Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > College and High School Basketball Forum

College and High School Basketball Forum College basketball message board, high school basketball message board

Old 03-27-2010, 09:15 PM   #241
TennesseeFan
Banned

Default Re: NCAA Elite 8: #1 Kentucky vs #2 West Virginia

Well theres one SEC team left! The Vols!
TennesseeFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 09:31 PM   #242
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

Joe Mazzula w/ the quote of the tournament. Reporter asks, "Did you see this coming?" Mazzula gets a quizzical look, "Uh yeah, I've been able to read minds for the past three or four months." Ask a stupid question...
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 10:04 PM   #243
CLTHornets4eva
Original ISH CLTHornet

Coach Cal keeps proving that a team full of 1 and doners can and will fail in the pursuit of a title every time. Only coaching and experience will win championships. UNC, Kansas, Florida, Florida, UNC etc. In this age of good mid majors, a talented team without experience has an extremely difficult chance of winning.
CLTHornets4eva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 10:08 PM   #244
KG215
NBA Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
Joe Mazzula w/ the quote of the tournament. Reporter asks, "Did you see this coming?" Mazzula gets a quizzical look, "Uh yeah, I've been able to read minds for the past three or four months." Ask a stupid question...

He didn't even miss a beat, which made the quote even funnier.
KG215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 11:32 PM   #245
Undisputed
Do. Your. Job.

Goodbye Kentucky. Good riddance. I wonder if Wall's doing his lame dance right now...probably not.
Undisputed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 11:54 PM   #246
KG215
NBA Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undisputed
Goodbye Kentucky. Good riddance. I wonder if Wall's doing his lame dance right now...probably not.

No, but he probably will be doing it again in a few months when someone makes him an instant multi-millionaire.
Old 03-28-2010, 12:05 AM   #247
Undisputed
Do. Your. Job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG215
No, but he probably will be doing it again in a few months when someone makes him an instant multi-millionaire.
Indeed. But not tonight.
Undisputed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 02:40 AM   #248
Plat
Learning to shoot layups

When will Calipari learn...
Plat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 05:16 AM   #249
joyner82
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski

Wouldn't it be able to see into the future? How could reading minds by beneficial in this instance? Dumb quote by a smartass trying to make a fool of a reporter.
joyner82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 08:11 AM   #250
JMT
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plat
When will Calipari learn...

Learn to what? Get prized recruits? Nab whatever multi-million dollar, prime coaching job you want?

You've got two choices as a program. You can get a guy who can consistently recruit the very best players in the country, knowing that the cream will only be around for a year, and ride that talent as far as it'll go. If you're pretty good and a little lucky, you'll become a fixture in the Sweet 16 and, given the right set of circumstances, win a title.

Or you can hire a lifer and focus on the long term, whatever that is in college basketball today. Recruit that next level of talent, hope that some of it matures into the kind of player you can build upon for a couple years. If you're pretty good and a little lucky, you'll become a fixture in the Sweet 16 and, given the right set of circumstances, win a title.

I'm no Calipari apologist. He's a snake oil salesman, just like lots and lots of other coaches around the country.

But I am curious just what you think he needs to "learn".
JMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 09:22 AM   #251
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLTHornets4eva
Coach Cal keeps proving that a team full of 1 and doners can and will fail in the pursuit of a title every time. Only coaching and experience will win championships. UNC, Kansas, Florida, Florida, UNC etc. In this age of good mid majors, a talented team without experience has an extremely difficult chance of winning.

That isnt the problem its the style in which Kentucky depends on. The 3pt shot and easy transition buckets. WVU took away Cousins and forced Kentucky to shoot from the outside. Kentucky failed there and one of thier biggest weaknesses that often goes unnoticed, overlooked? FT shooting.

4-32 from 3pt territory, Kentucky attempted 67 shots total
16-29 from the charity stripe...kentucky hits half the fts they missed? Diff ballgame

I think the only time inexperienced showed was on the defensive end. A couple times WVU ran the same play and executed but it could have been denied if the players were in the right position. John Wall got caught not being where he should have been as a help defender and WVU scored easily. I'm no X's and O's coach but WVU got some easy buckets that should have been denied or atleast challenged.

I'm not disagreeing that a talented, inexperienced team wouldnt have trouble. I just dont think vs WVU that was the case. What has had Kentucky winning came back to bite them in the ass. If they arent hitting thier 3pt shots thier halfcourt offense is weak. Kinda reminds me of the Sixers. Thats all teams had to do was force them to run half court sets and watch the Sixers struggle to score. They however didnt depend on 3pt shooting but transition buckets, forcing turnovers having the defense not set up backpedalling. Force them to play halfcourt basketball and your chances of winning increase.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 09:51 AM   #252
UConnCeltics
Celtics/Red Sox/Eagles

WVU can win the whole thing. If Mazzula can just score 10 ppg the rest of the way and Bryant comes back and is another much needed ball hander, I don't see them losing. No one left in the tourney can deal with their size and strength. Besides Mazzula and Bryant, every player that WVU plays is at least 6'7''.
UConnCeltics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 12:53 PM   #253
KG215
NBA Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by joyner82
Wouldn't it be able to see into the future? How could reading minds by beneficial in this instance? Dumb quote by a smartass trying to make a fool of a reporter.

You're a moron. It was a college kid having a light hearted moment after a big win. Do you sit out on the front porch of your house and yell at the neighborhood kids to slow down and get off your lawn, too?
Old 03-28-2010, 07:01 PM   #254
d_white089
Let's Go.....

Final 4 Baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
d_white089 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: