans again would get excited with the next draft... a vicious Clipper mentality cycle?
tamaraw08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 08:39 PM   #2
Undisputed
Devil without a cause

Undisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: The Clippers of the East?

I think you missed the fact that the Bulls are preparing for 2010 free agency with most of the moves you mentioned. The draft is a natural part of the NBA so of course fans will talk about it.
Undisputed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 08:58 PM   #3
tamaraw08
Decent college freshman

tamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undisputed
I think you missed the fact that the Bulls are preparing for 2010 free agency with most of the moves you mentioned. The draft is a natural part of the NBA so of course fans will talk about it.

about 2 weeks ago, they were 4 games above .500, there is atleast 12 games to be played, 2 games behind 8th placer and there's 2 threads re: the draft?
You see draft threads in the Lakers and Cavs board right now? What about the Heat board? or the Raptors board? Im asking bec I don't know except for the Lakers board.
tamaraw08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 09:02 PM   #4
Undisputed
Devil without a cause

Undisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamaraw08
about 2 weeks ago, they were 4 games above .500, there is atleast 12 games to be played, 2 games behind 8th placer and there's 2 threads re: the draft?
You see draft threads in the Lakers and Cavs board right now? What about the Heat board? or the Raptors board? Im asking bec I don't know except for the Lakers board.

I don't see a thread on the draft in the Clippers forum either. Who the hell cares if people want to talk about the draft? Maybe the Bulls fans here actually follow college ball more than any of the guys who post on the other team forums? Nothing wrong with talking draft, and no, the Bulls are not the Clippers of the East.
Undisputed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 12:41 AM   #5
Go Getter
Wild 100's

Go Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation here

I created the 2010 draft thread because I [specifically] wanted to know about our draft pick situation with the Bucks.

Stop trying to infer all sorts of silliness.
Go Getter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 02:54 AM   #6
Crystallas
Smile, you're on ISH

Crystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Everyone wants to dominate. They want a dynasty of some sort.

The problem is, once that dynasty is over, you're cursed for years, sometimes many decades. The higher you climb, the further you fall. Unless you manipulate or cheat the rules of nature.

The trend that the Bulls have had with lottery picks, trades, and busted pickups are no different than the majority of the NBA, also not limited to just one sport. As long as there are head-and-shoulders above all type players like LeBron and maybe Kobe, you're going to have 28 teams that DON'T have those guys.

Face the facts.
Kerr didn't want to trade Amare, West didn't want to trade Kobe, McHale wasn't going to give us KG ect ect. It's not an equal opportunity to get whoever in many ways, and its more politics and toying with ideas to play stupid psychological games with your compeditors.

Injuries are VALID excuses.

Regardless if we swap picks with Milwaukee or not, we are in outstanding off-season shape.

I'm sick and tired of hearing people call themselves fans of this team, but turn around and don't stick through the rough periods. If you hold grudges, then don't be a sports fan of any team. If you're so smart, then you should be trying out for the team, seeing that it's so easy to do. Then after you make it on the team, go win the title and don't give us any excuses to why you can't.
Crystallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 03:18 AM   #7
IN-PAX-WE-TRUST
ROSE > THAN YOU

IN-PAX-WE-TRUST is starting to rub some people the wrong wayIN-PAX-WE-TRUST is starting to rub some people the wrong way

This thread is total bullshit.. I'm sorry but the Bulls have been spending the last two seasons positioning themselves to go after a MAX player and another solid player. We have 20+ million in cap space this offseason, a top 12 pick ( which can be traded) and you pick now to panic? We're so damn close to being a 50 win team. If we spend our cap space on Bosh/Boozer/Amare and a SG like Mike Miller/another 3pt shooter then we're one of the best teams in the East. We have the cap space to put this team on the court next season.

2011 Bulls will go 50-32...........

Rose
Miller
Noah
Bosh
Deng

Hinrich
Taj

Last edited by IN-PAX-WE-TRUST : 03-13-2010 at 03:23 AM.
IN-PAX-WE-TRUST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 01:23 PM   #8
97 bulls
5-time NBA All-Star

97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystallas
Everyone wants to dominate. They want a dynasty of some sort.

The problem is, once that dynasty is over, you're cursed for years, sometimes many decades. The higher you climb, the further you fall. Unless you manipulate or cheat the rules of nature.

The trend that the Bulls have had with lottery picks, trades, and busted pickups are no different than the majority of the NBA, also not limited to just one sport. As long as there are head-and-shoulders above all type players like LeBron and maybe Kobe, you're going to have 28 teams that DON'T have those guys.

Face the facts.
Kerr didn't want to trade Amare, West didn't want to trade Kobe, McHale wasn't going to give us KG ect ect. It's not an equal opportunity to get whoever in many ways, and its more politics and toying with ideas to play stupid psychological games with your compeditors.

Injuries are VALID excuses.

Regardless if we swap picks with Milwaukee or not, we are in outstanding off-season shape.

I'm sick and tired of hearing people call themselves fans of this team, but turn around and don't stick through the rough periods. If you hold grudges, then don't be a sports fan of any team. If you're so smart, then you should be trying out for the team, seeing that it's so easy to do. Then after you make it on the team, go win the title and don't give us any excuses to why you can't.
if fans like the original poster dont complain and make excuses for everything their team does, then whats the incentive for owneship to put a contender on the court. you should be glad that the bulls have fans that hold the mnagement accountable for the sorry state that is the chicago bulls. cuz if all fans were like you, the management would be content with taking your money and putting an inferior cheap product on he floor. we as bulls fans dont want fans like you. youre the reason they do this crap year in and out.

and i could probably excuse them if they were based out of some small market city. but the number 3 tv market?????? and this is what they reward us with???????????? its sad. and youre sad
97 bulls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 01:36 PM   #9
Crystallas
Smile, you're on ISH

Crystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97 bulls
if fans like the original poster dont complain and make excuses for everything their team does, then whats the incentive for owneship to put a contender on the court. you should be glad that the bulls have fans that hold the mnagement accountable for the sorry state that is the chicago bulls. cuz if all fans were like you, the management would be content with taking your money and putting an inferior cheap product on he floor. we as bulls fans dont want fans like you. youre the reason they do this crap year in and out.

and i could probably excuse them if they were based out of some small market city. but the number 3 tv market?????? and this is what they reward us with???????????? its sad. and youre sad

So you're saying that complaining is HELPING under these specific circumstances? There is a point and time for everything, and right now if I were a quality player on this Bulls roster, and saw what the fans were saying, I would go elsewhere.
Old 03-13-2010, 01:56 PM   #10
97 bulls
5-time NBA All-Star

97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
So you're saying that complaining is HELPING under these specific circumstances? There is a point and time for everything, and right now if I were a quality player on this Bulls roster, and saw what the fans were saying, I would go elsewhere.
i think its frustration. the constant failures. the cheapness of ownership. and the fans making excuses. look at it this way, if fans turn a blind eye and deaf ear to whats going on, then what the incentive for the team to put a competitive product on the floor? and saying that complaing means your not a fan just isnt right. if i go to a restraunt that i love and the food for some reason is bad, i complain cuz i want to continue to give that restraunt my business. if i go to restraunt that i dont care about and recieve bad food and service, i just stop going.
thats the difference.

and i would tell every player on that team other than rose and noah to not let the door hit you on the way out. it was dispicable to allow dwight howard to do that to rose without any repercussions. and i guarantee that wont be the last time a team flagrant fouls rose for driving in. now that hey see theyll get away with it. and next time it may be a season ending injury. i have no respect for anybody in that organization not named rose or noah.
Old 03-13-2010, 02:03 PM   #11
Crystallas
Smile, you're on ISH

Still, you can't complain to the front office for injuries. It's not about the fans not caring, but that the organization will ignore the complaints. Can't run around making every negative into hostality. Measurments, the body can only drink so much water, until you flush all of the electrolites and die.
Old 03-13-2010, 02:12 PM   #12
97 bulls
5-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Still, you can't complain to the front office for injuries. It's not about the fans not caring, but that the organization will ignore the complaints. Can't run around making every negative into hostality. Measurments, the body can only drink so much water, until you flush all of the electrolites and die.
but like n any aspect of life, its the track record. its not like theyve been averaging 50 wins over the last 5 or 6 years. this season is gonna be lumped in with the last 12 years.
Old 03-13-2010, 02:17 PM   #13
Crystallas
Smile, you're on ISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97 bulls
but like n any aspect of life, its the track record. its not like theyve been averaging 50 wins over the last 5 or 6 years. this season is gonna be lumped in with the last 12 years.

And its not like the fans have once, through through 12 years, have sat after a loss, and said "good effort". Like my original post said. no LeBron, no Kobe, no top level superstar period. You can't complain that you're not finding gold in 94% of the world, when your stuck mining in the other 6%.

Like I said. I can sit here, and complain to you, so you try out for this team, make it on the team, and win every game, including a championship. I'll just complain and complain.
Old 03-13-2010, 02:26 PM   #14
97 bulls
5-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
And its not like the fans have once, through through 12 years, have sat after a loss, and said "good effort". Like my original post said. no LeBron, no Kobe, no top level superstar period. You can't complain that you're not finding gold in 94% of the world, when your stuck mining in the other 6%.

Like I said. I can sit here, and complain to you, so you try out for this team, make it on the team, and win every game, including a championship. I'll just complain and complain.
thats not true bro. under the scott skile regime, everybody applauded the bulls effort. he shouldve never been fired. they were known as scrappy overachievers.

and if i was capable, i would be out there trying to help the team. but knowing the bulls theyd just trade me for a 2 piece chicken dinner to save money.
Old 03-14-2010, 01:03 PM   #15
fknc
Get JJ Minutes

fknc is considered somewhat coolfknc is considered somewhat cool

The Bulls are nothing like Donald Sterling and the Clippers. This team has tried to make decisions to build a title team. Jerry Krause made some bad moves. Trading Brand for Chandler was dumb but at the time you can see what he was trying to do. He wanted two 7 footers on the floor to dominate. Neither grew into the players they could have. Jay Williams was astoundingly talented and would have been a good player. We will never know what could have been without the motorcycle injury.

The last two seasons have had one idea in mind. Draft talented players that can help now and in the future. Coming away with Rose, Johnson, and Gibson has been great. In the offseason we are going to sign a max and another talented player because of the moves the FO has made. This team is headed in the right direction.

This team has heart and not a losing mentality. Watch a game then come back and talk. These guys are leaving everything on the floor even without their best players. Against Miaimi we started 0 players that started in any of the first 10 games of the season.

Clippers of the East my ass!
fknc is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: