Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 04-07-2010, 12:41 AM   #1
YAWN
NBA All-star

YAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Any good torrent sites left?

I used these before but they all suck now..
mininova
demonoid
isohunt

mainly looking for one with a lot of movies. Also if any are good for screeners let me know..
YAWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 12:42 AM   #2
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Any good torrent sites left?

I've been using Bitsoup for years, it's still great.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 12:47 AM   #3
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

What exactly is your gripe with the torrent sites you listed?
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 12:52 AM   #4
BankShot
5-time NBA All-Star

BankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Over 95% of my torrent use is through either HD-Torrents.net or Goem.org.... both private trackers. The only reason I use Pirate Bay is for downloading TV shows within an hour after they are aired.

Private trackers are absolutely the way to go if you can find your way into one. I have ShannonElements to thank for that.
BankShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 12:53 AM   #5
YAWN
NBA All-star

YAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

well mininova was shut down. isohunt looks like its about to get shut down. and demonoid seems like it lost a lot of active uploaders since theyve been back after being shut down.
Old 04-07-2010, 12:53 AM   #6
BankShot
5-time NBA All-Star

BankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete's montreux
What exactly is your gripe with the torrent sites you listed?

Mininova is, for all intents and purposes, defunct, and by my estimation Pirate Bay is on its way in that direction.
Old 04-07-2010, 12:54 AM   #7
BankShot
5-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAWN
well mininova was shut down. isohunt looks like its about to get shut down. and demonoid seems like it lost a lot of active uploaders since theyve been back after being shut down.

I agree that Demonoid has definitely seen better days now that it is basically a public tracker since its open for free registration so often.
Old 04-07-2010, 12:55 AM   #8
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Yeah, Mininova is completely worthless, and I use PirateBay for the exact reason BankShot listed.

And like he said, private is the way to go. They're more like "communities" rather than just torrent sites. They take it a step further.
Old 04-07-2010, 12:58 AM   #9
BankShot
5-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete's montreux
Yeah, Mininova is completely worthless, and I use PirateBay for the exact reason BankShot listed.

And like he said, private is the way to go. They're more like "communities" rather than just torrent sites. They take it a step further.

Thats precisely why they're so great, and why they're so hard to get into, which in turn makes them so great.

Mandatory seeding after downloading (up to a ratio of 1.0 or like a week straight) and a real sense of comradere and community are what set private trackers apart and make them so vasty superior.
Old 04-07-2010, 12:59 AM   #10
YAWN
NBA All-star

anyone wanna be a pal and send me an invite to anything?
Old 04-07-2010, 01:02 AM   #11
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

I actually don't have very many invites for anyone. I'm a member of many private sites but I don't even use most of them.
Old 04-07-2010, 01:05 AM   #12
BankShot
5-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
anyone wanna be a pal and send me an invite to anything?

Depends... will you buy into the fact that private torrent trackers are a community where you have to give back (seed for a given amount of time) for the greater good?
Old 04-07-2010, 01:11 AM   #13
YAWN
NBA All-star

ah that would reflect poorly on you if i didn't right?

I can't take on that responsibility hah. I usually just hop on, download the torrent, open Vuze while its downloading, and then I shut it down.
Old 04-07-2010, 01:18 AM   #14
BankShot
5-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
ah that would reflect poorly on you if i didn't right?

I can't take on that responsibility hah. I usually just hop on, download the torrent, open Vuze while its downloading, and then I shut it down.

Not only would that reflect poorly on me, but it also would be detrimental to the community that I appreciate.

That kind of behavior is fine and goes unnoticed on Pirate Bay because they've got up to 5000 seeders for a TV episode. However, on one of the private trackers you'll be lucky to get 20-30 seeders on a 12-gig 1080p Hi-Def movie, so every last person helps keep the site alive and in use.

Its too bad you're unwilling to contribute back, because I'll get at least 1 MB/sec on very reputable, high-quality video.
Old 04-07-2010, 01:20 AM   #15
YAWN
NBA All-star

Quote:
Originally Posted by BankShot
Not only would that reflect poorly on me, but it also would be detrimental to the community that I appreciate.

That kind of behavior is fine and goes unnoticed on Pirate Bay because they've got up to 5000 seeders for a TV episode. However, on one of the private trackers you'll be lucky to get 20-30 seeders on a 12-gig 1080p Hi-Def movie, so every last person helps keep the site alive and in use.

Its too bad you're unwilling to contribute back, because I'll get at least 1 MB/sec on very reputable, high-quality video.

yeah i just don't really find myself ever keeping vuze open when im not using it. guess ill stick to demonoid or something.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: