Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Streetball Forum

Streetball Forum Streetball Message Board - street basketball and streetball forum

Old 03-23-2010, 05:39 PM   #1
MannyO
Super Cool E

MannyO has decent reputation
Default Help!

My coach thinks I suck... the season ended and just today I asked him a question and he told me that I am not good. He said that I can't get my feet squared to the basket, or finish a full speed left hand layup with out double pumping. So I guess that is why I suck which makes no sense because Im better than some of the people that played on the team. He told me I was not good enough to even get a uniform. I don't even know what to do that made me want to spazz out and was very uncalled for. I know myself that I am good but he doesn't see that....

Last edited by MannyO : 03-23-2010 at 06:56 PM.
MannyO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 07:21 PM   #2
Permodius
I airball my layups

Permodius has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Help!

Doesn't make any sense. First of all, a coach probably wouldn't say that, unless you angered him. And second, if he thinks you are so bad, how did you make the team? Also you might just be like 90% of ballers these days, and genuinely believe that you are way better than you actually are. Nothing you could really do but keep practicing.
Permodius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 07:51 PM   #3
MannyO
Super Cool E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Permodius
Doesn't make any sense. First of all, a coach probably wouldn't say that, unless you angered him. And second, if he thinks you are so bad, how did you make the team? Also you might just be like 90% of ballers these days, and genuinely believe that you are way better than you actually are. Nothing you could really do but keep practicing.

he said I was too "raw". He is a mean guy and not a good coach at all. Like he makes every1 feel bad. Cursing out kids and he has his favorites. I remember we were beating some wack team by 47 points in the 4th quarter and still had the starters in like wtf. I am realistic and say yea im not the best on the team but I certainly am good enough to play or even get a uniform. Ill try use this as motivation and work my hardest...
Old 03-23-2010, 08:24 PM   #4
Swaggin916
Enter the Dragic

Swaggin916 is popular on this boardSwaggin916 is popular on this boardSwaggin916 is popular on this boardSwaggin916 is popular on this board

I don't know what to tell you. He sounds like a jerk but it's probably true. You probably think you are better than you are. I think I do too... but I believe you have to feel that way otherwise that just means you are settling.
Swaggin916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 08:37 PM   #5
MannyO
Super Cool E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggin916
I don't know what to tell you. He sounds like a jerk but it's probably true. You probably think you are better than you are. I think I do too... but I believe you have to feel that way otherwise that just means you are settling.

I know I can deal with other players trying to say Im wack because I can face them to see, but the coach tryed to say Im not good enough which isn't true made me feel pretty bad. I guess im not consistent because during the summer I used to make 200 jumpshots a day and work on ball handling. Then Id be killing in games and then I would slack off and have to start over.
Old 03-23-2010, 08:50 PM   #6
Swaggin916
Enter the Dragic

Swaggin916 is popular on this boardSwaggin916 is popular on this boardSwaggin916 is popular on this boardSwaggin916 is popular on this board

Well there is your problem right there. There is no point of even doing it in the first place if you are going to slack off... You have to be working all the time to take yourself seriously.
Old 03-23-2010, 09:21 PM   #7
MannyO
Super Cool E

Quote:
Well there is your problem right there. There is no point of even doing it in the first place if you are going to slack off... You have to be working all the time to take yourself seriously.

Its not like I slacked off purposely because last year I was working hard. Then my uncle had died and I had to go spend time with my aunt and wasnt able to play basketball for an extended period of time so everything I worked on was lost and had to start over. This year I will not let anything stop me.
Old 03-23-2010, 09:29 PM   #8
Junny
I air my balls

Junny has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by MannyO
My coach thinks I suck... the season ended and just today I asked him a question and he told me that I am not good. He said that I can't get my feet squared to the basket, or finish a full speed left hand layup with out double pumping. So I guess that is why I suck which makes no sense because Im better than some of the people that played on the team. He told me I was not good enough to even get a uniform. I don't even know what to do that made me want to spazz out and was very uncalled for. I know myself that I am good but he doesn't see that....

I don't get what the problem is here. It's not like your coach just said "You're shyt, piss off". He's told you what you need to work on. Go work on it.
Junny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 10:37 PM   #9
Swaggin916
Enter the Dragic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MannyO
Its not like I slacked off purposely because last year I was working hard. Then my uncle had died and I had to go spend time with my aunt and wasnt able to play basketball for an extended period of time so everything I worked on was lost and had to start over. This year I will not let anything stop me.

Well if you really want it there are no excuses. You can work on your game as long as you have a ball and a ground to dribble it on. There are buses to take you places, people can give you rides to places where they have pickup games... so nobody is going to feel sorry for you. As for me, I just want to play pick up games and maybe some local tournaments. If you don't start right now, and consistently work on your game everyday, then that's all you will be doing too. Hopefully that last sentence of yours rings true.
Old 03-24-2010, 06:29 AM   #10
Button
I dunk on 12 year olds

Button has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Well if you really want it there are no excuses. You can work on your game as long as you have a ball and a ground to dribble it on. There are buses to take you places, people can give you rides to places where they have pickup games... so nobody is going to feel sorry for you. As for me, I just want to play pick up games and maybe some local tournaments. If you don't start right now, and consistently work on your game everyday, then that's all you will be doing too. Hopefully that last sentence of yours rings true.

Ye kinda agree here, im from holland and we have 0 pickup games 0 tournaments i mean its shit.
but i still manage to pick up the ball every day and play for an hour, sometimes i practise behind my house, i dont have a basketbat there yet, and everything i grass, only got like 5-2 meters of stone.
Button is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 09:46 AM   #11
HylianNightmare
Moe Harkless Bandwagon

HylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

transfer schools
and when you play his team again light his ass up for 50
as you are shaking hands asks him how your ass tastes
HylianNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 08:27 PM   #12
MannyO
Super Cool E

Quote:
Originally Posted by HylianNightmare
transfer schools
and when you play his team again light his ass up for 50
as you are shaking hands asks him how your ass tastes

I was thinking about transferring schools but I got friends here and I will be going into my last year of hs anyway. If I had it my way id do that and just verbally abuse him after the game.

And the thing is i don't "suck"
People know what I am capable of doing even my JV coach knows im good and have potential but there are still many flaws in my game which can be worked on. He was puzzled why I wasn't playing and some kids from last years JV was playing over me. I just think he is a terrible coach.

Last edited by MannyO : 03-24-2010 at 08:30 PM.
Old 03-25-2010, 04:13 AM   #13
Button
I dunk on 12 year olds

1 solution : get ur lips wet and get ready to kiss some ass
Old 03-25-2010, 10:43 AM   #14
Sticks
Serious playground baller

Sticks has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Button
Ye kinda agree here, im from holland and we have 0 pickup games 0 tournaments i mean its shit.
but i still manage to pick up the ball every day and play for an hour, sometimes i practise behind my house, i dont have a basketbat there yet, and everything i grass, only got like 5-2 meters of stone.

Yeaaah... that's not Holland that's where you live. Visit the local university when it's good weather and you'll find ballers.
Sticks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 11:04 AM   #15
Button
I dunk on 12 year olds

seriously??? cous if thats the truth im coming over alot this year, playing alone is fine but playing outside nice weather with other people who enjoy the game, seems nice
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: