Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Cleveland Cavaliers Forum

Cleveland Cavaliers Forum Cleveland cavaliers message board - cleveland cavaliers fan forum

Old 03-18-2010, 06:20 PM   #1
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

Default What will Mike Brown do to the rotation come playoff time?

Who stays/who sits/how do the minutes get divided?

Alot of guys are making a strong case for getting a decent role this postseason, but as everyone knows, it's customary for teams to shorten their rotations come playoff time.

When Shaq comes back, and assuming Z comes back, we have a glut of other big men (Jamison/Andy/Hickson/Powe) that all have a case for being a big part of the postseason plans. You assume that Andy and Jamison will, but what about Hickson and Powe? Where do they fit in?

Backcourt, you got guys like Moon/West/Williams/Gibson. Something has to give. If we have a strict 7/8 man playoff rotation, someone is gonna get shafted.

How would you divide up minutes come playoff time? I think you have to give Shaq and Z each roughly 24 MPG. Jamison will demand big minutes at the 4, but damn, Andy has been playing so well. What's gonna give? Part of it, of course, will be matchups. As for the backcourt, I hope West gets most of the backup SG minutes. Gibson and Moon may not play that much.
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 08:30 AM   #2
jbryan1984
Good college starter

Default Re: What will Mike Brown do to the rotation come playoff time?

I know what you mean. The Cavs are super loaded right now. I am thinking Powe is going to be the one who gets shafted. I see your point with the subs because how it used to go was 6 minutes into the quarter, West, Z and Andy come in to relieve JJ, Shaq and AP. But now Jamison is in the mix and he is going to want the minutes. But I mean, you cannot cut Andy's minutes. I guess you could cut Mo down a little and go big with West and LBJ in the back court, then Z, Andy and Jamison. Its going to be interesting how Brown does it. I hope Boobie gets to play! Its crazy how deep they are but its also a good thing to have so many good guys ready to go. I like how the seeds look right now because we can play most teams without Shaq. Orlando would face us in the ECF and he will be ready to go by then. Only teams beside Orlando I worry without Shaq is Atlanta and Charlotte with all the big guys they have.
jbryan1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 05:42 PM   #3
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan 1997

Powe and Hickson will be saying bye-bye to their minutes more than likely unless Z or Shaq is really sucking, then maybe Hickson would get minutes. Hickson is our most atheletic big-man.
Meticode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 08:44 PM   #4
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meticode
Powe and Hickson will be saying bye-bye to their minutes more than likely unless Z or Shaq is really sucking, then maybe Hickson would get minutes. Hickson is our most atheletic big-man.

It will be interesting to see what Brown does should we face a Charlotte or Atlanta in the playoffs.. I'd prefer more Hickson/Powe, in that situation.

Shaq and Z are extra essential vs. teams like Orlando/Boston/LA (should we meet them in the finals), but they may have to take a back seat somewhat in certain series'. I hope they can handle this potential back and forth adjusting.

Playing more in one series/less in the next/more after that wouldn't be easy.
Old 03-20-2010, 01:59 PM   #5
jbryan1984
Good college starter

Brown is to high on JJ. No way he will cut him. Like I said before, I think it will be Powe.
Old 03-21-2010, 12:10 PM   #6
1~Gibson~1
NBA Finals

i think he'll only play Z when need-be (mostly to match up or cause matchup issues) so Z can get plenty of rest. I expect alot of Andy at Center in the playoffs too. We're a good running team.

imo the main bigs are gonna be:

PF: Antawn, JJ
C: Shaq, Andy

and like i said Z if need-be
1~Gibson~1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 03:02 PM   #7
BigTicket
Cavs for life

Leon Powe will be getting virtually 0 playing time.

Jawad Williams will be getting virtually 0 playing time.

Big Z will get 10 mpg at the most.

Jamario Moon will get 10 mpg at the most.

The main rotation will be:

PG: Mo / Boobie
SG: Parker / Delonte
SF: Lebron
PF: Jamison / JJ
C: Shaq / Andy
BigTicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 05:45 PM   #8
1~Gibson~1
NBA Finals

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTicket
Leon Powe will be getting virtually 0 playing time.

Jawad Williams will be getting virtually 0 playing time.

Big Z will get 10 mpg at the most.

Jamario Moon will get 10 mpg at the most.

The main rotation will be:

PG: Mo / Boobie
SG: Parker / Delonte
SF: Lebron
PF: Jamison / JJ
C: Shaq / Andy
i dont even think Boobie will get alot of time. Brown said it himself that he doesnt like playing 3 small guys (Mo, Boobie, Delonte), and out of the 3 of course Boobie is gonna be the odd man out. i think Moon will get more than 10 minutes also....that's just me though.
1~Gibson~1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 07:01 PM   #9
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

Any playing time Boobie gets should be with LeBron on the court, and at the end of games. I trust him to take, and make big shots. Him and Delonte West are excellent end of game options for our backcourt.
Old 03-25-2010, 06:59 AM   #10
jbryan1984
Good college starter

Yeah Gibson hardly gets to play in the regular season. I don't know how much of him we will see. Its unfortunate but that is what happens when you have such a deep roster. You have talents like Gibson, Powe, Moon and Jawad sitting on the bench. But, that's also great talent ready to go if someone gets hurt or in foul trouble.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: