Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 03-14-2010, 03:54 PM   #136
imdaman99
Knicks all da way

imdaman99 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterimdaman99 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterimdaman99 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterimdaman99 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterimdaman99 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterimdaman99 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterimdaman99 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterimdaman99 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterimdaman99 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterimdaman99 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: John Wall 9 pts, 6 reb, 4 ast against Tennessee in the first half

Quote:
Originally Posted by PleezeBelieve
People will sag off this guy gor his whope career. HE CAN'T SHOOT.
neither could lebron out of HS. good job though man. whats your personal beef with Wall? you know Lebron loves him right? shouldnt you follow everything your idol does? i dont get you man.
imdaman99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 03:55 PM   #137
LebrickJames84'
High School Varsity 12th Man

LebrickJames84' has decent reputation
Default John Wall is the improved version of Rajon Rondo nothing more.

The only reason he gets so much attention is because his team is so stacked they keep winning games and youtube highlights. Not even the best player on his team that's how good they are. 28-2. Wall goes to a school like UCONN or something with a pretty good record he isn't getting ESPN hype.

Anybody that watches him it because painfully clear that he really is just an improved version of Rajon Rondo as the great PleezeBelieve points out. We just don't want to believe that we want him to be the next Magic Johnson. The guy has yet to put up any great statistically games in college.

Right now and all he will be is an improved version of Rajon Rondo. He shoots competently to the point where you don't sag 7 ft off him in the halfcourt, just as fast, taller, stronger, just as athletic etc. Rondo is averaging 14 points and 10 assists right now. I see Wall averaging 17 or 18 points and 7-9 assists throughout most of his career. Not the next Magic Johnson
LebrickJames84' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 03:59 PM   #138
imdaman99
Knicks all da way

imdaman99 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterimdaman99 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterimdaman99 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterimdaman99 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterimdaman99 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterimdaman99 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterimdaman99 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterimdaman99 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterimdaman99 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterimdaman99 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: John Wall is the improved version of Rajon Rondo nothing more.

its not always easy to put up these stats that everyone lives on in college basketball. michael jordan didn't exactly average 30 at UNC you know? whats wrong with an improved version of rondo? wall plays great D and leads a helluva fast break and can pass as well. if he can work on his shot because i think he can to the extent that rondo can't, than thats fine.
imdaman99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 04:00 PM   #139
SourPatchKids
Banned

SourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Well considering that Rajon Rondo is a very good player i think Wall can be great. He has a sweet jumper unlike Rondo and can be very clutch( he hit a game winner in his first game for Kentucky). If the nets draft him and land lebron then we can be seeing a championship New Jersey team.
SourPatchKids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 04:01 PM   #140
Rekindled
Pringles Reborn

Rekindled posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryRekindled posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryRekindled posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by imdaman99
its not always easy to put up these stats that everyone lives on in college basketball. michael jordan didn't exactly average 30 at UNC you know? whats wrong with an improved version of rondo? wall plays great D and leads a helluva fast break and can pass as well. if he can work on his shot because i think he can to the extent that rondo can't, than thats fine.

major fail, most people projected him to be the no.1 pick in this year's draft, before he even committed to kentucky, there was talk about him skipping college to enter last year's draft which he still would be a top 3 pick.
Rekindled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 04:05 PM   #141
TimeConfidence

Considering the fact that Rondo is arguably a Top 5 PG, I guess Wall is Top 3.
Old 03-14-2010, 04:10 PM   #142
NoGunzJustSkillz

NoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rekindled
major fail, most people projected him to be the no.1 pick in this year's draft, before he even committed to kentucky, there was talk about him skipping college to enter last year's draft which he still would be a top 3 pick.
where exactly was the major fail?
NoGunzJustSkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 04:13 PM   #143
LebrickJames84'

Quote:
Originally Posted by imdaman99

Jordan averged 20 ppg 5.5 rebs on 53% FG his sophomore season. Bob Knight even said in the summer of 84' before Jordan NBA career started. That at the Olympics practices Jordan was better than any player he had ever seen before including Larry and Bird.

Anybody with eyes can tell you John Wall isn't even anywhere as close to be as good as advertised. In a non statistically approach. I was expected more than improved version of Rondo. ( which is no easy feat). I was expecting a Magic Johnson type of impact player at the point guard position. This guy will never be the best PG in the NBA. He may not even be top 3 pg in NBA ever with Chris Paul,Deron Wiliams being so young. Then you have really young players whoo are clearly better than him like Derrick Rose,Tyreke Evans, and Russell Westbrook.

Watching Wall live is almost as disappointing as when i first watched Ricky Rubio at the Olympics. It really is on that level.
Old 03-14-2010, 04:16 PM   #144
Johnni Gade
High School Starter

Johnni Gade has no real reputation yet.

An improved Rondo would be nice?
Johnni Gade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 04:16 PM   #145
BIG FURB
Serious playground baller

BIG FURB has an OK reputation so far

Everytime PB has something negative to say about Wall the guy does something special in a game to make him look stupid, hilarious
BIG FURB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 04:20 PM   #146
Johnni Gade
High School Starter

Johnni Gade has no real reputation yet.

everybody hypes this guy
Johnni Gade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 04:27 PM   #147
BIG FURB
Serious playground baller

BIG FURB has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by LebrickJames84'
Jordan averged 20 ppg 5.5 rebs on 53% FG his sophomore season. Bob Knight even said in the summer of 84' before Jordan NBA career started. That at the Olympics practices Jordan was better than any player he had ever seen before including Larry and Bird.

Anybody with eyes can tell you John Wall isn't even anywhere as close to be as good as advertised. In a non statistically approach. I was expected more than improved version of Rondo. ( which is no easy feat). I was expecting a Magic Johnson type of impact player at the point guard position. This guy will never be the best PG in the NBA. He may not even be top 3 pg in NBA ever with Chris Paul,Deron Wiliams being so young. Then you have really young players whoo are clearly better than him like Derrick Rose,Tyreke Evans, and Russell Westbrook.

Watching Wall live is almost as disappointing as when i first watched Ricky Rubio at the Olympics. It really is on that level.

I'm not quite sure what the point of comparing Jordan as a sophomore to Wall as a Freshman is, but the kid was touted as a program changer and so far he's led his team to a SEC conference championship, a 32-2 record, all while averaging 17/6/4 and picking up SEC player of the year honours along the way (all as a damn freshman). Sorry you expected Jesus with a Ball, but most rational people just expected a great basketball player, which is what he is
BIG FURB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 04:32 PM   #148
LebrickJames84'

Default Re: John Wall Nasty Upside

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnceInADECADE
the nets better hope they get the first pick of this year draft. the top prospect john wall is amazing this guy is as fast as derrick rose he has good court vision he a great leader and the best thing about him is his ability to take over games like what derrick rose did in memphis and chi town and what tyreke evans did in memphis. Wall is a stud this guy can be the best point in the nba like in 3 years if he works on his shooting. his height, speed and hoops put him in a rare category among points guards

Wall is no Derrick Rose.
I am not even convinced he is better than Stephen Curry who is averaging 16/4/5 as a rookie
Old 03-14-2010, 04:38 PM   #149
LebrickJames84'

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG FURB
I'm not quite sure what the point of comparing Jordan as a sophomore to Wall as a Freshman is, but the kid was touted as a program changer and so far he's led his team to a SEC conference championship, a 32-2 record, all while averaging 17/6/4 and picking up SEC player of the year honours along the way (all as a damn freshman). Sorry you expected Jesus with a Ball, but most rational people just expected a great basketball player, which is what he is

Yes, I agree that he is an exceptional great basketball talent, with rare ability. ( Rajon Rondo is the also really rare)
I dont except Jesus. I didn't expect Michael Jordan. I did expect from what everybody said all the hype that he would be the next

and he is no where close, probably wont even be a top 3 PG a any point in the NBA.
Old 03-14-2010, 04:40 PM   #150
TheTruth11
High School JV MVP

TheTruth11 is starting to rub some people the wrong wayTheTruth11 is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Re: John Wall Nasty Upside

Quote:
Originally Posted by LebrickJames84'
Wall is no Derrick Rose.
I am not even convinced he is better than Stephen Curry who is averaging 16/4/5 as a rookie

Totally agree. Wall is waaay overrated.

Can't shoot.... can't finish.... not nearly as athletic as he is made out to be.... and he has zero game in the half court set.

Evan Turner > John Wall

And Derrick Rose is far more explosive than Wall.
TheTruth11 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: