Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 05-11-2009, 09:20 AM   #1
bagelred
Weird

bagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Knicks PROMISE Curry: "We want you!"

Quote:
http://www.nbadraft.net/node/5605

A rumor that has been gaining steam is that the Knicks will select Stephen Curry with their 8th pick. We've received word that there could be truth to this from inside sources claiming that Curry chose to put his name into the draft this year based on the Knicks assuring Curry that they would use their lottery selection to draft him.

What? Who did you think I meant?
bagelred is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 09:34 AM   #2
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Knicks PROMISE Curry: "We want you!"

That may be good for him, D'Antoni is the ultimate guard conscious coach.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 09:37 AM   #3
smith
I hit open layups

smith has an OK reputation so far

Hehe, you got me.
smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 10:38 AM   #4
Toizumi
veteran savvy

Toizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterToizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterToizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterToizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterToizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterToizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterToizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterToizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterToizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by smith
Hehe, you got me.

me 2
Toizumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 11:00 AM   #5
NuggetsFan
Nuggets/Avs/Broncos.

NuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Probably the best situation for him. I think he'd be pretty good in that system.
NuggetsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 12:17 PM   #6
mattevans11
National High School Star

mattevans11 is considered somewhat coolmattevans11 is considered somewhat coolmattevans11 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by smith
Hehe, you got me.

+ 1
mattevans11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 01:28 PM   #7
fatboy11
NBA sixth man of the year

fatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected poster

I'm not crazy about him in the NBA. In any system.
fatboy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 01:38 PM   #8
indiefan23
Local High School Star

indiefan23 has decent reputationindiefan23 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatboy11
I'm not crazy about him in the NBA. In any system.

How can't you be crazy about him? He's undersized but his footwork is better then almost all NBA players and he can shoot the lights out. His passing game has gotten way better this year.

He's 6'3" which is the same as Eric Gordon, plays the same game and already played it better last year then EG. Even if Curry's ceiling is shooter off the bench how don't you want that on your team? He 'will' win big games for you so if you draft him and he's just a shooter, you get dibs on a low cost assassin from long range. You win.
indiefan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 01:42 PM   #9
fatboy11

fatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by indiefan23
How can't you be crazy about him? He's undersized but his footwork is better then almost all NBA players and he can shoot the lights out. His passing game has gotten way better this year.

He's 6'3" which is the same as Eric Gordon, plays the same game and already played it better last year then EG. Even if Curry's ceiling is shooter off the bench how don't you want that on your team? He 'will' win big games for you so if you draft him and he's just a shooter, you get dibs on a low cost assassin from long range. You win.
Yeah, sure, he could be that. He could also be like any number of the other college scorer/shooter types that don't pan out. Right? That's just as likely a possibility as what you mentioned.

I just don't get a good feeling about him. Could I be wrong? Of course. But so could you so let's not act like he's some kind of slam dunk. Especially when we're talking about the 8th pick in the draft.
Old 05-11-2009, 01:58 PM   #10
Styles p
NBA rookie of the year

Styles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

loll i thought this was gonna be about eddy.
Styles p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 02:01 PM   #11
StroShow4
Certified ISHiot.

StroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Hah, you got me.
StroShow4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 02:02 PM   #12
indiefan23
Local High School Star

indiefan23 has decent reputationindiefan23 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatboy11
Yeah, sure, he could be that. He could also be like any number of the other college scorer/shooter types that don't pan out. Right? That's just as likely a possibility as what you mentioned.

I just don't get a good feeling about him. Could I be wrong? Of course. But so could you so let's not act like he's some kind of slam dunk. Especially when we're talking about the 8th pick in the draft.

I dunno, of course he could bust. But I'm not really sure how. I do kind of think he's a slam dunk. Lots and lots of guards in the NBA make a career shooting off screens 'n since he's more or less perfect at working screens for shots I dunno why he wouldn't be able to do that in the NBA. Thats just my honest opinion?

Which players are you thinking of who couldn't play in the big league?
indiefan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 02:07 PM   #13
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

What up with Danilo, he gonna be healthy next year?
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 02:12 PM   #14
fatboy11

Quote:
Originally Posted by indiefan23
I dunno, of course he could bust. But I'm not really sure how. I do kind of think he's a slam dunk. Lots and lots of guards in the NBA make a career shooting off screens 'n since he's more or less perfect at working screens for shots I dunno why he wouldn't be able to do that in the NBA. Thats just my honest opinion?

Which players are you thinking of who couldn't play in the big league?
Bryce Drew, Trajan Langdon and Luke Jackson immediately come to mind.

But make no mistake, when I say that guy might not "pan out", I'm not necessarily saying the guy won't have a career in the NBA, maybe even a long one. "Pan out" usually means that a guy comes with a certian amount of hype or high regard and that regard/hype translates accordingly to the next level. That's where I see the problem with Curry. I don't think he'll be as good as a lot of people think he'll be in the NBA.

But like you said, he's a shooter and that's a valuable assest. That only could earn him a long career.
Old 05-11-2009, 02:18 PM   #15
Dresta
BANNED!!!!

Dresta is starting to rub some people the wrong way

He'd be awesome in D'Antoni's system.
Dresta is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: