Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Sacramento Kings Forum

Sacramento Kings Forum Sacramento Kings forum - Sacramento Kings message board

Old 11-09-2006, 09:37 PM   #16
RainierBeachPoet
NEVER forget da SONICS

RainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

one of the major factors in new arenas are the "sky boxes"

usually corporations buy up these boxes and insure the club a certain high level of revenue

can the outlying areas of sacramento insure the sale of the corporation boxes

as you know, the nba owners want $$$ and many "real" fans are priced out and are content with buying the games on cable tv
RainierBeachPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 10:55 PM   #17
BradMiller52
Kings fan

BradMiller52 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainierBeachPoet
one of the major factors in new arenas are the "sky boxes"

usually corporations buy up these boxes and insure the club a certain high level of revenue

can the outlying areas of sacramento insure the sale of the corporation boxes

as you know, the nba owners want $$$ and many "real" fans are priced out and are content with buying the games on cable tv

Pretty much. I remember one of their complaints with current Arco was it didn't have enough luxury boxes or whatever they're called.
BradMiller52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 05:15 AM   #18
RainierBeachPoet
NEVER forget da SONICS

RainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradMiller52
Pretty much. I remember one of their complaints with current Arco was it didn't have enough luxury boxes or whatever they're called.

this is where the owners make the big bucks--- the boxes-- and this is the major reason why certain arenas become "obsolete"

the only exception is conseco arena in indianapolis. very fan friendly; the worst is staples center-- two levels of boxes there
Old 11-11-2006, 05:34 PM   #19
RainierBeachPoet
NEVER forget da SONICS

good news for kings fans:

"Strip away the raw emotion, the harsh campaign talk, the cheering fans and the booing voters and the Sacramento Kings' future comes down to one thing: Where can team owners Joe and Gavin Maloof get the best business deal? The answer: They're in it. An analysis by The Bee and interviews with sports business experts reveal that all of the cities most often mentioned as a new location for the Kings have big obstacles or huge financial risks that make them poor fits for the team. That gives Sacramento significant home-court advantage, the experts say." Sacramento Bee

"If the Maloofs want total control of an arena, if they want all the revenues, if they want to call all the shots," said Stanford sports economist Roger Noll "then they're stuck with Arco." The Maloofs understand risk. They say the Kings have lost money four of the eight years the family has owned the team." Sacramento Bee

or is it?
Old 11-11-2006, 06:07 PM   #20
BradMiller52
Kings fan

It's a newspaper article I think coming from one of the pro Kings writers at the bee but I think it is. Better news would be if the city/businesses in the city got their asses in gear and started brainstorming or something.
Old 11-11-2006, 07:08 PM   #21
RainierBeachPoet
NEVER forget da SONICS

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradMiller52
It's a newspaper article I think coming from one of the pro Kings writers at the bee but I think it is. Better news would be if the city/businesses in the city got their asses in gear and started brainstorming or something.

it seemed like a spin-cheerleading type article to me. i just am not familiar with the way the bee works it

the bottom line is: where does the $$$ come from to buy a new arena?
Old 11-14-2006, 12:18 AM   #22
Kiss Murder
Decent playground baller

Kiss Murder has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
it seemed like a spin-cheerleading type article to me. i just am not familiar with the way the bee works it

The Maloofs and US, THE PEOPLE, BUT WE DON'T WANT IT OBVIOUSLY.

ADFJHASDLKJFHASDLKJFHASLKJDFHASKDFHASLKJDFHASKLJDF HWQIUEYROIQWER
Kiss Murder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 01:45 AM   #23
BradMiller52
Kings fan

Quote:

People will be more pro arena if the paper puts a positive spin on it. People don't go online and look up facts or go on message boards, they watch news10 for half an hour a night and read the paper in the morning before going to work. If the Bee says positive things about it they'll start thinking that way. Idiots like RE Graswich were the ones who doomed this campaign by writing things like

"the multibillion $ brothers are out to scam Sacramento! And I have the storry! Hahahaha(maniacal laugh)-oh **** some people saw that part... Anyway, Maloofs are bad! Arena is a bad deal! (insert lie about arena here). (and here). This doesn't help the people or city at all[except for the part of how it gives more than 600 million dollars to county projects but I'll leave that out in my article]."
Old 11-19-2006, 02:12 AM   #24
Targus™
Good college starter

Targus™ has an OK reputation so far

the NBA is now taking over the arena talks. i think its a good idea for the maloofs to just step back and see what gets done.
Targus™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 04:58 PM   #25
RainierBeachPoet
NEVER forget da SONICS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Targus™
the NBA is now taking over the arena talks. i think its a good idea for the maloofs to just step back and see what gets done.

any developments?
Old 11-22-2006, 08:39 PM   #26
Targus™
Good college starter

Lightbulb

not really. However, Stern said that he has no plans to relocate any franchise to Anaheim and is not considering Las Vegas. Mayor Heather Fargo said she has her own plans that she thinks will help fund an arena. basically, she said something like this:

1. Making every player in the NBA take a paycut in order to fund the new Sacramento Arena.

2. Putting a new tax on everything sold at games (not just Kings games), like food stands, etc.
Old 11-22-2006, 08:56 PM   #27
bigboi_baller
NBA rookie of the year

bigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this board

Quote:
2. Putting a new tax on everything sold at games (not just Kings games), like food stands, etc.
I like that, a lot.
bigboi_baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 12:37 AM   #28
Targus™
Good college starter

yeah i do too but i dont think ppl in other cities would be ok with paying for an arena across the country.
Old 11-23-2006, 01:10 AM   #29
bigboi_baller
NBA rookie of the year

bigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this board

Quote:
yeah i do too but i dont think ppl in other cities would be ok with paying for an arena across the country.
By not just Kings games, do you mean other NBA team's games?

I thought you meant like Hornet, Aggies and HeatWave games...And stuff like WWE wrestling
bigboi_baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 06:05 PM   #30
RainierBeachPoet
NEVER forget da SONICS

Quote:
Mayor Heather Fargo said she has her own plans that she thinks will help fund an arena. basically, she said something like this:

1. Making every player in the NBA take a paycut in order to fund the new Sacramento Arena.

so, the fate of your franchise is in the hands of a "heather" who thinks the nba guys are going to take a paycut to save sac-town?

i am praying for you all more than for the sonics...
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: