Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 03-24-2010, 04:41 AM   #1
Jasi
Quality?

Jasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Anyone still not liking the Gallo pick?

I wish I remembered exactly the nicknames of those of you who insisted on Gallinari not being anything special, if not a bust...
franchize for sure, Rameek maybe? Who else?
Jasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 09:49 AM   #2
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is a pretty well-respected posterRameek is a pretty well-respected posterRameek is a pretty well-respected posterRameek is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Anyone still not liking the Gallo pick?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasi
I wish I remembered exactly the nicknames of those of you who insisted on Gallinari not being anything special, if not a bust...
franchize for sure, Rameek maybe? Who else?
Has Galli shown "Flashes and Potential" of course... Was he a bust because he was injured no but no one knew what he was last year.

I have changed my view on him to some degree where I rather keep him than Chandler if one had to go.

I have been looking for him to be more consistent and aggressive personally. He has disappeared for games is this because of his personality, coach, other veterans on the team I guess all are factors.

I mean these 4 games or whatever has been nice but since the end of January with a game here or there he hasnt been anything special...

Like most Knicks fans and with this roster guys have a nice week then people get excited then when they come back to earth hypers fall to the way side...
Rameek is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 10:46 AM   #3
JerzeyBlaze
BBall gets u cut

JerzeyBlaze is considered somewhat coolJerzeyBlaze is considered somewhat cool

From what i seen last night against the nuggets, Gallo is going to be nice...real nice. Him and Doulas are the keepers. Douglas is going to be real solid as well. The key though is consistency, can he do this every night?
JerzeyBlaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 01:39 PM   #4
NY Comeback
Banned

NY Comeback is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY Comeback is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY Comeback is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY Comeback is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY Comeback is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY Comeback is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY Comeback is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY Comeback is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY Comeback is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY Comeback is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I was a little skeptical at first...liked the pick, didn't love it, but boy does he have a nice game. He could turn into something special someday. I'd like to see him work on his post game a little more now.
NY Comeback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 03:04 PM   #5
earlofupstate
Good High School Starter

earlofupstate is popular on this boardearlofupstate is popular on this boardearlofupstate is popular on this boardearlofupstate is popular on this boardearlofupstate is popular on this board

The period of a no-show for a while this year bothered me. But the way he's playing lately reminds me of when he played in Italy. Hopefully he stays aggressive when Wil comes back, we'll see.
earlofupstate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 09:38 PM   #6
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Well I know for one, I did stand behind the pick.

He is going to be a solid player.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 07:16 AM   #7
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!

Bano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation here

Most people say his stretch of bad games was him hitting his rookie wall. Last year he didnt play so much and he was nearing his 82nd career game around that time he was doing bad.

I think it was because he was working on his post game and only using that in those games. If you noticed, he was barely near the 3 point line in alot of those games.
Bano114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 03:28 PM   #8
NY-Knicks
FIRE PRINGLES

NY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by gencbiba
It was an ok pick. Still would have liked Lopez more. However, Hill over Jennings is one of the worst picks in history.

Same here, we would benefit from having an inside presence like Lopez. I wanted the Knicks to draft Eric Gordon, but they selected Gallo. I wasnt happy with the pick and I would still take Gordon or Lopez any day. But Gallo might have turned out to be a decent pick.
Still, looking back, we could have had a really good young team by now. Thats the thing about looking back.

It is very nice to see Gallo play well, he is on this team and is going to be an important part of our future.

But we screwed up big time this year: Hill over Jennings was a huge mistake, but again there were signs that Jennings had the wrong mindset and attitude.

If I could have it done over:
Brandon Jennings
Marcus Thornton
Wilson Chanler
David Lee
Brook Lopez
NY-Knicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 08:11 AM   #9
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!

Bano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation here

The Knicks already having a small scoring guard(Nate Robinson) + The Knicks already having a white center (David Lee) + Questions about Brook Lopez being able to make it in the NBA + D'Antoni having a man-crush on every italian thing that moves = Knicks Picking Danilo Gallinari

Timberwolves trying to build a team of only pg's through the draft + T'Wolves picking Rubio + T' Wolves picking Flynn + Warriors picking Curry + Jennings having a questionable work ethic + Jennings not getting much PT in Italy= Knicks picking Jordan Hill.

Apparently if you played in Italy you must also be Italian for D'Antoni to try and get you picked.
Bano114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 01:13 PM   #10
earlofupstate
Good High School Starter

earlofupstate is popular on this boardearlofupstate is popular on this boardearlofupstate is popular on this boardearlofupstate is popular on this boardearlofupstate is popular on this board

D' Antoni played ball with Galli's dad. Does that answer you question?
Old 03-29-2010, 01:16 PM   #11
Jasi
Quality?

Jasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by earlofupstate
D' Antoni played ball with Galli's dad. Does that answer you question?

Not really.
"Anyone still not liking the Gallo pick?" =/= "In your opinion, why did D'Antoni pick Gallo?"
Jasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 08:32 PM   #12
earlofupstate
Good High School Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasi
Not really.
"Anyone still not liking the Gallo pick?" =/= "In your opinion, why did D'Antoni pick Gallo?"

That was my opinion.
Old 03-29-2010, 09:52 PM   #13
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is a pretty well-respected posterRameek is a pretty well-respected posterRameek is a pretty well-respected posterRameek is a pretty well-respected poster

too much hindsight 20/20... in this thread because players may have not developed the same if they were on the knicks.

why does GSW get these dleague players that beast... Morrow, Watson, Tolliver, Reggie Williams
Rameek is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 01:27 AM   #14
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Gallinari,although better than i expected,still doesnt WOW me.I dont take back my words.I still woulda went with Joe Alexander who isnt doing anything right now.I liked a couple of players over Gallinari that year and i still do.I think he is good for this system but I dont like this system.It looks good on stats sheets but it wont win any meaningful games.end of the day,Steve Nash and Amare Stoudemire and Shawn Marion in their primes couldnt get to a finals with this style of play.I think we as knicks fans lose site of this and overrate players because they put up numbers in this offense only system. Nate Robinson was getting like 17 a game....that should tell you something. Knicks stats are trumped up like spread offenses in college football.And we see where the Gram Harrells of the world are right?n i furthermore have to disagree with rameek....no way would i take gallinari over chandler.chandler can play 3 position and more importantly guard 3 positions.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 04:14 AM   #15
NY-Knicks
FIRE PRINGLES

NY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNY-Knicks is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
Gallinari,although better than i expected,still doesnt WOW me.I dont take back my words.I still woulda went with Joe Alexander who isnt doing anything right now.I liked a couple of players over Gallinari that year and i still do.I think he is good for this system but I dont like this system.It looks good on stats sheets but it wont win any meaningful games.end of the day,Steve Nash and Amare Stoudemire and Shawn Marion in their primes couldnt get to a finals with this style of play.I think we as knicks fans lose site of this and overrate players because they put up numbers in this offense only system. Nate Robinson was getting like 17 a game....that should tell you something. Knicks stats are trumped up like spread offenses in college football.And we see where the Gram Harrells of the world are right?n i furthermore have to disagree with rameek....no way would i take gallinari over chandler.chandler can play 3 position and more importantly guard 3 positions.

finally, someone who understands that we'll need Chandler as a defensive stopper. You dont want to get a go-to guy and make him defend the other team's best player as well. Chandler fits well in that role. Of course I dont want to lose Gallinari. Unfortunately this FA class is not rich in centers or point guards, which are our biggest weaknesses. David should be shifted back to the 4.
NY-Knicks is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: