Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Brooklyn Nets Forum

Brooklyn Nets Forum Brooklyn Nets message board - Brooklyn Nets forum

Old 11-07-2006, 10:58 PM   #1
funkylikemonkey
Football In The Groin

funkylikemonkey has an OK reputation so far
Default Best duo in NBA history

Has to be Ian Eagle and Kelly Tripucka. Don't get me wrong, I love Mark Jackson as an individual, but the team of Ian and Kelly were an amazing combo who shared the best chemistry in announcing history.
funkylikemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 11:20 PM   #2
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat cool
Default re

during the Kenyon Martin days, I would always look forward to Ian Eagle, Kelly Tripucka on TV.

Tripucka's contract expired but I know Ian Eagle still works for the Nets.
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 01:20 AM   #3
Star#9
Banned

Star#9 has an OK reputation so far

If Bill Walton and Charles Barkley ever annouced together they would be the GOAT of announcing.
Star#9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 01:54 AM   #4
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Best Duo as far as impact and domination in the league, Shaq and Kobe. Best duo when you put together impact and cohesiveness, Stockton and Malone (And at one time it looked like Steve Nash and Amare would be somewhere on that list.)
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 06:42 AM   #5
funkylikemonkey
Football In The Groin

funkylikemonkey has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokes15
Best Duo as far as impact and domination in the league, Shaq and Kobe. Best duo when you put together impact and cohesiveness, Stockton and Malone (And at one time it looked like Steve Nash and Amare would be somewhere on that list.)

I think you misunderstood the thread, but even if you did misunderstand it, I think Jordan/Pippen and Magic/Kareem should always be mentioned in the best duo conversations.
funkylikemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 10:06 AM   #6
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

ditto.

and shaq and kobe for their star-power were a horrible duo. they barely tolerated each other, didn't mesh as well as they could have, and kobe tended to stagnate the offense. they were together what, eight years? and only played well for about three out of those years.

shaq and wade is a better duo IMO. they respect each other and get the most out of what each of them has to offer. and even tho the triangle is designed to spread the offense around, the shaq-wade duo seems to make the offense work better as a whole.

there are prolly some fantastic duos from the 50's-60's-70's, perhaps russell and someone else, but it was before my time and it's OT anyway.
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 01:10 PM   #7
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkylikemonkey
I think you misunderstood the thread, but even if you did misunderstand it, I think Jordan/Pippen and Magic/Kareem should always be mentioned in the best duo conversations.

Jordan and Pippen were an excellent Duo, but they weren't together nearly as long as Stockton and Malone. Also, a duo doesn't have the same kind of impact when it's not inside and out like Stockton/Malone, Magic/Kareem, or Shaq/Kobe. Say what you want about how they didn't get along, but think of how great and dominant that duo was that they didn't like each other and they still won 3 championships.
Old 11-08-2006, 01:59 PM   #8
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

...and jordan/pippen won six. very possibly eight if jordan hadn't retired the first time. and maximised their time together, unlike shaq/kobe.

next question?
Old 11-08-2006, 03:59 PM   #9
bokes15
Playoffs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigantes
...and jordan/pippen won six. very possibly eight if jordan hadn't retired the first time. and maximised their time together, unlike shaq/kobe.

next question?

you're not seeing the point here. We're both saying the same thing. THe difference is that i'm saying that IF shaq and kobe had maximised their time together, they would possibly have still been winning championships today. Which is why I said they're the best in terms of dominance. Kobe was dominant and Shaq was dominant, and they were a duo. On the bulls, Jordan was dominant and Pippen was versatile. They just new how to play towards each others strengths.
Old 11-08-2006, 04:07 PM   #10
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat cool
Default re

Quote:
you're not seeing the point here. We're both saying the same thing. THe difference is that i'm saying that IF shaq and kobe had maximised their time together, they would possibly have still been winning championships today. Which is why I said they're the best in terms of dominance. Kobe was dominant and Shaq was dominant, and they were a duo. On the bulls, Jordan was dominant and Pippen was versatile. They just new how to play towards each others strengths.

another one of those "on paper" fans.
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 05:30 PM   #11
gigantes
A piece of fluff

Quote:
okay, i take your point. i agree with you that shaq and kobe are amazing, dominant and unique players.

i guess where i disagree with you is when it comes to calling them "a duo". just because two great players are on the same team does not mean they make a duo. even the seasons in which they won the trophy they frequently squabbled and only managed to play well for stretches- fortunately PJ made sure it was when it counted.

i'll grant you that in the middle of their mini-dynasty there was a feeling of "god, this will go on forever and ever", but the fact that they fell apart so quickly tells you about their legacy. at least jordan/pippen had about eight dominant seasons as a duo. three seasons is just not enough time to get this title IMO.

'ifs' aside, of course.
Old 11-08-2006, 05:38 PM   #12
whaley82
High School JV MVP

whaley82 has decent reputation

The only reason why they fell apart really was because of the Charges against Kobe, Shaq couldn't get over that. And I disagree I feel that they were a duo, they worked very well together and they complimented each other in most games there were some games where it seemed that they wanted the spotlight for themselves. But the majority of the time other then the last year they were on the same year when Kobe was going in and out of court. They did very well together.
whaley82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 07:34 AM   #13
wally_world
M0derator

wally_world has decent reputationwally_world has decent reputation

Bryum and Turiaf! who else???!!!
wally_world is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 09:04 PM   #14
RichMo
OL' Schoolin 'em

RichMo has decent reputationRichMo has decent reputation

Don't sleep on the 82-83 sixers duo of Dr. J & Moses Malone (I was a big sixer fan back then). I will also throw in a couple more depending on How far back you want to go.

Dr. J-Moses Malone
Bird-Mchale
Kareem-Magic
Kareem-Oscar Robertson
RichMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 09:14 PM   #15
bokes15
Playoffs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigantes
okay, i take your point. i agree with you that shaq and kobe are amazing, dominant and unique players.

i guess where i disagree with you is when it comes to calling them "a duo". just because two great players are on the same team does not mean they make a duo. even the seasons in which they won the trophy they frequently squabbled and only managed to play well for stretches- fortunately PJ made sure it was when it counted.

i'll grant you that in the middle of their mini-dynasty there was a feeling of "god, this will go on forever and ever", but the fact that they fell apart so quickly tells you about their legacy. at least jordan/pippen had about eight dominant seasons as a duo. three seasons is just not enough time to get this title IMO.

'ifs' aside, of course.

I guess they weren't a duo in the sense that they didn't get along. But the reason I included them is because, when I think of a great duo.. I think that the best Duo's involve someone who plays inside and someone who plays outside. Like Yao and T-mac type of thing.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: