Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Oklahoma City Thunder Forum

Oklahoma City Thunder Forum Oklahoma City Thunder forum - OKC Thunder message board

Old 08-01-2009, 04:39 PM   #1
RocketGreatness
Banned

RocketGreatness has an incredible reputation hereRocketGreatness has an incredible reputation hereRocketGreatness has an incredible reputation hereRocketGreatness has an incredible reputation hereRocketGreatness has an incredible reputation hereRocketGreatness has an incredible reputation hereRocketGreatness has an incredible reputation hereRocketGreatness has an incredible reputation here
Default Oklahoma City Thunder signs Kevin Ollie

http://www.newsok.com/oklahoma-city-...dline_nba-news
Quote:
The Thunder has signed veteran point guard Kevin Ollie.

Terms of the deal are unclear, but the contract likely is a one-year deal for the 36-year-old journeyman. The veteran’s minimum in 2009-10 for a player with 10-plus years of experience is $1,306,455.

“We are excited to welcome Kevin Ollie to Oklahoma City,” said Thunder general manager Sam Presti through a statement. “He brings experience, leadership and professionalism to our team as we continue to develop our roster on and off the floor.”

I agree, I hope he does well and teaches one of my favorite PGs Russell Westbrook something.

(EDITED: Do not post full articles. Just a brief portion of an article.)

Last edited by insidehoops : 08-01-2009 at 05:52 PM.
RocketGreatness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 05:00 PM   #2
sixerfan3511
Local High School Star

sixerfan3511 has decent reputation
Default Re: Oklahoma City Thunder signs Kevin Ollie

Good signing. He's a capable 3rd point guard and is a great locker room guy. He's been a big time journeyman for his career, but he's carved out a nice one for himself. Good for him.
sixerfan3511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 05:18 PM   #3
RocketGreatness
Banned

RocketGreatness has an incredible reputation hereRocketGreatness has an incredible reputation hereRocketGreatness has an incredible reputation hereRocketGreatness has an incredible reputation hereRocketGreatness has an incredible reputation hereRocketGreatness has an incredible reputation hereRocketGreatness has an incredible reputation hereRocketGreatness has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixerfan3511
Good signing. He's a capable 3rd point guard and is a great locker room guy. He's been a big time journeyman for his career, but he's carved out a nice one for himself. Good for him.
I agree, I hope he does well and teaches one of my favorite PGs Russell Westbrook something.
Old 08-01-2009, 05:49 PM   #4
Big One
Local High School Star

Big One has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketGreatness

who'd wana learn from this scrub?

whats he gona teach westbrook? best way to warm the last seat on the bench?
Big One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 05:56 PM   #5
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big One

He's a veteran. He probably knows a thing or two, even if he wasn't particularly good at it himself.
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 05:57 PM   #6
RocketGreatness
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by insidehoops
He's a veteran. He probably knows a thing or two, even if he wasn't particularly good at it himself.
Yes, he's also had Playoff experience when he played in the 76ers alongside Allen Iverson. Thunder have enough talent to make the playoffs with Kevin Durant, Jeff Green and Russell Westbrook. They'll need more big bodies, but in a few years they'll be contenders. Plus, I believe Ollie is actually a solid defender and could teach Russ a few things.
Old 08-01-2009, 06:34 PM   #7
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Posterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big One

Shooting and athletic ability held KO back from having a great career. But one of the worst parts about Westbrook's game is his turnovers, and KO is great at limiting turnovers and running an offense. He's a decent defender too, he's got a career in coaching ahead of him. He'll basically serve as a player/coach in OKC.
Posterize246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 06:34 PM   #8
Lamar Doom
Fresh Kid Turned Rotten

Lamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketGreatness
Thunder have enough talent to make the playoffs with Kevin Durant, Jeff Green and Russell Westbrook.

I like the Thunder quite a bit, they were one of my favorite league pass teams to watch this season, but that's a stretch.
Lamar Doom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 07:53 PM   #9
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Posterize246
Shooting and athletic ability held KO back from having a great career. But one of the worst parts about Westbrook's game is his turnovers, and KO is great at limiting turnovers and running an offense. He's a decent defender too, he's got a career in coaching ahead of him. He'll basically serve as a player/coach in OKC.

Agreed with all that. Really liked him in his short Indy stint.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 01:21 AM   #10
Lamar Doom
Fresh Kid Turned Rotten

Lamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Re: I think the thunder could make the playoffs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamar Doom
I like the Thunder quite a bit, they were one of my favorite league pass teams to watch this season, but that's a stretch.

I'm a dumb ass.
Lamar Doom is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: