Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 03-23-2010, 11:28 PM   #1
ljsbb27
Local High School Star

Default Our Bulls Playoff Chances

Games remaining for us: Miami, New Jersey, Detroit, Phoenix, Washington, Charlotte, Milwaukee, Cleveland, New Jersey, Toronto, Boston, and Charlotte.

Games remaining for the Raptors: Utah, Denver, Miami, Charlotte, LAC, Philadelphia, Golden State, Cleveland, Boston, Atlanta, Chicago, Detroit, and New York.

Games remaing for the Bobcats: Minnesota, Washington, Toronto, Philadelphia, Milwaukee, Chicago, Atlanta, New Orleans, Houston, Detroit, New Jersey, and Chicago.

I didn't include Miami because out of the 4 teams they have the easiest schedule and in my opinion have sured up the 6th seed.

That leaves Us, Toronto, and Charlotte fighting for the 7th and 8th seeds. I think out of the 3 teams Toronto has the hardest schdule, followed by us and then Charlotte.

In my opinion I think Toronto will be the team to fall out of the race and miss out on the playoffs. And I think it will be down to the wire when it comes to us and the Bobcats fighting between 7th and 8th. The last game of the season may determine who gets the 7th and play the Magic or 8th and play the Cavs.

I want to see this team go like 8-4 the last 12 games and get that 7th seed. Let's go Bulls!!!!!! Whatever happens happens I just want to see our guys fight until the end and finish in the best position they possibly can.
ljsbb27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 08:23 PM   #2
tamaraw08
Decent college freshman

Default Re: Our Bulls Playoff Chances

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljsbb27
Games remaining for us: Miami, New Jersey, Detroit, Phoenix, Washington, Charlotte, Milwaukee, Cleveland, New Jersey, Toronto, Boston, and Charlotte.

Games remaining for the Raptors: Utah, Denver, Miami, Charlotte, LAC, Philadelphia, Golden State, Cleveland, Boston, Atlanta, Chicago, Detroit, and New York.

Games remaing for the Bobcats: Minnesota, Washington, Toronto, Philadelphia, Milwaukee, Chicago, Atlanta, New Orleans, Houston, Detroit, New Jersey, and Chicago.

I didn't include Miami because out of the 4 teams they have the easiest schedule and in my opinion have sured up the 6th seed.

That leaves Us, Toronto, and Charlotte fighting for the 7th and 8th seeds. I think out of the 3 teams Toronto has the hardest schdule, followed by us and then Charlotte.

In my opinion I think Toronto will be the team to fall out of the race and miss out on the playoffs. And I think it will be down to the wire when it comes to us and the Bobcats fighting between 7th and 8th. The last game of the season may determine who gets the 7th and play the Magic or 8th and play the Cavs.

I want to see this team go like 8-4 the last 12 games and get that 7th seed. Let's go Bulls!!!!!! Whatever happens happens I just want to see our guys fight until the end and finish in the best position they possibly can.

Definitely a huge game tonight. If they win like 5 straight, then it will put a lot of pressure on the raptors to keep up.
Bosh would surely be pissed off if they miss the playoffs AGAIN!
Then he would see if the Bulls are fighting hard and be worhty to be considered his team in the future..
tamaraw08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 08:26 PM   #3
JimmyConway
****in Morrie

ok seriously if we make it were not gonna face the celtics again were gonna face the cavs or magic and we will get CREAMED so i say MISS the playoffs get lucky in the lottery so we dnt switch picks with ****in milwaukee let noah completely heal and wed be better off.
JimmyConway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 09:46 PM   #4
Abe Frohman
I am the Sausage King

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyConway
ok seriously if we make it were not gonna face the celtics again were gonna face the cavs or magic and we will get CREAMED so i say MISS the playoffs get lucky in the lottery so we dnt switch picks with ****in milwaukee let noah completely heal and wed be better off.

This
Abe Frohman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 12:15 AM   #5
ljsbb27
Local High School Star

At this point, for us to be able to make it in the Raptors would have to play even worse than we are right now so I don't know. We'll just have to accept whatever happens. Looking forward to the offseason and next season after this next stretch to find out if we're in or not.
ljsbb27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 02:14 AM   #6
Crystallas
Smile, you're on ISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljsbb27
At this point, for us to be able to make it in the Raptors would have to play even worse than we are right now so I don't know. We'll just have to accept whatever happens. Looking forward to the offseason and next season after this next stretch to find out if we're in or not.

NOJYNX! The Raptors ARE playing worse than us right now LOL.
Crystallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 05:57 PM   #7
methusala
Serious playground baller

Quote:

I don't know what is so hard to understand about it being a damn near impossibility to even get into the lottery.

11 games to go, and they are 6.5 games behind the Clippers for the 10 spot.

So say they lost all of their remaining games. That puts them at 33-49. Clippers are currently 27-45. I'm not sure of the tiebreaker in regards to draft slot, but the Clippers won the season series between the Bulls 2-0. So the Bulls probably need to end up 1 game worse than the Clips to get that 10 spot.

That means the Clips can only win 3 of their next 10 games. Their remaining schedule includes Golden St (twice), Sacto, Knicks, and Toronto. That's 5 winnable games for them. The rest of their sched includes the Bucks, Denver, Dallas, Lakers, and Portland. All playoff teams, but also all teams that may or may not be resting certain guys to rest up for the playoffs allowing the Clips to possibly steal a win against one of them.

Then you look at the Bulls sched, and they play Jersey (twice), Detroit, Wash, and Toronto. That's 5 winnable games there too. Just by default with having Rose back, they could run into two wins out of those 5 alone.

Which would almost rule out the 0-11 string "needed" to luck into the lottery.

Not to mention, no way this team will allow themselves to close the season on an 0-12 run (counting last night). It's called pride. Something this board is majorly lacking.

Seriously, what is with this defeatist attitude that permeates this board. "Ohh, why even go to the playoffs, we'll just get beat"

The fuc*?

What kind of puss* feels that way about their team, AND wants their team to play the same way? Kidding me?

It's a god damn honor to make it to the playoffs, even if you do get beat. So what if they get swept? At least they left it on the floor and didn't tuck and run like a bunch of COWARDS that some of you want them to be. It's fuc*ing pathetic to have that sort of outlook on anything sport related.

All this talk about what free agents this team will get this summer. What free agents are going to want to come to a team that ends the season on a 2-22 run? Don't say "money talks" because other teams have money too. Money only goes so far. These top FA's want to get paid but they want to go to a contender too. Go 2-22 to end the season, and FA's will run faster than you can say "Bill Wennington".

What kind of fans could stomach that kind of run to end the season? Not any fans I want to associate myself with, that's for damn sure.

From this point on, all you should care about that these boys play their asses off and give the other teams hell. That's all you can ask for. Asking them to MISS THE PLAYOFFS ON PURPOSE, is perverse and makes you a cowardly fuc*. Seriously, say "I want my team to miss the playoffs on purpose in the hope that another team will play well enough for us to sneak into the top 10 and then we luck out in the lottery as well" out loud.

Then tell us how ruhtarded it sounds.
methusala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 07:40 PM   #8
tamaraw08
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by methusala
I don't know what is so hard to understand about it being a damn near impossibility to even get into the lottery.

Not to mention, no way this team will allow themselves to close the season on an 0-12 run (counting last night). It's called pride. Something this board is majorly lacking.

Seriously, what is with this defeatist attitude that permeates this board. "Ohh, why even go to the playoffs, we'll just get beat"The fuc*?

What kind of puss* feels that way about their team, AND wants their team to play the same way? Kidding me?

It's a god damn honor to make it to the playoffs, even if you do get beat. So what if they get swept? At least they left it on the floor and didn't tuck and run like a bunch of COWARDS that some of you want them to be. It's fuc*ing pathetic to have that sort of outlook on anything sport related.

All this talk about what free agents this team will get this summer. What free agents are going to want to come to a team that ends the season on a 2-22 run? Don't say "money talks" because other teams have money too. Money only goes so far. These top FA's want to get paid but they want to go to a contender too. Go 2-22 to end the season, and FA's will run faster than you can say "Bill Wennington".

What kind of fans could stomach that kind of run to end the season? Not any fans I want to associate myself with, that's for damn sure.

From this point on, all you should care about that these boys play their asses off and give the other teams hell. That's all you can ask for. Asking them to MISS THE PLAYOFFS ON PURPOSE, is perverse and makes you a cowardly fuc*. Seriously, say "I want my team to miss the playoffs on purpose in the hope that another team will play well enough for us to sneak into the top 10 and then we luck out in the lottery as well" out loud.

Then tell us how ruhtarded it sounds

Great post.
I mentioned about this Clipper mentaility before and other posters got pissed so bad.
Play hard, hire the best coaching staff available, spend that $ to get the best available FA, get rid of this sickening "defeatist" attitude.
tamaraw08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 08:56 AM   #9
KelticForce1349
Chicago Bulls fan.

Quote:

So say they lost all of their remaining games. That puts them at 33-49. Clippers are currently 27-45. I'm not sure of the tiebreaker in regards to draft slot, but the Clippers won the season series between the Bulls 2-0. So the Bulls probably need to end up 1 game worse than the Clips to get that 10 spot.

That means the Clips can only win 3 of their next 10 games. Their remaining schedule includes Golden St (twice), Sacto, Knicks, and Toronto. That's 5 winnable games for them. The rest of their sched includes the Bucks, Denver, Dallas, Lakers, and Portland. All playoff teams, but also all teams that may or may not be resting certain guys to rest up for the playoffs allowing the Clips to possibly steal a win against one of them.

Then you look at the Bulls sched, and they play Jersey (twice), Detroit, Wash, and Toronto. That's 5 winnable games there too. Just by default with having Rose back, they could run into two wins out of those 5 alone.

Seriously, what is with this defeatist attitude that permeates this board. "Ohh, why even go to the playoffs, we'll just get beat"

The fuc*?

Damn...you really said it all and then said some more. I applaud you for sticking your neck out and saying what many people don't want to hear.
KelticForce1349 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 09:25 AM   #10
JimmyConway
****in Morrie

Alright methusala take a breath....point taken. i just feel like our most important players are not healthy right now and id just rather see them not forcing themselves to play through injuries because all three of them would.

I want this team to completely heal, im just thinkin about how the team can succeed in the future and that can only be with a healthy crew, the last thing i wanna read about is how joakim noah fractured his foot in game 4 against the cavs of the first round getting swept. i guarantee you every bulls fan alive would be pissed off beyond belief and be completely angry that a guy important as joakim noah suffered that in a game that we are pretty much guaranteed to lose and everybody knows it (sometimes you just gotta bite the bullet and admit defeat).
JimmyConway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 12:42 PM   #11
fknc
Get JJ Minutes

This weekend is huge. We are 2 games behind Toronto. They don't play tonight so with a win we are a game and a half back. On Sunday Toronto plays Miami who are playing well and we play Detriot who is playing terrible. So at the end of this weekend we could be half a game out of 8th. We just need to play with energy. I think after Thursdays performance guys are going to play hard.
fknc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 08:08 PM   #12
methusala

Quote:
Alright methusala take a breath....point taken. i just feel like our most important players are not healthy right now and id just rather see them not forcing themselves to play through injuries because all three of them would.

I want this team to completely heal, im just thinkin about how the team can succeed in the future and that can only be with a healthy crew, the last thing i wanna read about is how joakim noah fractured his foot in game 4 against the cavs of the first round getting swept. i guarantee you every bulls fan alive would be pissed off beyond belief and be completely angry that a guy important as joakim noah suffered that in a game that we are pretty much guaranteed to lose and everybody knows it (sometimes you just gotta bite the bullet and admit defeat).

Deng is prolly done for the year. He won't be out there again. Rose looks to be almost fine, and his wrist was more of a freak thing than anything else. They are limiting Noah, and aren't going to put him in a position to really blow anything out.

There is something to be said about being a competitor. And going into the offseason with a (relatively) good taste in your mouth. No self respecting athlete wants their season to end while they take it like a ***** on the side lines.

Quote:
Damn...you really said it all and then said some more. I applaud you for sticking your neck out and saying what many people don't want to hear.

Been building for a while. I'm sick of that attitude I alluded to earlier. It's pathetic and perverse.
Old 03-28-2010, 12:21 AM   #13
Crystallas
Smile, you're on ISH

We'll, we're 2 games behind Toronto. I say 2 and not 1.5 because the Raptors have the tiebreaker on us. It's been a bumpy road, but I'm not throwing in the towel until we are mathematically eliminated.
Crystallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 02:30 PM   #14
Undisputed
Do. Your. Job.

Quote:

The fuc*?

Repped...if there was a way to rep still.
Undisputed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 12:09 AM   #15
methusala

One last thing before I put that to bed-

The ones that were around in the first few years post-Jordan should know this, but could you imagine the reaction of the fans of that era if we went back in time and told them that in 2010 that we had fans actually rooting for them to miss the playoffs just to miss out on a probable series loss to the #1 seed?

I guarantee they would be absolutely dumbfounded.

Sometimes we need to remember that they won less than 24 games 5 out of 6 years, and 3 of them the win total was in the teens.

The Bulls are still not to where they should be, but they could be a lot worse. And until they are a consistent upper-tier team, we should just enjoy these boys so long as they are out there busting their ass night in and night out. We've seen the top, we've seen the bottom. We are in the process of working back to the top, and there will be bumps.

But enough of this woe-is-me bullshi*. Push for the playoffs and try to stop DGDE (diseased Gorilla dic* eater) from winning a title that he should never come close to.

PS, half game back of Toronto! (1 game counting the tiebreaker)
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: