Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Brooklyn Nets Forum

Brooklyn Nets Forum Brooklyn Nets message board - Brooklyn Nets forum

Old 04-04-2010, 01:47 AM   #1
e's Nikees
I brick open layups

Default Anybody agrees that Terrance Williams should start?

I love this young team.

Devin Harris.
Terrance Williams.
Brook Lopez.

I like Derrick Favors, DeMarcus Cousins, I think we need another big man, we have enough scorers and enough guards on this team. What do you guys think? Is it just me? I mean our big men are terrible outside of BL. Josh Boone? really?

So if we do land the first pick, what's the best decision?
e's Nikees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 02:00 PM   #2
gigantes
A piece of fluff

Default Re: Anybody agrees that Terrance Williams should start?

t-will needs to start the same way that roddy beaubois needs to start. ie, both are young but amazing (and very promising).

but there are only two legit starters from this year's team, and only one of them is extra-special. namely, b-lopez and c-lee. because of this, the nets can draft the best player available.

ie, there is absolutely no reason to hesitate if they can draft a player to take over harris', yi's, the SF's, or even courtney lee's position.

bottom line: the nets are pretty-much crap. any quality upgrade is... an upgrade.
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 08:00 PM   #3
e's Nikees
I brick open layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigantes
t-will needs to start the same way that roddy beaubois needs to start. ie, both are young but amazing (and very promising).

but there are only two legit starters from this year's team, and only one of them is extra-special. namely, b-lopez and c-lee. because of this, the nets can draft the best player available.

ie, there is absolutely no reason to hesitate if they can draft a player to take over harris', yi's, the SF's, or even courtney lee's position.

bottom line: the nets are pretty-much crap. any quality upgrade is... an upgrade.

woahh woah whats wrong with harris?
e's Nikees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 08:11 PM   #4
gigantes
A piece of fluff

Quote:
Originally Posted by e's Nikees
defense awful, mediocre at best at running an offense, frequently injured, lousy shooting percentages.

was that supposed to be a pop quiz?
Old 04-06-2010, 08:50 PM   #5
post up
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Quote:
Originally Posted by e's Nikees

Harris is what he is, a shoot first point guard who doesn't necessarily make his teammates better. I love his hustle and his general affinity for the game but he possesses zero leadership qualities. Last season, with VC in the picture, it opened up Dev's game big time. Now without someone attracting all that attention, defenses are now geared to stop Harris and his numbers show it.
post up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 12:42 PM   #6
JerzeyBlaze
BBall gets u cut

Me personally, im a big fan of Harris. He's one of my favorite players. I just think he had a bad season this year and with all the injuries. He's now just starting to get back to the all star type of player he was a year ago. I really feel that next year he will be an all star again. he just needs to improve his 3pt shot and get better on defense
JerzeyBlaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 02:23 PM   #7
gigantes
A piece of fluff

fun, feel-good article about t-will over at nets daily:
http://www.netsdaily.com/2010/4/10/1...-the-beginning

Quote:
Williams had said before the game: "Right now, I don't think you guys have seen everything yet," he said. "I haven't even gotten a triple-double yet, so you definitely haven't seen everything."

Over the last nine games, the Nets have gone 5-4 and TWill has been a big part of the late season turnaround. Although he missed one of those games, he's put good numbers in the other eight: 15.6 points on some solid shooting from everywhere: 51-116 (44.0%) overall; 7-18 (39.0%) from deep; even a remarkable 16-19 (84.2%) from the stripe. He's also averaged 6.0 rebounds and 6.3 assists...and only 1.8 turnovers...in 30.6 minutes.
if he was a starter, those could go from being borderline all-star numbers to borderline superstar numbers. especially since he's only a rookie, since he shouldn't do anything but continue to improve and become more consistent.

actually, and it's hard to believe, but those numbers over the course of a full game (let's say 36 minutes) wouldn't be that far from lebron-type numbers. the rebounds-assists combination is already extremely impressive.
Old 04-11-2010, 02:57 AM   #8
Nets fan 93
Brooklyn Nets >

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigantes
fun, feel-good article about t-will over at nets daily:
http://www.netsdaily.com/2010/4/10/1...-the-beginning

if he was a starter, those could go from being borderline all-star numbers to borderline superstar numbers. especially since he's only a rookie, since he shouldn't do anything but continue to improve and become more consistent.

actually, and it's hard to believe, but those numbers over the course of a full game (let's say 36 minutes) wouldn't be that far from lebron-type numbers. the rebounds-assists combination is already extremely impressive.
Williams hustles and plays with heart. combine that with the freakish athleticism and you have an allstar in the making. He.... man i dont even know... A playmaking forward/gaurd... who knows... we are just lucky to have drafted him over players like Hansbrough and Clark
Nets fan 93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 04:52 AM   #9
gigantes
A piece of fluff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nets fan 93
Williams hustles and plays with heart. combine that with the freakish athleticism and you have an allstar in the making. He.... man i dont even know... A playmaking forward/gaurd... who knows... we are just lucky to have drafted him over players like Hansbrough and Clark
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: