Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Streetball Forum

Streetball Forum Streetball Message Board - street basketball and streetball forum

Old 03-20-2010, 11:05 PM   #1
Junny
I air my balls

Junny has decent reputation
Default Things you see in the NBA, try it in real life, with disastrous consequences

For me it was Lebron's chase-down block. Full-court pick up game, there is a fast break for the other team. I'm chasing the guy down. Now, I could have sprinted as fast as I could and gotten in front of the guy and play normal defence. But no, I just had to be Lebron James. I purposefully slow down, and just as he goes up for the layup, I time my jump for the massive block.

Enormous flagrant foul, and 1. All player, no ball. If I could jump half a foot higher, I would've scraped the ball with my finger tips. The guy phucks up his knee, and is visibly angry. "What the phuck, you trying to kill me man?" Goes without saying, from then on I never tried to be an NBA player again.

What are your stories?
Junny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 11:57 PM   #2
Swaggin916
Enter the Dragic

Swaggin916 is popular on this boardSwaggin916 is popular on this boardSwaggin916 is popular on this boardSwaggin916 is popular on this board
Default Re: Things you see in the NBA, try it in real life, with disastrous consequences

Can't say I really have one man.

But that's a funny story Too bad that guy got hurt
Swaggin916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 02:29 AM   #3
Fallguy20
Suck-A-Fish

Fallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Things you see in the NBA, try it in real life, with disastrous consequences

The "Kobe stare at his fist" move after a bucket that turns out they waive off.
Fallguy20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 02:57 AM   #4
Underballer
Decent playground baller

Underballer is starting to rub some people the wrong wayUnderballer is starting to rub some people the wrong way

vince carter honey dip on a 8.5 rim and my arm hrt sooooo bad
Underballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 06:04 AM   #5
Sticks
Serious playground baller

Sticks has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underballer
vince carter honey dip on a 8.5 rim and my arm hrt sooooo bad

^This, although it didn't hurt that badly but it left some nasty bruises.
Sticks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 08:33 PM   #6
EliteBaller56
Can barely lace up my sneakers

EliteBaller56 has an OK reputation so far

J.R. Smith-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T85WnlYIwzs

I got cocky after failing a few times and wanted a 360 added to it, I made a 180, forgot where the hoop was, looked up, fell on to my butt, laughed, stood up, tried again with out the 360, failed again.
EliteBaller56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 11:25 PM   #7
Underballer
Decent playground baller

Underballer is starting to rub some people the wrong wayUnderballer is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallguy20
The "Kobe stare at his fist" move after a bucket that turns out they waive off.
Underballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 02:01 PM   #8
5foot6
I brick open layups

5foot6 has no real reputation yet.

"kiss the rim" dunk on 8 feet turns out to be a fat lip.
and the same thing on 8'5" turns out to be a bloody nose.
5foot6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 02:08 PM   #9
Kumo
ISH Jump Crew

Kumo is considered somewhat coolKumo is considered somewhat coolKumo is considered somewhat cool

I tried throwing a beer bottle at Ron Artest and he beat my ass...

never again.
Kumo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 08:27 PM   #10
devin34harris

devin34harris has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumo
I tried throwing a beer bottle at Ron Artest and he beat my ass...

never again.

Don't torch me for this, but was that really you or you joking?
devin34harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 11:57 PM   #11
Swaggin916
Enter the Dragic

Swaggin916 is popular on this boardSwaggin916 is popular on this boardSwaggin916 is popular on this boardSwaggin916 is popular on this board

^^^
Swaggin916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 01:10 AM   #12
Kumo
ISH Jump Crew

Kumo is considered somewhat coolKumo is considered somewhat coolKumo is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by devin34harris
Don't torch me for this, but was that really you or you joking?

Was a joke, lol... as in I've seen that in the NBA, and tried it too.
Kumo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 07:46 PM   #13
SourPatchKids
Banned

SourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Tried some Brandon Jennings moves in a game and one time the ball came off my foot and went out of bounds. Other times got called called for a few travels.
SourPatchKids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 07:55 PM   #14
Birmingham1955
High school junior varsity star

Birmingham1955 has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourPatchKids
Tried some Brandon Jennings moves in a game and one time the ball came off my foot and went out of bounds. Other times got called called for a few travels.

we have all done that
Birmingham1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 04:03 PM   #15
BIG_MIKE_27

BIG_MIKE_27 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junny
For me it was Lebron's chase-down block.

This, some little guy, probably under 5 foot, is on the fast break. I come up behind him thinking "this is gunna be awesome".
I get all ball, but then on the way down I land on top of him.. he slides along the ground at full force and smacks his head off a radiator, i think i gave him a concussion!
BIG_MIKE_27 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: