Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 01-05-2013, 04:28 PM   #1
Tool
Ball til I fall

Tool is considered somewhat coolTool is considered somewhat cool
Default This just in Bargnani benched

Yess sir there is a god after all

Quote:
When Andrea Bargnani returns, Ed Davis will remain a starter for Raptors

“Jose earned his spot. It’s about earning, he earned his position, just like as of right now Eddie Davis is going to make a hard case to pull him out of the lineup because he’s earned that position,” Casey said.

http://www.torontosun.com/2013/01/04...er-for-raptors
Tool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 04:33 PM   #2
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: This just in Bargnani benched

Thank you! Best news i've heard all year!
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 05:08 PM   #3
brwnman

brwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputation

So saying Aaron Gray will be going to the bench and we'll see a starting lineup of Bargs/Ed...
brwnman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 05:35 PM   #4
lilbeastnani
InsideScoops

lilbeastnani has a bad reputationlilbeastnani has a bad reputationlilbeastnani has a bad reputationlilbeastnani has a bad reputation

I'm surprised they would put Bargs on the bench if they want to trade him unless those reports are true that they'd get rid of him for scraps and late picks.
lilbeastnani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 12:27 PM   #5
RaininThrees
Meats Don't Clash

RaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbeastnani
I'm surprised they would put Bargs on the bench if they want to trade him unless those reports are true that they'd get rid of him for scraps and late picks.

Honestly, what more could they possibly expect for Bargs than scraps and late picks? Maybe a bad contract tossed in for good measure?

If the Raps hope to get anything of value in a deal for Bargnani, they're going to have to throw in some value on their end.
RaininThrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 09:32 AM   #6
Jballer
Local High School Star

Jballer has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaininThrees
Honestly, what more could they possibly expect for Bargs than scraps and late picks? Maybe a bad contract tossed in for good measure?

If the Raps hope to get anything of value in a deal for Bargnani, they're going to have to throw in some value on their end.

Yep agreed.

Bargnani is balance of this year : $11m next year and $12m the year after (2014/5). There may even be a trade kicker in there as well... who knows...Calderon has one.

I think there are only two plays. Package Jose and Barges for a player with a big contract as long or longer and get "some talent back that wont necessarily fit the development of the team". i.e. Gasol (Lakers) Ike (Denver) JJohnson (Nets) assuming these teams want to "free" these contracts away. Teams in this position at least get salary cap relief of around $10m when Jose expries... Gasol et all are guys making $18 - $23million so Barges is actually a savings.

Or try to find a team way under cap (Rockets) that have a 2-3 window and need off the bench depth to step up...

Either way a hard sell..

Last edited by Jballer : 01-07-2013 at 09:36 AM.
Jballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 11:24 AM   #7
Burgz V2
Decent college freshman

Burgz V2 is a pretty well-respected posterBurgz V2 is a pretty well-respected posterBurgz V2 is a pretty well-respected poster

even if we get scraps for him, we will be rid of his contract that is limiting our ability to trade for key pieces for this team. We are still a LONG ways away from being a playoff contender, and at least (imo) another rebuild from being a championship contender. This was long overdue, but let's be real Bargnani is the just the beginning of the problem.

I wish we could trade ownership groups, now that would be something I'd endorse in a heartbeat
Burgz V2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 12:05 PM   #8
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Yeah, sucks but it's just a shitty result of BC holding onto him for so long. I'm ok with getting expiring scraps and late picks for him at this point because thats whats realistic. But like i've said before i'll be really upset if we package Lowry or Calderon with him and don't get a servicable starting lineup quality player in return. Or if we get an old "vet" back with a huge contract to "accelerate the process."
Old 01-07-2013, 06:20 PM   #9
Beebo
****ing Rudy Gay man

Beebo has decent reputationBeebo has decent reputation

I have a bad feeling that BC would make a panic move to save his job by packaging Bargs and one of our prospects (Davis or Ross) so that we can go on a playoff run.
Beebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 08:44 PM   #10
RaininThrees
Meats Don't Clash

RaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burgz V2
even if we get scraps for him, we will be rid of his contract that is limiting our ability to trade for key pieces for this team. We are still a LONG ways away from being a playoff contender, and at least (imo) another rebuild from being a championship contender. This was long overdue, but let's be real Bargnani is the just the beginning of the problem.

I wish we could trade ownership groups, now that would be something I'd endorse in a heartbeat

Two things:

I'm not saying they shouldn't trade him for scraps. If that's the worst they do, I'd be happy to just rid the team of him and his contract. Have to make the $$ work in the trade machine though. What I am saying is that I hope no one expects to get anything of value back for him.

I don't have anything really bad to say about MLSE as an owner. I mean, yes they've held on to BC for too long, but they haven't been meddling, we never hear about $$ issues, they spend to the cap, etc. I'd honestly prefer an owner to be conservative with regards to the hiring and firing of GMs than the opposite. It's pretty clear that BC is on his last legs in TO, which he should be (evidenced by the board going over his head to tell Casey to not worry about playing Bargnani anymore).
Old 01-07-2013, 08:44 PM   #11
RaininThrees
Meats Don't Clash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beebo
I have a bad feeling that BC would make a panic move to save his job by packaging Bargs and one of our prospects (Davis or Ross) so that we can go on a playoff run.

I honestly don't think he has that authority any more.
Old 01-07-2013, 09:41 PM   #12
bokes15
Playoffs!

Any team that would be willing to take Bargnani off our hands right now by himself with 23 mill left on his contract over the next 2 years would be doing us a favor. So i'm sure any team trying to get him would be looking for a pretty big throw in. Lowry, Calderon, Ross, Davis, a pick, something. I think any Bargnani deal we make whether it's packaged with someone or not we come out on the losing end. Call me crazy but I can see Bargs and Calderon still being on our roster after the trade deadline.
Old 01-08-2013, 03:14 PM   #13
wongal
Can barely lace up my sneakers

wongal has an OK reputation so far

At this point of time, trading Bargnani wasn't a good move as his value has shrunk due to his under-performance. We should bench him for now since Ed Davis is playing so good as a starter at this moment. We should only consider him as a starter ONLY if barg gets back his shooting rhythm as well as being more aggressive on the defensive end such as getting rebounds.
wongal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 03:18 PM   #14
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

Chamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputation

Bargnani being aggressive and getting rebounds?
Chamberlain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 03:21 PM   #15
n00bie
Vince's Real Daddy

n00bie is considered somewhat cooln00bie is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by wongal
At this point of time, trading Bargnani wasn't a good move as his value has shrunk due to his under-performance. We should bench him for now since Ed Davis is playing so good as a starter at this moment. We should only consider him as a starter ONLY if barg gets back his shooting rhythm as well as being more aggressive on the defensive end such as getting rebounds.

Never happened in his WHOLE CAREER.
n00bie is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: