Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-30-2010, 10:18 PM   #16
Pharcyde
Big like Magic
 
Pharcyde's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 2,284
Pharcyde is a pretty well-respected posterPharcyde is a pretty well-respected posterPharcyde is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Dang Deng!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Getter
How do you know/how so?

They are the same people that cleared Deng to play on a broken leg.....
Pharcyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 10:18 PM   #17
Pharcyde
Big like Magic
 
Pharcyde's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 2,284
Pharcyde is a pretty well-respected posterPharcyde is a pretty well-respected posterPharcyde is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Dang Deng!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystallas
Our medical staff has been great.

No the hell they haven't.
Pharcyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 08:58 AM   #18
Philw
Can barely lace up my sneakers
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: London, UK
Posts: 7
Philw has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Dang Deng!

Personally, being a Brit, I love having Deng on our team. I don't know if he's injury-prone, just unlucky. Apparently he was warming up before the Phx game last nite so hopefully he'll be back soon. I hope we keep him, and next year he finally gets over his bad luck with injury and plays a full season.
Philw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 12:52 PM   #19
drwax26
High School Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 832
drwax26 has decent reputationdrwax26 has decent reputation
Default Re: Dang Deng!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamaraw08
Why would the Grizz trade a good, cheap AND reliable player for Deng, a 14 mil/year player who is always hurt?
First, Rudy gay will command the same if not more than what deng got so he wouldnt be cheap anymore and deng doesnt make 14mill/year The grizz dont have enough balls to go around on that team. Both gay and mayo like to shoot and u still have an all star pf down low to get his touches. Deng doesnt need to shoot a lot to be effective but can be a 3rd option on that team and do just fine.

Last edited by drwax26 : 03-31-2010 at 12:58 PM.
drwax26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 05:15 PM   #20
tamaraw08
Decent college freshman
 
tamaraw08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 2,549
tamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Dang Deng!

Quote:
Originally Posted by drwax26
First, Rudy gay will command the same if not more than what deng got so he wouldnt be cheap anymore and deng doesnt make 14mill/year The grizz dont have enough balls to go around on that team. Both gay and mayo like to shoot and u still have an all star pf down low to get his touches. Deng doesnt need to shoot a lot to be effective but can be a 3rd option on that team and do just fine.


Memphis has a 4.4 Mil qualifying offer to Rudy Gay,heck of a lot less than 12.3 in 2010 season for Deng. For the 2011 season, this Injury prone player who disappears when his team badly needs him, will get 13.3 and FINALLY 14.3 Mil in 2013.
In comparison, Shawn Marion who can basically do what Deng does is getting an ave of 8 Mil/year.
Again Memphis would have to be absolutely crazy to absorb a huge contract like Deng esp if that player is always injured.
tamaraw08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 05:34 PM   #21
Crystallas
Smile, you're on ISH
 
Crystallas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 3,309
Crystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Dang Deng!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pharcyde
They are the same people that cleared Deng to play on a broken leg.....


Link?

I hate to break it to you, but our MEDICAL staff is one of the best in the world. If that isn't good enough, the 3rd party options provided to the players through countless world-renown city universities and hospitals for medicine have also put their 2 cents into all of the Bulls injuries.
Again, the strength and conditioning trainers are the ones you should be pointing fingers at. And even if a Doctor cleared a player prematurely, then all the team needs is ONE Doctor who is willing to claim any player to be ready. That's sport's politics, and you can't blame the medical staff for that.

Last edited by Crystallas : 03-31-2010 at 05:38 PM.
Crystallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 06:01 PM   #22
Pharcyde
Big like Magic
 
Pharcyde's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 2,284
Pharcyde is a pretty well-respected posterPharcyde is a pretty well-respected posterPharcyde is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Dang Deng!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystallas
Link?
No, but it happened. Deng had to get his own doctor to evaluate it. But our great medical staff cleared him to play.

Quote:
I hate to break it to you, but our MEDICAL staff is one of the best in the world.
No, they aren't. If they were world class then why has Noah missed so much time that surgery can fix or just a special sole can fix? Why have 3 players gotten Plantar Fascia for us the past couple of seasons? Why was Deng cleared to play on a broken leg? They've even stated Eddy Curry had terrible and threatening heart conditions when he was on his weight loss pills.
James Johnson has just partially torn his Plantar Fascia.... and has been told he can play. Which if he tears it all the way, he's going to be out for a month.
Quote:
Again, the strength and conditioning trainers are the ones you should be pointing fingers at. And even if a Doctor cleared a player prematurely, then all the team needs is ONE Doctor who is willing to claim any player to be ready. That's sport's politics, and you can't blame the medical staff for that.
No, its both of them. And yes, I can blame the medical staff.
Pharcyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 09:02 PM   #23
drwax26
High School Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 832
drwax26 has decent reputationdrwax26 has decent reputation
Default Re: Dang Deng!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamaraw08
Memphis has a 4.4 Mil qualifying offer to Rudy Gay,heck of a lot less than 12.3 in 2010 season for Deng. For the 2011 season, this Injury prone player who disappears when his team badly needs him, will get 13.3 and FINALLY 14.3 Mil in 2013.
In comparison, Shawn Marion who can basically do what Deng does is getting an ave of 8 Mil/year.
Again Memphis would have to be absolutely crazy to absorb a huge contract like Deng esp if that player is always injured.

Yeah we all know rudy gay isnt playing for 4.4 million this season and the GM has already said they will pay him big bucks.
drwax26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 09:03 PM   #24
Crystallas
Smile, you're on ISH
 
Crystallas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 3,309
Crystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Dang Deng!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pharcyde
No, but it happened. Deng had to get his own doctor to evaluate it. But our great medical staff cleared him to play.


No, they aren't. If they were world class then why has Noah missed so much time that surgery can fix or just a special sole can fix? Why have 3 players gotten Plantar Fascia for us the past couple of seasons? Why was Deng cleared to play on a broken leg? They've even stated Eddy Curry had terrible and threatening heart conditions when he was on his weight loss pills.
James Johnson has just partially torn his Plantar Fascia.... and has been told he can play. Which if he tears it all the way, he's going to be out for a month.

No, its both of them. And yes, I can blame the medical staff.

I think your spinning facts.

Oh, and Deng lied about his age, he's actually 42 years old. I have no link, sorry, but its true.

BTW, Noah is endorsed by a company that doesn't make good basketball shoes. He had insoles, and I have plantar fasciitis in both of my feet, I can tell you right now that surgery and soles do not fix the problem. Surgery could result in a 1-2 year recovery period, if it is successful, and there is no reason for it not to come back, especially with the wrong shoes.

Also, have you read anything coming from these guys, they WANT to play, even hurt or at 80% health. A doctor clears a player if they are ABLE, doesn't mean they have to be 100% or healed. As long as the concern is not life threatening, otherwise it is up to the player and the staff if they want to utilize that person. There is not a medical staff in the league that would have prevented the unfortunate for us.

But you could always go become a doctor, try and get hired by a NBA team, and do better yourself, see what it's like. Anyone that is asked for advise knows that people DO NOT ALWAYS take your advise. So again, HOW IS THIS ANY OF THE MEDICAL STAFF'S FAULT? All I see is SLANDER.
Crystallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 11:01 PM   #25
ljsbb27
Local High School Star
 
ljsbb27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,176
ljsbb27 is popular on this boardljsbb27 is popular on this boardljsbb27 is popular on this boardljsbb27 is popular on this board
Default Re: Dang Deng!

Deng is tradeable only if the right trade comes along. We have to get a pretty good player in return for me to be ok with it. His injuries are unfortunate and they always seem to happen at the worst of times but the truth of the matter is that when he's out there on the court he has proved to be an efficient and solid contributor on the offensive end as well as being a pretty good defender. If an offer comes in that includes an Al Jefferson or Rudy Gay, or in a sign and trade for a Chris Bosh or Joe Johnson, or something involving players of that kind of caliber than im all for it, but if not then we hold onto Deng and hope that this getting injured nonsense stops.
ljsbb27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 05:05 PM   #26
tamaraw08
Decent college freshman
 
tamaraw08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 2,549
tamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Dang Deng!

Quote:
Originally Posted by drwax26
Yeah we all know rudy gay isnt playing for 4.4 million this season and the GM has already said they will pay him big bucks.

I bet you a dollar he will NOT get more than 10 Mil /year contract.

SFs are like a dime a dozen. Like I said, guys like Marion are getting 8Mil per year, Artest gave the Lakers a discount at 6 Mil, same with Ariza.
tamaraw08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 10:28 AM   #27
Pharcyde
Big like Magic
 
Pharcyde's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 2,284
Pharcyde is a pretty well-respected posterPharcyde is a pretty well-respected posterPharcyde is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Dang Deng!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystallas
I think your spinning facts.

Oh, and Deng lied about his age, he's actually 42 years old. I have no link, sorry, but its true.
Yeah, I would totally just make that up in my head. If you've paid a lick of attention the past few years you would realize some of these things.

Quote:
BTW, Noah is endorsed by a company that doesn't make good basketball shoes. He had insoles, and I have plantar fasciitis in both of my feet, I can tell you right now that surgery and soles do not fix the problem. Surgery could result in a 1-2 year recovery period, if it is successful, and there is no reason for it not to come back, especially with the wrong shoes.
He had the same insoles that the Spurs gave Tony Parker? No, he didn't. Surgery could have had him back within 6 weeks, or we could have went the route the spurs went with Tony Parker. But we didn't.


Quote:
There is not a medical staff in the league that would have prevented the unfortunate for us.
They definitely could have prevented Deng from his injuries this year. It's pretty apparent the guy has wear and tear issues. He strained his calf, which is a pretty small injury that doesn't require a lot of missed time, the medical staff cleared him for practice, and the shit swells up like a balloon and he's out for 12 games.


Quote:
But you could always go become a doctor, try and get hired by a NBA team, and do better yourself, see what it's like. Anyone that is asked for advise knows that people DO NOT ALWAYS take your advise. So again, HOW IS THIS ANY OF THE MEDICAL STAFF'S FAULT? All I see is SLANDER.
Yeah, this is a good argument. Because I can't do better I shouldn't complain? I'm not a better basketball player then Pargo, but hell, I shouldn't complain about him should I? All I see is you sticking up for something that is a huge problem, for some unfounded reason. The medical staff is terrible, and so are our trainers. What's so astounding about this to you, I have no clue.
Pharcyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 11:17 AM   #28
Go Getter
Wild 100's
 
Go Getter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: The Wasatch Range
Posts: 14,443
Go Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Dang Deng!

I'm on the fence as far as the medical staff.

Oner thing for sure is that Deng's lower extremeties are frail.

No doctor can help that.
Go Getter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 01:40 PM   #29
Crystallas
Smile, you're on ISH
 
Crystallas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 3,309
Crystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Dang Deng!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pharcyde
Yeah, I would totally just make that up in my head. If you've paid a lick of attention the past few years you would realize some of these things.
Circle Logic?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Pharcyde
He had the same insoles that the Spurs gave Tony Parker? No, he didn't. Surgery could have had him back within 6 weeks, or we could have went the route the spurs went with Tony Parker. But we didn't.

Do you think every podiatric issue results in the same treatment options. This is why you aren't a doctor.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Pharcyde
They definitely could have prevented Deng from his injuries this year. It's pretty apparent the guy has wear and tear issues. He strained his calf, which is a pretty small injury that doesn't require a lot of missed time, the medical staff cleared him for practice, and the shit swells up like a balloon and he's out for 12 games.
The Bulls don't employ doctors that live in players heads to satisfy your needs.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Pharcyde
Yeah, this is a good argument. Because I can't do better I shouldn't complain? I'm not a better basketball player then Pargo, but hell, I shouldn't complain about him should I? All I see is you sticking up for something that is a huge problem, for some unfounded reason. The medical staff is terrible, and so are our trainers. What's so astounding about this to you, I have no clue.
Yes, you shouldn't complain when you don't have facts.


I'm sorry, but I get awfully passionate about a subject I went to school for, and it's misrepresentation.
Crystallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 11:53 PM   #30
Undisputed
Devil without a cause
 
Undisputed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 7,509
Undisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Dang Deng!

It was awesome to see Luol back. Hopefully he responds well to the game activity and finishes up the season on the floor.
Undisputed is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:02 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy