Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > College and High School Basketball Forum

College and High School Basketball Forum College basketball message board, high school basketball message board

Old 03-27-2008, 09:18 PM   #1
daballa13
Great young streetballer

daballa13 has not been impressing people
Default Will Brandon Jennings live up to the hype in the NCAA?

Will Jennings lead Arizona to the final four or will he turn out into a talented player who can't carry a team? I think that Brandon will do a mediocre job with random games in which he makes big splashes, but I don't think Jennings will solve the Wildcats problems.

Last edited by daballa13 : 03-27-2008 at 09:36 PM.
daballa13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 12:14 AM   #2
ZeRo DegReeZ
Can barely lace up my sneakers

ZeRo DegReeZ has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Will Brandon Jennings live up to the hype in the NCAA?

honestly, i was suprised at wat i saw at the high school mcdonalds game but i doubt he will carry a team like the wildcats who play a tough schedule, he is a very talented point gaurd however.
ZeRo DegReeZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 03:09 PM   #3
DwadeOverLebron
High School Varsity 6th Man

DwadeOverLebron has an OK reputation so far

well that was the first time i saw any of the highschoolers play for the first time, Brandon jennings definitely stuck out the most, the most i was impressed by was his speed, he definitely needs to work on his jumpshot, but he was the best player on the court hands down at the mcdees allstar game, #2 would have to be mike rosario WOW! he was pretty damm good also if he grows 2-3 inches WATCHOUT! he's listed at 6'3 but if he grows to about 6'5 - 6'6, your lookin at a possible superstar, don't know why he's goin to rutgers tho, scottie hopson was another player that stood out to me, tyreke evans had a better game than scottie but potential wise i see scottie hopson as a future star, he seemed like the most athletic on the court on both sides, those are the three that stood out to me.

as far as brandon jennings... from what i saw hes a stud, if he works on his jumpshot the sky is the limit for him, but he's gonna be a one and done deal, i expect bayless to go pro this year, which will hand him the startin role and he's gonna capitalize on it, and even if bayless stays, they can definitely co-exist, but for bayless sake i suggest he goes pro, his stock isn't goin to go much higher than it is rite now
DwadeOverLebron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 08:45 AM   #4
JellyBean
College superstar

JellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation here

After watching the high school game, I think that Jennings will help the Wildcats greatly. Right now the Pac-10 is UCLA and the rest of the bunch. With Jennings on board hooking up with Bayless, the Wildcats are going to be fun to watch next season. Will they get to the Final Four? Nope. But in year 2, they just might be knocking on the door of the Final Four.
JellyBean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 04:36 PM   #5
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Posterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

is bayless really expected to stay?i think he leaves
Posterize246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 04:41 PM   #6
sulsuvtut27
Brook Lopez=beast!!!!!

sulsuvtut27 has decent reputation

i think he can. Olson is already talking 09 title.
sulsuvtut27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 06:16 PM   #7
JellyBean
College superstar

JellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Posterize246
is bayless really expected to stay?i think he leaves

Wow. I never thought about Bayless leaving. If Bayless leaves, that makes the debate interesting. But I still think that Jennings will get the Wildcats back to one of the top 2-3 teams in the Pac-10. Because UCLA aint about to fall apart.
JellyBean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 06:49 PM   #8
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Posterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

i think right now hes projected late lottery to mid 1st round.but olson went to meet with bayless and his family about leaving.met with budinger too.thats some1 that needs to stay
Old 03-29-2008, 10:22 PM   #9
Efunk7
Serious playground baller

Efunk7 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
i think right now hes projected late lottery to mid 1st round.but olson went to meet with bayless and his family about leaving.met with budinger too.thats some1 that needs to stay

if he goes he will be in the top half of the lottery, as high as #5 IMO...
Efunk7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 06:52 PM   #10
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

jennings haircut was all time great in mcdonalds game
Old 03-30-2008, 07:01 PM   #11
ndPac

ndPac is starting to rub some people the wrong way

The announcer in the game said Jennings talked to Bayless and Bayless told Jennings he was going to stay. Budinger wont leave, his draft stock is falling fast. I still think its up in the air about Bayless but i think its more of a chance he returns now as oppose to a few weeks ago i thought he was gone for sure. . They will both benefit from staying because Jennings will get them so many more open shots. . Final Four is definently a possibilty next year if everyone returns. Also got a big man Jeff Withy coming in whos suppose to be pretty good too.
pg - Jennings
sg - Bayless
sf - Budinger
pf - Hill
c - Withy

6th man Wise
bench Horne, and another guy comin in Neggedau whos suppose to be a pretty good F also.

. . . thats a pretty good line up there. Now only if someone could teach Budinger how to stay infront of his man on defense

Jennings is amazing though check out these vids. . and he does have a pretty good jumper. He always shoots kind of a leaner shot but its pretty good. Saw him play live and he was pretty consistent all around. shot 3's good took. amazingly fast. he avgd 36ppg along with 10 assists this year but his passing is definently his strength.

Jenning 06-07 highlights:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=VJpqtynQOAM

Jennings playing at at McKhale Center (UofA) I was right behind Oak Hill bench in this one. He put up 49 pts.:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=CAW2-6iE1MY

42 pt game highlight:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=WgaUIpNyM78

63 point game highlight (Jennings scored more than the entire opposing team):
http://youtube.com/watch?v=GBNUPjKi8XA

Elite 24 all star game @ Rucker Park:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2WxqFeMWFrs

Crazy Pass:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=wnhkJjycnJg

McDonald's All american game compliation:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=NTFGjbmcoqM

I'de say hell yea hes gonna live up to the hype!
1 and done then off to the nba, but hopefully this season will be one to remember!
ndPac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 11:43 AM   #12
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

i still think he leaves. now that i look at alll these mock drafts he's no less than 5 or 6 in most of them and he'll be a sure lottery pick now that i look at it. i dont think theres any way he passes that up
Old 03-31-2008, 07:46 PM   #13
KNOW1EDGE
AKA MUGGSY

KNOW1EDGE has decent reputationKNOW1EDGE has decent reputation

I think he will be great. He will probably be a 1 and done at Arizona. Then he will be a lotto pick. The dude can flat out play, and he is actually a true pg unlike Mayo and Gordon from this year.
KNOW1EDGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 02:34 AM   #14
ndPac

ndPac is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
i still think he leaves. now that i look at alll these mock drafts he's no less than 5 or 6 in most of them and he'll be a sure lottery pick now that i look at it. i dont think theres any way he passes that up

yea but i dont think the mock draft things are too accurate. they dont get updated that indepth that often, and the real draft order isnt set so after the first two or three picks eams may be drafting towards team needs. .
Latest ive heard was 2 days ago Lute Olsen drove to phx to talk with Bayless parnets and the latest news they heard from Nba GM's was that he would probably go around 10, and Budinger would go mid to late 1st rnd. i think he droped a little towards the end of the season with a few kind of bad games and it was exposed that he can never go left. With that and he's an undersized tweener. hes kind of like Ben Gordon but with not as good of a shot if you think about it. . But yea 10 is still lottery if I was him I would probably leave I think he'd go before 10 but I'm hoping he stays. Great college player. still has the potential to be real good in pros too.

Budinger I've said all along will probably end up on a bench somewhere for his whole career. Don't think he has the nba game. he definently has the size and athleticism but for some reason besides a jumpshot he isnt good for much. Maybe he could be somewhat successful with a team like the Magic but even JJ Redick can't get off the bench there.

Jennings said he's one and done unless we don't reach the final four then he might come back for another year.
But im sure that aint gonna happen, hes gone either way i bet.
ndPac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 12:45 PM   #15
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndPac
yea but i dont think the mock draft things are too accurate. they dont get updated that indepth that often, and the real draft order isnt set so after the first two or three picks eams may be drafting towards team needs. .
Latest ive heard was 2 days ago Lute Olsen drove to phx to talk with Bayless parnets and the latest news they heard from Nba GM's was that he would probably go around 10, and Budinger would go mid to late 1st rnd. i think he droped a little towards the end of the season with a few kind of bad games and it was exposed that he can never go left. With that and he's an undersized tweener. hes kind of like Ben Gordon but with not as good of a shot if you think about it. . But yea 10 is still lottery if I was him I would probably leave I think he'd go before 10 but I'm hoping he stays. Great college player. still has the potential to be real good in pros too.

Budinger I've said all along will probably end up on a bench somewhere for his whole career. Don't think he has the nba game. he definently has the size and athleticism but for some reason besides a jumpshot he isnt good for much. Maybe he could be somewhat successful with a team like the Magic but even JJ Redick can't get off the bench there.

Jennings said he's one and done unless we don't reach the final four then he might come back for another year.
But im sure that aint gonna happen, hes gone either way i bet.

bayless will here lottery and jump.even if it's around 10.he could probly go anywhere from 4-13. but he'll be a lottery pick no doubt.maybe a team like indiana takes a risk with him and gets rid of tinsley?
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: