Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > College and High School Basketball Forum

College and High School Basketball Forum College basketball message board, high school basketball message board

Old 08-13-2010, 04:38 PM   #1
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Posterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Which game did you enjoy more?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FA1DCLcStKc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFzVZOIMswI
Posterize246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 04:53 PM   #2
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Which game did you enjoy more?

6OT game was a lot more fun for me to watch. Maybe cause it was in the Garden, maybe cause I liked the UConn and Syracuse teams more, I'm not sure. However.. The KSU game was called by Gus Johnson, which can't be undervalued.

As for the best game of last year, well atleast in my perspective and the one I was most emotional about---Illinois v. Clemson.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 04:59 PM   #3
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here

Also want to say, though Jordan hit that crazy long distance 3, I really liked Pullen's 3 at 1:52 of the video. It's so pretty--cut from the baseline, defensive player under the screen, so he decides to zip to the top of the key, get the ball in the shooting pocket, drain it from straight on while the guy is trying to close you out. Doesn't get any more fluid than that.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 05:20 PM   #4
mhg88
Local High School Star

mhg88 is considered somewhat coolmhg88 is considered somewhat coolmhg88 is considered somewhat cool

Definitely the 6OT game. I was born in Syracuse and raised about 30 miles away. The Orange are a way of life! That game was incredible to watch.
mhg88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 07:28 PM   #5
Thorpesaurous
NBA lottery pick

Thorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I was at the 6 OT game, and I've never been to a more immersive sporting event. The entire garden was living and dieing with every possession, and everyone there was exhausted. People forget that that's the fourth game of the day, and many fans were there for all four, and the vast majority had been through at least two.

It certainly was not the prettiest game I've ever seen, but it was a complete experience. I've been a Syracuse fan since I was a little kid, and my brother was with me, and he's a Uconn alum. When Devandorf hit the three at the end of regulation, we hopped the wall to sprint outta there, cause if we could make Grand Central in fifteen minutes, a gargantuan feat, we could catch that train. We were just about to hit the no reentry turnstyle when a girl in one of the beer gardens yelled down the hall that they had waved it off. We ran back, vowing to stay for the full OT, even if it cost us an hour wait on the next train. We wound up sleeping on the steps down to the food court at GC waiting for the 430. I've missed all of two Big East tourney thursday's over the past twenty years, and have seen plenty of other days too, and that game goes down on the short list of my favorites ever that I've been to.

The back to back days of half court buzzer beaters by McNamara a few years back is in the running. The Ray Allen no look running jumpshot. The fight that broke out when BC won on a thursday just after announcing they were abondoning the conference. Even the Va Tech game my boys and I went wild during, getting into it the whole time the swarms of Nova fans surrounding us, until one of them actually asked a real question "who's you're best player?" to which we could only reply "No one on this team is worth more than the 19 points we're getting from the house." Nearly getting into a drunken fight over a team of whom you know almost nothing about is priceless. The time my buddies sister's new schmoe boyfriend horned in with us. We spent the day cheating down seat after seat. He always moved to the inside, a seemingly odd move, until we realized that it was normal protocal for round buying to move from the outside in, and he managed to never buy a round. We secretly sat all his action all day, and watching him pout as he fell to 0 and 3, and down 16 at the half in game four when he got up to use the bathroom, but took his coat, and never came back.

The Big East ... Good Times.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 03:43 AM   #6
SourPatchKids
Banned

SourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Forget the fans imagine how the players were feeling like during the 6 OT game.
SourPatchKids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 12:29 PM   #7
Thorpesaurous
NBA lottery pick

Thorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I found this shirt online about three weeks after the game, and I was one of about 20,000 people there last year with this shirt.

http://www.cnycentral.com/uploadedIm...ct=nos tretch

That's not actually true, most of the Orange fans were wearing "In Wes We Trust" shirts last year, with Wes's face over the iconic Obama image.
Old 08-16-2010, 10:41 PM   #8
Maga_1
NBA sixth man of the year

Maga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMaga_1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

6OT was awesome. I don't have many ways to watch NCAA but that game i could see .. it was incredible !
Anybody got a link to download that match?
Maga_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 01:58 AM   #9
nysn
I brick open layups

nysn has no real reputation yet.

6ot
nysn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 02:07 AM   #10
nysn
I brick open layups

nysn has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhg88
Definitely the 6OT game. I was born in Syracuse and raised about 30 miles away. The Orange are a way of life! That game was incredible to watch.
exactly
nysn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 08:00 PM   #11
TheGame414
Decent college freshman

TheGame414 has decent reputationTheGame414 has decent reputation

I was at a bar with some friends during the 6OT game. I'd been watching the entire game and left my house to meet up with them in time to catch the end of regulation. We'd already started a game of Golden Tee before they waved off Devendorf's shot.

By the time the game was over, we'd finished 36 more holes of Golden Tee and after about four 23 oz. Sierra Nevadas, I was pretty buzzed. When you can be sober at the end of regulation of a basketball game and no longer legally eligible to drive by the actual end of it....that's a marathon.
TheGame414 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 06:08 AM   #12
highjumper
Can barely lace up my sneakers

highjumper has an OK reputation so far

6Ot was the best game i had ever enjoyed...slump that..
highjumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 01:10 AM   #13
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Definitely Syracuse/UConn. I was getting calls and texts from friends that don't even follow college ball with "are you watching this?!" Around the third overtime it became so all intensive I just invited friends over and we all watched. It was nuts. A little mini party got started in central Indiana just because of a Big East game. Behold, the power of sport.

If anyone has a download/stream link for that game it'd be cool.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 06:18 PM   #14
Thorpesaurous
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
Definitely Syracuse/UConn. I was getting calls and texts from friends that don't even follow college ball with "are you watching this?!" Around the third overtime it became so all intensive I just invited friends over and we all watched. It was nuts. A little mini party got started in central Indiana just because of a Big East game. Behold, the power of sport.

If anyone has a download/stream link for that game it'd be cool.

This immersiveness is why I brought up the crowd that night. That day is exhausting even for the most hard core sports fans, and there was this feeling from the entire crowd that we're right there with the players. People leaving early to catch trains were almost looked at like they gave up on the sport in general. And the fans, who are often the top few most rowdy of the Big East (although they have an odd mutual respect for each other that differentiates them from others), got this weird sensation that we were all just happy to be part of it. Just a really great experience.
Old 08-29-2010, 12:14 PM   #15
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Definitely the 6OT game for me. It was just such a crazy experience. I don't know if I could even handle being there live lol.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: