Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Clippers Forum

Los Angeles Clippers Forum Clippers message board - clippers fan forum

Old 05-07-2010, 09:46 PM   #16
qrich
King Heno

Default Re: What To Do This Summer?

How about this:

Deal with the Pistons and try to get Prince + #7 for Kaman. After that, turn around and deal #8 to the Hawks for Childress + #24 and a 2011 1st round pick-swap option.

Take Aldrich at #7 and Eric Bledsoe at #24. Sign some vets to fill out the roster, Theo Ratliff at CE, Anthony Johnson at PG. Keep Rhino & 'Sual, bring over Sofo. Sign a decent 5th wingman as well,

CE: DeAndre Jordan | Cole Aldrich | Theo Ratliff
PF: Blake Griffin | Craig Smith | Sofoklis S.
SF: Tayshaun Prince | Rasual Butler
SG: Eric Gordon | Josh Childress
PG: Baron Davis | Eric Bledsoe | Anthony Johnson

Doesn't seem too bad, good balance and a solid bench.
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 12:09 AM   #17
ZeN

Ive wanted Tayshaun Prince on the Clipps since like forever.. he would fit in great with EJ and Blake.
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 03:30 PM   #18
qrich
King Heno

Sofo to the Thunder for #21, #26 and #34.

Draft Wes Johnson at #8, Ekpe Udoh at #21, Lance Stephenson at #26, Grievis Vasquez at #34 and Alexey Shved at #54.

Resign Craig Smith & Rasual Butler. Sign Theo Ratliff and Anthony Johnson. Sign Mike Miller for a 3 year/16 mil contract.

CE: Chris Kaman | DeAndre Jordan | Theo Ratliff
PF: Blake Griffin | Craig Smith | Ekpe Udoh
SF: Wes Johnson | Rasual Butler
SG: Eric Gordon | Mike Miller | Lance Stephenson
PG: Baron Davis | Anthony Johnson | Greivis Vasquez

Boom, a young team with vets. Ratliff is brought in to tutor Jordan and Udoh, both of which will end up being solid shot blockers if they reach their potentials. Johnson is a solid backup veteran point guard and Mike Miller is Mike Miller.

Wes Johnson, Udoh, DJ, Gordon, Griffin will be our core for the future and I believe Shved will develop into a starting caliber point guard in the league with his size (6'6). If we keep Vasquez, sign Livingston and bring in Shveed, all three of our point guards will be 6'6
Old 05-09-2010, 04:50 PM   #19
Al Thornton
the mind is so complex

an idea that doesn't involve trading kaman? lol

that one looks good, the kaman for prince would be nice too
Al Thornton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 09:53 PM   #20
qrich
King Heno

Well, a solid center is more difficult to come by than a solid SF and adding Wes Johnson, Mike Miller & Lance Stephenson at the wings with EJ and 'Sual, believe the wings will be held down well.

I just hope that the Clippers bring in a veteran shot blocker to help tutor Jordan, and Ratliff would be the perfect fit.
Old 05-11-2010, 05:10 PM   #21
ZeN

I like The Caveman but he doesnt seem like the Center of the future..
Old 05-13-2010, 02:02 AM   #22
qrich
King Heno

Exactly, let's be real here. Kaman has another 2 or 3 years left, and unless drastic moves are made, we aren't going to be a contending team with him, so might as well try to get the pieces to make the post season and gain the financial flexibility from Kaman's contract earlier, which is why I'd love to do a Kaman for Prince swap, with incentive coming in from the Pistons.

Another quick idea I won't mind:

Kaman to the Atlanta Hawks for Mike Bibby, S&T Josh Childress, rights to Lance Stephenson/Paul George (#24th overall pick)

Hawks get their center, move Horford to PF like he should be and JSmith to SF. Clippers get a decent veteran point guard, a nice wing and a project wing.

Baron Davis to the Knicks (after the Knicks use their cap space to sign their marquee free agents) for Eddy Curry, Toney Douglas, Future 2nd, Cash Considerations.

Knicks get the perfect PG for D'Antoni's system without affecting their cap space. Clippers just dump Baron's contract a year sooner and can just waive Curry or use him at the trade deadline.

Sign and trade Travis Outlaw to the Oklahoma City Thunder for #32 (rights to Greivis Vasquez)

Thunder can use Green to get a decent Center and get Outlaw as a replacement without giving up much. Vasquez can be a prospect point for us.

Take Wesley Johnson with #8, Alexy Shved with #54.
Resign Rasual Butler and Craig Smith.
Sign Anthony Johnson and Theo Ratliff to the minimums.
Sign Sofoklis S to a 3 year deal, with the last 2 years being team options.
Sign Brad Miller to a 2 year/9 million deal

PG: Mike Bibby | Greivis Vasquez | Anthony Johnson
SG: Eric Gordon | Josh Childress | Toney Douglas
SF: Wesley Johnson | Rasual Butler | Lance Stephenson
PF: Blake Griffin | Craig Smith | Sofoklis Schortsianitis.
CE: DeAndre Jordan | Brad Miller | Theo Ratliff
*Rights to Alexy Shved as well*

Nice depth all around, but the best part is, I believe it is the perfect mix between youth and vets. Each position as nice youngsters, along with damn good veterans.
Old 05-13-2010, 02:42 AM   #23
dab0yech0
3 Ball like Piatkowski

I dont trust a Deandre Blake frontcourt just yet. Deandre is gonna foul out every other game. Blake and Brad Miller is a little iffy as well. I have a feeling teams are just gonna attack the middle like crazy with success
dab0yech0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 04:40 PM   #24
qrich
King Heno

How about a Kaman deal to the Atlanta Hawks for Mike Bibby, Zaza Pachulia, #24 and a S&T Josh Childress.

Then follow it up by dealing Pachulia and #24 to the Utah Jazz for Mehmet Okur and a 2011 1st round pick swap.

Memo will give us a center to play the pick and pop with Baron along with giving him more space to attack in the paint, along with being a big help to Gordon on the offensive end as well., while Bibby would be the perfect backup point guard due to his offensive game with Childress and Butler teaming up to be a damn good combination at Small Forward, or off the bench if the Clippers are able to take Wes Johnson at #8 or by moving up.

CE: Mehmet Okur | DeAndre Jordan
PF: Blake Griffin | Craig Smith | Sofoklis
SF: Wes Johnson/Aminu | Rasual Butler
PG: Baron Davis | Mike Bibby

That second unit in itself looks like one that could grind it out with the best of the benches in the league.
Old 05-14-2010, 05:50 PM   #25
Al Thornton
the mind is so complex

this is my favorite of your ideas so far, okur can spread the floor while blake is inside and then dj could come off the bench and the blake/dj duo will be nice. then having bibby on the bench means baron actually has to earn his starting spot
Al Thornton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 08:11 PM   #26
qrich
King Heno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Thornton
this is my favorite of your ideas so far, okur can spread the floor while blake is inside and then dj could come off the bench and the blake/dj duo will be nice. then having bibby on the bench means baron actually has to earn his starting spot

Yeah, but the only thing is, I'm not so sure the Jazz will just dump Memo like that, giving them the option of the 2011 pick swap might help, but still not sure on that part.

I'm sure Atlanta would do it though, get out of Bibby's contract and pick up the perfect Center next to Horford. Teague-Crawford-Smith-Horford-Kaman sounds pretty decent
Old 05-14-2010, 09:58 PM   #27
EroticVanilla
Sexual Chocolate=GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by qrich
How about this:

Deal with the Pistons and try to get Prince + #7 for Kaman. After that, turn around and deal #8 to the Hawks for Childress + #24 and a 2011 1st round pick-swap option.

Take Aldrich at #7 and Eric Bledsoe at #24. Sign some vets to fill out the roster, Theo Ratliff at CE, Anthony Johnson at PG. Keep Rhino & 'Sual, bring over Sofo. Sign a decent 5th wingman as well,

CE: DeAndre Jordan | Cole Aldrich | Theo Ratliff
PF: Blake Griffin | Craig Smith | Sofoklis S.
SF: Tayshaun Prince | Rasual Butler
PG: Baron Davis | Eric Bledsoe | Anthony Johnson

Doesn't seem too bad, good balance and a solid bench.
I came in to post a trade similar to this. The Clips could try to move Kaman to any team with a SF that needs a C.

Potential players they could get that would fill a need: Iggy, Caron Butler, and Tayshaun. Then obviously they'd draft Aldrich to fill in the hole at C.

If the Clips did this they could be a middle seed in the playoffs next year, especially if they speed up the offense, you have Baron who's can be a monster when you let him play free, a young Gordon, Blake, and Jordan who can beat almost anyone on the break, and Tay would be the trailer who knocks down the occasional 3. And if you need to slow it down throw in Aldrich and Rhino/Sofo.
EroticVanilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 10:24 PM   #28
ZeN

Quote:
Originally Posted by EroticVanilla

Potential players they could get that would fill a need: Iggy, Caron Butler, and Tayshaun. Then obviously they'd draft Aldrich to fill in the hole at C.
Old 05-15-2010, 02:01 PM   #29
ClipperRevival
Can barely lace up my sneakers

So who do you guys think we will pick up for the max salary? I know LeBron and Wade are out. Bosh is not really needed. Maybe Joe Johnson? He could be the type of talent that could really make us better. He fills a need.

I just don't like Baron Davis and his game. He's too loose. Not disciplined enough. He does great things but he also has stretches where he just forgets the team and takes us out of games.
ClipperRevival is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 04:30 PM   #30
qrich
King Heno

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClipperRevival
So who do you guys think we will pick up for the max salary? I know LeBron and Wade are out. Bosh is not really needed. Maybe Joe Johnson? He could be the type of talent that could really make us better. He fills a need.

I just don't like Baron Davis and his game. He's too loose. Not disciplined enough. He does great things but he also has stretches where he just forgets the team and takes us out of games.

I don't think the Clippers are going to use up their cap space this offseason on one max player unless its LeBron.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EroticVanilla
I came in to post a trade similar to this. The Clips could try to move Kaman to any team with a SF that needs a C.

If the Clips did this they could be a middle seed in the playoffs next year, especially if they speed up the offense, you have Baron who's can be a monster when you let him play free, a young Gordon, Blake, and Jordan who can beat almost anyone on the break, and Tay would be the trailer who knocks down the occasional 3. And if you need to slow it down throw in Aldrich and Rhino/Sofo.

Shane Battier is another guy I won't mind going after, along with Andrei Kirilenko if the Jazz throw in #9
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: