Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 03-14-2010, 09:42 PM   #16
tamaraw08
Decent college freshman

tamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: The Clippers of the East?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystallas
Everyone wants to dominate. They want a dynasty of some sort.

The problem is, once that dynasty is over, you're cursed for years, sometimes many decades. The higher you climb, the further you fall. Unless you manipulate or cheat the rules of nature.

The trend that the Bulls have had with lottery picks, trades, and busted pickups are no different than the majority of the NBA, also not limited to just one sport. As long as there are head-and-shoulders above all type players like LeBron and maybe Kobe, you're going to have 28 teams that DON'T have those guys.

Face the facts.
Kerr didn't want to trade Amare, West didn't want to trade Kobe, McHale wasn't going to give us KG ect ect. It's not an equal opportunity to get whoever in many ways, and its more politics and toying with ideas to play stupid psychological games with your compeditors.

Injuries are VALID excuses.

Regardless if we swap picks with Milwaukee or not, we are in outstanding off-season shape.

I'm sick and tired of hearing people call themselves fans of this team, but turn around and don't stick through the rough periods. If you hold grudges, then don't be a sports fan of any team. If you're so smart, then you should be trying out for the team, seeing that it's so easy to do. Then after you make it on the team, go win the title and don't give us any excuses to why you can't.

Injuries are part of EVERY teams situations. KG goes down last season, Yao this year and you see thier respective teams COMPETE.
If you are inferring that I call myself a fan and that Im bailing out on them then you are sadly mistaken. Infact
Im VERY FRUSTRATED AND APPALLED that fans are already looking at the draft when there's about 15 games to be PLAYED.
im afraid some of you are TOTALLY missing the point.
I question the DEFEATED attitude of the fans, talking about the "draft day" that will happen in JUNE, 3 freaking months from now when the Bulls are just 3games behind 8th place. Noah goes down and the bulls world crumbled.
Im sick of the Bulls team sucking most of the great talent from the draft pool the past 8 years, getting atleast 8 lottery picks and their greatest achievement is ONE 2nd round playoff appearance.
If you brand me a fake fan bec I think THEY CAN WIN with what they have right now, then so be it.
YOu talk about them being cursed bec of thier past success? Yeah tell that to the Yankees or the Lakers or the Steelers fans.
Chicago is the 3 largest market team, they have the money, there is a system in the league where they REWARD you for sucking by giving you lottery picks, Bulls have taken FULLY advantage of that and still continue to SUCK and give up bec of ONE freaking injury.
Noah goes down, they lose successive games, and now Deng is hurt? Now Rose is hurt? Now the fans talk about the draft?
Im disgusted with the owner bec he refuse to hire the BEST coach available, signs a rookie coach who never even had any experience assisting a head coach, then NOT putting him in a positon to succeed by employing PROVEN assistants.
ok...im soooooory for being frustrated and believing that this team can still win enough games to be in the playoffs if only they don't give up. Yeah im the bad guy for refusing to give up.

Last edited by tamaraw08 : 03-14-2010 at 09:49 PM.
tamaraw08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 09:58 PM   #17
tamaraw08
Decent college freshman

tamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by IN-PAX-WE-TRUST
This thread is total bullshit.. I'm sorry but the Bulls have been spending the last two seasons positioning themselves to go after a MAX player and another solid player. We have 20+ million in cap space this offseason, a top 12 pick ( which can be traded) and you pick now to panic? We're so damn close to being a 50 win team. If we spend our cap space on Bosh/Boozer/Amare and a SG like Mike Miller/another 3pt shooter then we're one of the best teams in the East. We have the cap space to put this team on the court next season.

2011 Bulls will go 50-32...........

Rose
Miller
Noah
Bosh
Deng

Hinrich
Taj
you are missing my point. Yes I know that they are in a pretty good situation to sign a great FA next summer but Im referring to
a. the fans too focussed on the draft when the team is STILL in the hunt for a playoff spot.
b. The team's OVERALL defeated attitude. Lack of fire and effort, not playing through injuries. Deng is hurt again, are you kidding me? Rose goes down too with a wrist injury when he just made a free throw?
It's ironic that one of the few who still believes they can still win enough games if only they COMPETE, getting blow out of the court in the first half is just flat out wrong.
This attitude is that of the Clippers for many years and is STILL happening now. "Hey lets suck and we get a great player out of college"
Old 03-14-2010, 10:06 PM   #18
97 bulls
5-time NBA All-Star

97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamaraw08
you are missing my point. Yes I know that they are in a pretty good situation to sign a great FA next summer but Im referring to
a. the fans too focussed on the draft when the team is STILL in the hunt for a playoff spot.
b. The team's OVERALL defeated attitude. Lack of fire and effort, not playing through injuries. Deng is hurt again, are you kidding me? Rose goes down too with a wrist injury when he just made a free throw?
It's ironic that one of the few who still believes they can still win enough games if only they COMPETE, getting blow out of the court in the first half is just flat out wrong.
This attitude is that of the Clippers for many years and is STILL happening now. "Hey lets suck and we get a great player out of college"
i agree with you. i just think its dispicable what management has done over the last 10 years. and its the talk from fans about the draft like its the nba finals that is so frustrating. why excuse the front office? if we are not the clippers of the east, then tell me the difference. id make the argument that we are worse than the clippers as a program considering the positions weve been in over the years.
97 bulls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 10:22 PM   #19
tamaraw08
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97 bulls
if fans like the original poster dont complain and make excuses for everything their team does, then whats the incentive for owneship to put a contender on the court. you should be glad that the bulls have fans that hold the mnagement accountable for the sorry state that is the chicago bulls. cuz if all fans were like you, the management would be content with taking your money and putting an inferior cheap product on he floor. we as bulls fans dont want fans like you. youre the reason they do this crap year in and out.

and i could probably excuse them if they were based out of some small market city. but the number 3 tv market?????? and this is what they reward us with???????????? its sad. and youre sad

atleast there's one poster who understands my point.
I mentioned the Bulls and the clippers in one sentence and everyone goes ballistic, questioning my feelings about the bulls.
Im not saying they should be beating the elites, but for petes sake getting clobbered every night?
I see the Bucks competing hard after they lose their most proven scorer in Redd. Who do they have again? Mbah BMoute? Ilyasoba? Delfino? Are you freaking kidding me? I watch the Bobcats play hard with who? Gerald Wallace and a bunch of players who wouldn't crack a starting job elsewhere.
A team with the 3rd largest market and they couldn't hire the best available coach, or atleast acquire a top notched assistant that can support their rookie coach.
Old 03-14-2010, 10:47 PM   #20
97 bulls
5-time NBA All-Star

97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
atleast there's one poster who understands my point.
I mentioned the Bulls and the clippers in one sentence and everyone goes ballistic, questioning my feelings about the bulls.
Im not saying they should be beating the elites, but for petes sake getting clobbered every night?
I see the Bucks competing hard after they lose their most proven scorer in Redd. Who do they have again? Mbah BMoute? Ilyasoba? Delfino? Are you freaking kidding me? I watch the Bobcats play hard with who? Gerald Wallace and a bunch of players who wouldn't crack a starting job elsewhere.
A team with the 3rd largest market and they couldn't hire the best available coach, or atleast acquire a top notched assistant that can support their rookie coach.
actually, looking back on that post i regret the direct attack on crys. he just as big a fan as me. just in a different way.
97 bulls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 12:17 AM   #21
tamaraw08
Decent college freshman

Quote:
actually, looking back on that post i regret the direct attack on crys. he just as big a fan as me. just in a different way.

chrys is one of the classiest posters here. I don't know why he was the ONE who STARTED doubting my affection for this team, hinting I have given up, that I claim I know it all etc.
We are all frustrated, it makes it worse for me if I see fans just look forward on the draft, making excuses that they are losing, NOT COMPETEING BEC. One of two players are hurt etc. When I really feel they should be diving for looseballs and PLAYING HARD ETC.
Old 03-15-2010, 12:17 AM   #22
tamaraw08
Decent college freshman

Quote:

chrys is one of the classiest posters here. I don't know why he was the ONE who STARTED doubting my affection for this team, hinting I have given up, that I claim I know it all etc.
We are all frustrated, it makes it worse for me if I see fans just look forward on the draft, making excuses that they are losing, NOT COMPETEING BEC. One of two players are hurt etc. When I really feel they should be diving for looseballs and PLAYING HARD ETC.
Old 03-15-2010, 12:45 AM   #23
Undisputed
Devil without a cause

Undisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

So you don't like fans that look ahead to better things? I guess it's much cooler to be like you and just whine about things that can't/won't get changed this season. Get over it. No one has control over what these guys do on the court. The 'excuses' are legitimate. You need a lot more than playing hard to win games in the NBA, you need talent and/or chemistry. The Bulls are short on talent and with guys in and out of the line-up, it's hard to stay in a rhythm. Go ahead, be miserable and dwell on all of the problems, just don't expect every fan to follow. To me, it makes it worse to see fans being miserable crybabies, not talking about the draft or making 'excuses'. I'm sure that goes for most here also.

Quote:
if fans like the original poster dont complain and make excuses for everything their team does, then whats the incentive for owneship to put a contender on the court. you should be glad that the bulls have fans that hold the mnagement accountable for the sorry state that is the chicago bulls. cuz if all fans were like you, the management would be content with taking your money and putting an inferior cheap product on he floor. we as bulls fans dont want fans like you. youre the reason they do this crap year in and out.

People who b*tch and moan on a message board don't make any difference. Don't act like Bulls fans aren't always harping on the management.

It's pretty hard to discuss ball with a bunch of complainers who get offended by anything other than complaining. No fan at fault for the Bulls struggling since the dynasty was broken up. That's a really ignorant thing to say.

Even if you guys stood outside the UC and protested, you would make no difference. Let alone on a message board.
Undisputed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 12:54 AM   #24
Crystallas
Smile, you're on ISH

Crystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Oh no, I didn't doubt your Bull-love, I didn't doubt either of you guys LOL.

Just when someone compares a team that is trying this hard to break out of funks, curses, and whatever bad-mojo voo doo you want to call this season, to truly bad teams, like the Clippers. I get on edge. Especially since there are 24 other teams that have not won a NBA championship since the Bulls have last done it. Certainly not Clippers or Cubs territory(even though the Cubs have been spending a ton and still fail.)

I come here to talk Bulls basketball. I fully accept anyone who wants to bring on logical debate. Thats the best part of an open forum. I'm not always right, but I'll defend my thoughts, and everyone should do the same until they think otherwise. We are all good :) I like the Bulls fans here, and I get a laugh out of eeeeebro's half baked comments, and I love that most everyone gets that too.

I still think VDN has done more than an acceptable job, I still think having the plethora of injuries is a valid reason for the skid, and I still think a dominant SG will do more for us than a dominant PF(but that is based more on what is available.)
I also think we can still make the playoffs if Rose and Deng can be 85%+ for the rest of the season.
I think this draft class is weak, and Milwaukee could swap it, and I don't think the end result will be that noticable for us(even though I like our scouts a hell of a lot better than Milwaukee's.)
Crystallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 12:29 PM   #25
ljsbb27
Local High School Star

ljsbb27 is popular on this boardljsbb27 is popular on this boardljsbb27 is popular on this boardljsbb27 is popular on this board

It's completely understandable for us to all be frustrated with the current state of our Bulls. We are all Bulls fans or we wouldn't be on here sharing our thoughts about the team, the players performances, the games and everthing else. We each have our own unique way of showing our frustration as well. And I know that even I have different ways of expressing my anger towards the team depending on my mood at the time. But it all comes down to the simple fact that we want our team to win and be the best that they can be. We just have to look back and be realistic with our views and be able to look at both the good and the bad. We have to feel good about the positives but at the same time we can't ignore the negatives. It's going to be a really tough stretch and we're just going to have to hang in there. Sure, we would all love to get into the playoffs but that may not be possible. I agree with the fact that I don't want to just see our guys give up and just let the other teams take our playoff spot, but if we're losing close games because our guys aren't healthy and we don't have a full squad then we just have to accept it and move on. Look at the bright spots and try to improve any which way we can. I don't know if the posts referring to fans already looking forward to the draft was directed towards me or not, but I dont think that indicates giving up on the season. This is a open forum. We're here to discuss everything to do with Bulls basketball. I didn't give up on the season then and I'm not now. But the draft isn't something you ignore. It's something that is going to come along and something that definately can make a difference. Where would we be this year without Taj or JJ? I wasn't overlooking the games we are having now or forgetting that we are still battling for a playoff spot. But i dont see why we have to ignore the draft and not talk about it at all. Everything can be talked about. I'm going to enjoy watching March Madness and analyzing the guys I can see in Bulls uniforms and thinking which would help out our team and fit in nicely. But i will still follow my Bulls just as much as always, still root them on every single game, get mad as hell when they lose, and go out and be happy and celebrate the wins. Let's go BULLS!!!!!
ljsbb27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 05:46 PM   #26
tamaraw08
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undisputed
So you don't like fans that look ahead to better things? I guess it's much cooler to be like you and just whine about things that can't/won't get changed this season. Get over it. No one has control over what these guys do on the court. The 'excuses' are legitimate. You need a lot more than playing hard to win games in the NBA, you need talent and/or chemistry. The Bulls are short on talent and with guys in and out of the line-up, it's hard to stay in a rhythm. Go ahead, be miserable and dwell on all of the problems, just don't expect every fan to follow. To me, it makes it worse to see fans being miserable crybabies, not talking about the draft or making 'excuses'. I'm sure that goes for most here also. don't make any difference
People who b*tch and moan on a message board . Don't act like Bulls fans aren't always harping on the management. It's pretty hard to discuss ball with a bunch of complainers who get offended by anything other than complaining. No fan at fault for the Bulls struggling since the dynasty was broken up. That's a really ignorant thing to say.

Even if you guys stood outside the UC and protested, you would make no difference. Let alone on a message board.

So you don't b!tch and moan at all? You want to go back to your old posts esp after bad losses to the Nets etc etc etc?
yeah If i do it, it's you are a fool to complain bec you can't CONTROL anything they do. So when you b!tch and moan, you have some influence on the team? I still remember one time when you went to this board and accused Vinny of cuddling a player who made a very stupid play in the last posession. So it's ok for your to whine about that eh?
I thought this board is about sharing ideas, yes, I use it too as a tool to decompress and express my frustration on the team..aint we all?
If I offended anybody, I apologize, it just seems to me that most of the team has given up. The scores of the teams they have faced in the last 7 games have SOARED as compared to the previous 50 games or so...JUST LIKE THE Clippers who ALSO have rolled over and die. Its probably going to be comical if they play each other tonight?
Baron is late for the shoot around so his back up starts and tries to look for Rose but he's no where to be found.
there's a loose ball and both Flip Murray and Eric Gordon stands there and looks at the ball and shrugs. oh well.
7 straight losses and the smallest margin was 9..vs the Memphis who played back to back on the road.
Old 03-15-2010, 06:49 PM   #27
Undisputed
Devil without a cause

Undisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
So you don't b!tch and moan at all? You want to go back to your old posts esp after bad losses to the Nets etc etc etc?
yeah If i do it, it's you are a fool to complain bec you can't CONTROL anything they do. So when you b!tch and moan, you have some influence on the team? I still remember one time when you went to this board and accused Vinny of cuddling a player who made a very stupid play in the last posession. So it's ok for your to whine about that eh?
I thought this board is about sharing ideas, yes, I use it too as a tool to decompress and express my frustration on the team..aint we all?

Complaining is fine, but if that's all you do, it's annoying. That's all you have been doing here lately. When I complain, I don't get offended by things that don't involve bitching about how bad things are. You on the other hand go on with "DON'T TALK ABOUT THE DRAFT! YOU'RE CONTENT WITH LOSING! STOP MAKING EXCUSES EVEN THOUGH THE THREE BEST PLAYER ARE OUT" and people are supposed to respond well? You're just throwing a fit. Express your thoughts, just don't lash out on fans talking basketball related things in the process.

Quote:
7 straight losses and the smallest margin was 9..vs the Memphis who played back to back on the road.
Injuries, man. Whether you want to accept it or not, injury is the undoing. With this roster, you can't hope to survive losing the only thing you're good at, which is rebounding and defense. The Bulls lost their best rebounders/defenders in Luol and Noah and now Rose has missed time, considering the "supporting cast", don't expect to win games. All the heart and effort these guys can give just isn't enough without our top 3 players not being 100%.

Last edited by Undisputed : 03-15-2010 at 07:12 PM.
Old 03-15-2010, 08:24 PM   #28
tamaraw08
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljsbb27
It's completely understandable for us to all be frustrated with the current state of our Bulls. We are all Bulls fans or we wouldn't be on here sharing our thoughts about the team, the players performances, the games and everthing else. We each have our own unique way of showing our frustration as well. And I know that even I have different ways of expressing my anger towards the team depending on my mood at the time. But it all comes down to the simple fact that we want our team to win and be the best that they can be. We just have to look back and be realistic with our views and be able to look at both the good and the bad. We have to feel good about the positives but at the same time we can't ignore the negatives. It's going to be a really tough stretch and we're just going to have to hang in there. Sure, we would all love to get into the playoffs but that may not be possible. I agree with the fact that I don't want to just see our guys give up and just let the other teams take our playoff spot, but if we're losing close games because our guys aren't healthy and we don't have a full squad then we just have to accept it and move on. Look at the bright spots and try to improve any which way we can. I don't know if the posts referring to fans already looking forward to the draft was directed towards me or not, but I dont think that indicates giving up on the season. This is a open forum. We're here to discuss everything to do with Bulls basketball. I didn't give up on the season then and I'm not now. But the draft isn't something you ignore. It's something that is going to come along and something that definately can make a difference. Where would we be this year without Taj or JJ? I wasn't overlooking the games we are having now or forgetting that we are still battling for a playoff spot. But i dont see why we have to ignore the draft and not talk about it at all. Everything can be talked about. I'm going to enjoy watching March Madness and analyzing the guys I can see in Bulls uniforms and thinking which would help out our team and fit in nicely. But i will still follow my Bulls just as much as always, still root them on every single game, get mad as hell when they lose, and go out and be happy and celebrate the wins. Let's go BULLS!!!!!
great post once again lsjbb. Once again I apologize to anybody that got offended by this thread I started.
Quite frankly, I didn't even read those threadS about the draft so I don't have any idea who posted on it. Im not saying that if any poster joined that thread, that they have given up and have a loser's (clipper) fan mentality.
I was frustrated and very sick and tired of the team's play. When I checked at some of the games box scores, they got outscoured in every quarter, winning only the 4th quarter when the outcome was settled.
Those games I saw, I didn't see them dive for loose balls, giving up so many easy shots, it seems like their feet were nailed to the floor or that they have the flu or something.
I am sorry if I took it on the other fans that seemed to me has given up on the season. Bulls have basically sucked a lot of very good players from the draft and see them give up like this ..AGAIN is. just flat out wrong IMO.
Some fans easily points out to injuries, again, I pointed out some teams who has some injuries too and yet they don't get OUTWORKED like this. They fight and COMPETE, scatch and claw etc. I have reservations about Deng's and Rose's injuries too.
Old 03-15-2010, 11:06 PM   #29
Undisputed
Devil without a cause

Quote:

I have reservations about Deng's and Rose's injuries too.

What are your reservations on that?
Old 03-16-2010, 05:24 PM   #30
tamaraw08
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undisputed
What are your reservations on that?

Deng has a long history of injuries, some of which are questionable, particularly his "long" period of recoveries and some instances that he could have played through it.
Rose fell down after a hard contact with Howard. He picked himself up, missed a FT then made his 2nd shot then came out. If he truly sprained that wrist, he probably would have left the court after hitting the floor and not after sinking that last FT.
It's easy to feel that pain esp after 5 very bad losses, you look in the bench and you see your comrades in their nice suits, sitting on those cushy chairs and you ask yourself, why am i killing myself here, getting embarrased by myself playing with bums like Flip Murray and Richards. Yes, I have reservations. If this is kobe falling down, in the heat of the playoff race, he would play through it.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: