Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 03-15-2010, 09:15 PM   #1
v-unit
NBA All-star

v-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default How do I dress up for a "rock 'n roll" themed party?

Google search fails (for once). I can find a few things through google but it's very over the top a la tight leather pants, make up, or emo clothing. I want something that I can look good in but still fit the theme...

Has anyone ever been to a rock and roll themed party and if so what did you wear/see people wear?

EDIT-Just found fake tattoo sleeves. Shit looks amazing
v-unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 09:16 PM   #2
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: How do I dress up for a "rock 'n roll" themed party?

What era? Are you going for now? 90's/80's/70's?
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 09:17 PM   #3
kwajo
Missing Since 2009

kwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation here

Bowl-cut Beatles era suit
kwajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 09:19 PM   #4
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

If you're going for the classic look, you need the following:

long hair
mutton-chops
chest hair
one of your mom's old blouses
skin tight jeans
white platform shoes
heroin track-marks

and you're golden.
Old 03-15-2010, 09:19 PM   #5
v-unit
NBA All-star

v-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete's montreux
What era? Are you going for now? 90's/80's/70's?

Hmm good question. I'm not really sure but I'm assuming 80's and 90's...I think it's going to be like stand out, cliche rock clothing like punk and hard rock, etc. I'm planning on getting a mohawk, maybe getting a fake tattoo sleeve, a bandana to tie around my head, but what else? I have some old jeans I can rip up and aren't baggy at all.
Old 03-15-2010, 09:23 PM   #6
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

If you're going for 80's, you'll basically have to dress like a woman. 90's? Grunge look:

semi-long hair
11 o'clock shadow
old t-shirt
long sleeved button down flannel shirt
old fading levi's with knee holes
sketcher-like sneakers
Old 03-15-2010, 09:24 PM   #7
kwajo
Missing Since 2009

kwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation here

This is the real 80s

kwajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 09:25 PM   #8
Kensta
National High School Star

Kensta is a pretty well-respected posterKensta is a pretty well-respected posterKensta is a pretty well-respected poster

Metallica shirt and some Wrangler jeans.
Kensta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 09:25 PM   #9
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

Do it.
Old 03-15-2010, 09:27 PM   #10
sixerfan82
College star

sixerfan82 is starting to rub some people the wrong waysixerfan82 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

roll in with 2 girls on each arm, a bottle of liquor, and ur all set

it helps if you have ripped jeans
sixerfan82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 09:28 PM   #11
v-unit
NBA All-star

Good stuff. Where can I buy some of these for cheap? Do you think those large dolalr stores have any clothing like that?
Old 03-15-2010, 09:29 PM   #12
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Jackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Don't forget to trash the house.
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 09:30 PM   #13
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I have a sleeveless union jack shirt, pleather pants, and well I've already got the hair.
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 09:32 PM   #14
ProfessorMurder
I am your soldier!

ProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Flannel shirt, tshirt, jeans, converse = grunge
ProfessorMurder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 09:35 PM   #15
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

1950s greaser would actually be the true 'classic' look. It is pretty easy to pull off, too. Just get yourself a white t-shirt, leather jacket, semi-tight jeans with a classic belt and maybe a pair of black boots... Classic sunglasses would also apply.

Then, throw some shiny product in your hair and do one of those slick flips. Put a cigarette above your ear and you're golden.

Last edited by RedBlackAttack : 03-15-2010 at 09:38 PM.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: