Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Streetball Forum

Streetball Forum Streetball Message Board - street basketball and streetball forum

Old 03-19-2010, 07:32 PM   #1
J23
I brick open layups

J23 has an OK reputation so far
Default Shooting Tips

Im not sure what is but i can't find a consistent nice rotation and arc in my shot. Can anyone give me any tips about shooting? Get some life in this forum lol.
J23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 08:54 PM   #2
SourPatchKids
Banned

SourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Shooting Tips

A tip i use is that when i hold the ball i form a sideways " T" with my hands. It works to give a high arch on your shot if you wish. Good luck on improving your shot.
SourPatchKids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 09:44 PM   #3
"Jesus"
Short & Sweet

"Jesus" has a terrific reputation"Jesus" has a terrific reputation"Jesus" has a terrific reputation"Jesus" has a terrific reputation"Jesus" has a terrific reputation

Flick your wrist. Follow through. Flick your wrist.

It's been working wonders for me lately.

edit: I know it sounds stupid, but you should get a good feel for the ball.

Last edited by "Jesus" : 03-19-2010 at 09:50 PM.
"Jesus" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 10:29 PM   #4
Swaggin916
Enter the Dragic

Swaggin916 is popular on this boardSwaggin916 is popular on this boardSwaggin916 is popular on this boardSwaggin916 is popular on this board

just convince yourself you are good shooter. You may not be but at least you can re-assure yourself and maybe one day you'll figure it out
Swaggin916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 11:39 PM   #5
Maize'N'Blue
Super Yooper

Maize'N'Blue has an OK reputation so far

Make sure your hand is like your are holding a platter, then follow thorough and flick your wrist. Work hard at a high release point, like you are shooting out of a phonebooth. And finally, make sure to keep the arc up there and good spin.
Maize'N'Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 04:11 AM   #6
Sticks
Serious playground baller

Sticks has an OK reputation so far

Power comes from the legs!

Other than that, practice, practice, practice.
Sticks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 10:13 AM   #7
lilojmayo
#lovethat32

lilojmayo has an incredible reputation herelilojmayo has an incredible reputation herelilojmayo has an incredible reputation herelilojmayo has an incredible reputation herelilojmayo has an incredible reputation herelilojmayo has an incredible reputation herelilojmayo has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by J23
Im not sure what is but i can't find a consistent nice rotation and arc in my shot. Can anyone give me any tips about shooting? Get some life in this forum lol.

for rotation: practice shooting with one hand ( not at a baskeball), but you get nice backspin that way. then you just bring your guide hand on the side and there is your backspin problem.

Arc is a tricky thing, there is no set and stone arc. Some ppl have really high arcs, then there are some like Kobe's shot that is somewhat flat. You really just have to play around with it.

What has really helped him is I always try to put the ball on laces, when i aim i aim at the front of the middle of the rim where ever that is relative to your position on your court. Work on banks shots once you become pretty good at it they will open up your halfcourt and transition game a lot.
lilojmayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 06:08 PM   #8
Lancerballer21

Lancerballer21 has an OK reputation so far

Imagine yourself shooting with perfect form and practice your form without a bball, just pretend your shooting at the hoop (or anything in your house really) and do it over and over.
Lancerballer21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 06:23 PM   #9
J23
I brick open layups

J23 has an OK reputation so far

do you guys flick the ball with your all fingers or just the primary 2?
J23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 10:24 PM   #10
Lancerballer21

Lancerballer21 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by J23
do you guys flick the ball with your all fingers or just the primary 2?

Im not sure... ill make sure to check next time i shoot and ill get back to you
Lancerballer21 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: