Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Detroit Pistons Forum

Detroit Pistons Forum Detroit Pistons message board - pistons fan forum

Old 04-08-2010, 12:32 PM   #1
DetroitPiston
Soundcatcher

DetroitPiston is considered somewhat coolDetroitPiston is considered somewhat coolDetroitPiston is considered somewhat cool
Default We play better without Rip or Prince.

A shame really but last night the difference this team shows without them is noticeable and it's a good noticeable.

One of the better sides of this season too.
DetroitPiston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 01:55 AM   #2
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: We play better without Rip or Prince.

The Pistons record with the team healthy actually isn't too bad. That tells me they are better with Rip and Tay. As much as I like the young guys there's no way they are better than those two.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 04:47 PM   #3
DetroitPiston
Soundcatcher

DetroitPiston is considered somewhat coolDetroitPiston is considered somewhat coolDetroitPiston is considered somewhat cool

Nah, problem with Rip and Tay is that they hog the ball more IMO. Plus, we need to offload Rip as we have too many guards as it is.
DetroitPiston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 06:53 PM   #4
Chan ho nam
Banned

Chan ho nam has an OK reputation so far

i'm more frustrated with Charlie than anyone else

i dont mind Tay, we absolutely need his intangibles

i agree with your point on Rip, he shouldnt be the main ball handler unless he has a major mismatch, of course i prefer Stuckey to run the point
Chan ho nam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 03:35 AM   #5
GunFactor007
I airball my layups

GunFactor007 has an OK reputation so far

I have said this on other sites, even though Rip and BG have great chemistry and have that UCONN bond, one of them HAS to go.
GunFactor007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 05:14 AM   #6
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

While they do have a UCONN bond, I have never thought they have great chemistry together. I never thought they would when Joe D was originally going after Ben this past summer. Rip and Ben play the same position. They shouldn't have chemsitry necessarily. The problem lies in the fact that Rip can play D and Ben can shoot the 3. Rip can still score the ball the same.... That's why I always have prefered him. Let's not remember just what we have seen the past couple games. Don't let the Pistons sell you on something and make no mistake... that is exactly what they are doing. They want you to have a mind set of I will buy tickets to a game if no changes are made. They want you to think these players they signed are consistent (which they have never been and they've been in the league too long for anybody to think differently). You fans need to expect more!!!! This is not a championship caliber team! There are big moves that need to be made. We got rid of Billups! He was one of the best PG's in the league! We (well some of us) took him for granted! That is hard to replace. Stuckey is good enough. Now there's other moves to make. Please understand, if the right moves are made, this team is right back where they were.
Old 04-11-2010, 08:25 AM   #7
el gringos
Good college starter

el gringos has not been impressing people

Det gets- kenyon martin + eddy curry + 2 NY 2nds + den 1st
Det gives- rip + ben g + villenueva + a daye
-------
Ny gets- rip + ty lawson
Ny gives- curry + 2 2nds
-----
Den gets- ben g + villenueva + a daye
Den gives- kmart + ty lawson + fut 1st
el gringos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 03:55 PM   #8
dd24
College superstar

I don't want Kenyon or Curry. I'd take either of them for the vets minimum if they were FA's but with the money they make it's a huge liability. Plus the fact they both have a hard time getting up and down the court make them situational type players. I'm sure Denver wouldn't want BG. They already have Josh Smith and Aaron Afflalo. They need big men too. They aren't going to give any up.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: