Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 03-22-2010, 06:16 AM   #1
All Net
Twitter-@AllNetSports

All Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Are the Lakers still the favourites to win it all?

I know alot of people make statements that the defending champions always should be if they have the same team back but have you seen an improvement in L.A's play to be considered the favourites? the Cavs are playing great basketball right now and will likely have HCA throughout.

Denver and Cleveland are likely the two teams who can beat L.A. I don't see anybody else being good enough to beat the Lakers.

Do you see L.A as the favourites still?
All Net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 06:21 AM   #2
NLZ
High School JV MVP

NLZ is starting to rub some people the wrong wayNLZ is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Re: Are the Lakers still the favourites to win it all?

Yes, I still do.

Cavs record is better than the Lakers, but you have to taken into account Kobe's been injured this season for the most part and it's affected both him and the Lakers. Where as LeBron has been 100% healthy all season long, and hasn't had the same issues the Lakers have. Pau Gasol was also injured for a while. The Eastern Conference is also a lot weaker than the Western Conference. When you take all of this into account and then watch both teams/evaluate their rosters, and then remember the Lakers are the defending champions, you still have to have the Lakers are your favourites. Oh, and they have a better coach.

Only advantage the Cavs would have in the Finals if they met, would be that 4/7 of their games would take place on home court.
NLZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 06:22 AM   #3
Button
I dunk on 12 year olds

Button has an OK reputation so far

well for me, the 3 teams you stated, are imo favs.
Button is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 06:23 AM   #4
zizozain
hi AJ2k8

zizozain is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterzizozain is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterzizozain is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterzizozain is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterzizozain is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterzizozain is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterzizozain is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterzizozain is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterzizozain is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterzizozain is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterzizozain is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

not THE favourites
they are 1 of 2 teams that favourites to win it all
zizozain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 06:30 AM   #5
U got Served
Banned

U got Served is considered somewhat coolU got Served is considered somewhat coolU got Served is considered somewhat cool

IMO they're still the favorites because of their talent. The Lakers are in cruse control just like they were last year up until the second round of the playoffs. Winners don't get hyped up over regular season games.
U got Served is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 06:33 AM   #6
Go Getter
Wild 100's

Go Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation here

I consider them the favorites still.

Imo the Cavs spend too much energy on silliness....they still don't strike me as Championship ready attitude wise.

Other than that there are question marks on the mettle of Mo Williams and idk if the supporting cast other than Jamison will perform at a high level in crunch time.
Go Getter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 06:34 AM   #7
jbryan1984
Decent college freshman

jbryan1984 is considered somewhat cooljbryan1984 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLZ
Yes, I still do.

Cavs record is better than the Lakers, but you have to taken into account Kobe's been injured this season for the most part and it's affected both him and the Lakers. Where as LeBron has been 100% healthy all season long, and hasn't had the same issues the Lakers have. Pau Gasol was also injured for a while. The Eastern Conference is also a lot weaker than the Western Conference. When you take all of this into account and then watch both teams/evaluate their rosters, and then remember the Lakers are the defending champions, you still have to have the Lakers are your favourites. Oh, and they have a better coach.

Only advantage the Cavs would have in the Finals if they met, would be that 4/7 of their games would take place on home court.

The Cavs record is the best yet, they too have suffered from a lot of injuries. Take into account Mo Williams out for a month, Delonte and his legal troubles at the beginning of the season. Shaq and his thumb. Still, they manage to be number 1 and sweep the Lakers.
jbryan1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 06:38 AM   #8
spillo88
Can barely lace up my sneakers

spillo88 has an OK reputation so far

im no laker fan but why do they have to about the cavs they choked in the ECF so what makes you think they will go all the way this year
spillo88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 06:41 AM   #9
phoenix18
4/27/91-7/23/09

phoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

This postseason is going to surprise everyone. I got a copy of Stern's script right beside me.
phoenix18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 06:53 AM   #10
Lebron23
GOAT Small Forward

Lebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Getter
I consider them the favorites still.

Imo the Cavs spend too much energy on silliness....they still don't strike me as Championship ready attitude wise.

Other than that there are question marks on the mettle of Mo Williams and idk if the supporting cast other than Jamison will perform at a high level in crunch time.

I hope David Stern would allow the Cavs and Lakers to play physical defense in the NBA Finals.

I don't want to see Kobe and LeBron pulling a D-Whistle by averaging 20 free throws attempts per game.
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 06:55 AM   #11
Lebron23
GOAT Small Forward

Lebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by spillo88
im no laker fan but why do they have to about the cavs they choked in the ECF so what makes you think they will go all the way this year

LeBron now has a better supporting casts this season.

Shaq, Jamison, Hickson ( He never played in the playoffs last year), Parker, and Powe are better than 34 yrs.old Ben Wallace, Sasha Pavlovic, and Wally Szrerbiak.
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 06:58 AM   #12
madmax
Decent college freshman

madmax has not been impressing people

Nuggets and Mavs are better teams than them in the West alone...they are gonna have to beat those squads first to have a chance against Cavs in the finals
madmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 07:05 AM   #13
All Net
Twitter-@AllNetSports

All Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmax
Nuggets and Mavs are better teams than them in the West alone...they are gonna have to beat those squads first to have a chance against Cavs in the finals

Based on what?

Denver will be damn tough to beat but Dallas? the Lakers would handle Dallas in 5 or 6 games most likely. They aren't the kind of team L.A would struggle with in the playoffs.

Last edited by All Net : 03-22-2010 at 07:18 AM.
All Net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 09:04 AM   #14
ILLsmak
Life goes on.

ILLsmak is considered somewhat coolILLsmak is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Net
I know alot of people make statements that the defending champions always should be if they have the same team back but have you seen an improvement in L.A's play to be considered the favourites? the Cavs are playing great basketball right now and will likely have HCA throughout.

Denver and Cleveland are likely the two teams who can beat L.A. I don't see anybody else being good enough to beat the Lakers.

Do you see L.A as the favourites still?

Cleveland is on a different level. Seriously, I am amazed at their skill. I don't recall them playing like this last year, but even their bench players are playing really well. They have so much talent that they have players that are great that aren't even playing. Their chemistry is at a high level, plus they have LeBron...

They have had various injuries and are still dominating. They will more than likely be fully healthy by the playoffs. I can't see anyone beating them... I mean, I was sure they'd make the finals last year, too, but it's insane how much better they are...

Powe is a huge physical body, Moon is an athlete, Gibson is wet. One can imagine that they won't get any PT once everyone is back, but that goes to show how good they are. The Lakers have very little scoring and no scoring coming off the bench...

If The Cavs and Lakers meet in the finals, I'd bet my house that the Cavs win. I think the greatest test for the Cavs is getting there.

You'd have to bet on Kobe going ape and LeBron sucking because every other aspect favors the cavs...

-Smak
ILLsmak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 09:08 AM   #15
Cangri
National High School Star

Cangri has not been impressing people

I would be favoring the Cavs if Shaq wasn't out, but right now I think he'll be very rusty when he comes back. I have to favor the Lakers right now.
Cangri is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: